Byron Maxwell Released and Fales signed | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Byron Maxwell Released and Fales signed

Saying "I disagree with being benched" is not complaining. What Bryant on the Steelers is doing is complaining. All he's done is swallowed his pride as a vet and tutored young guys like Tank by all accounts. That's being a pro under difficult circumstances. Some of you are hilarious. Calling this an 'all time terrible trade' is an all time terrible post. That trade worked out rather well for Miami actually. Expectations are priceless on this board sometimes...

i generally agree with this....especially at the end.

we needed a roster spot, and maxwell was the obvious cut. our young corners have played pretty well....and maxwell moreso than not....hasn't. would've rather had him rostered thru the year but injuries change that.

Maxwells freelancing hurt this team on more than a few occasions and that is the main reason, im glad to see him go. I love how sound in their assignments, both Tankersley and Howard are. The defense instantly improved once Maxwell was removed from the lineup.

It could have been, but Miami in the Draft got Tunsil, who I believe Miami still would have taken if not for the trade, so it did not matter.

On the other hand, with that trade Miami got an extra Corner that gave them at least half a season of good play, and a LB that no matter what side you're on, he make plays, and does help make the defense better.

At the end of the day all I see is a team that gave up a top 10 pick to do another team a 'solid' by taking out their trash. Eagles won that trade the second it happened, regardless of it working out or not.

Can we at least sign a competent back up. If Matt Moore goes down, Fales isn’t a pro quarterback. With the rash of hurt QB’s, you’d think a player that has been to the Super Bowl and played in big games would get a call. I rather my football team make football decisions.

At the end of the day all I see is a team that gave up a top 10 pick to do another team a 'solid' by taking out their trash. Eagles won that trade the second it happened, regardless of it working out or not.
They got rid of a contract and a player they didn't want and a linebacker that didn't fit. Alonso's been OK for us but you can see the difference from what a really good linebacker play is and what average linebacker play is when you watch Alonso and Timmons. Timmons is a baller, text book fundamentals, hard hitting, instincts...it's all the stuff you look for in a linebacker...too bad he's not 27.

Just thinking, what if they put Cutler on IR to make room for McDonald and cut a lineman like Davis to make room for Larsen? They could even cut Asiata since he’s PS eligible.

We have plenty of guys we can cut without getting rid of producers and draft assets.

drop them names

Stephone Anthony
Walt Aikens
Chase Allen
Mike Hull
Senorise Perry
Maurice Smith

Out of those I'd probably say Anthony, Perry, and Smith would be top of the list.

That said, I'm not sure how much each of these guys contributes on ST, or how well they show in practice.

But I dont wanna drop ANY depth on our Oline if we can avoid it.

Eidt : Oh! I forgot Devante Parker....NAH Just messin with you guys:p

Some of you seem to have very selective memories. Yes, he struggled at the start of last year for a few games. But he played very well after that before he got hurt and had two INTs and FOUR forced fumbles and 15 passes defended. That's not sucking. That's a tough, tough position to play and they don't grow on trees. He was good in helping Tank and I wish him well as those that cover the team always comment on his professionalism. I'm worried about the depth behind the starters.
True, I actually kind of forgot how good he was last year... He's been so shitty this year it's pretty much overshadowed what he did in 2016.

Surprised he was released before the season was open, even with the need for Fales. He was literally holding down the bottom spot on our roster in Gase's eyes. Tells a lot.

It could have been, but Miami in the Draft got Tunsil, who I believe Miami still would have taken if not for the trade, so it did not matter.

On the other hand, with that trade Miami got an extra Corner that gave them at least half a season of good play, and a LB that no matter what side you're on, he make plays, and does help make the defense better.

My OTOH is that Howie Roseman on the heels of Philly's trade with us, traded DeMarco Murray to TN for not even a 4th round pick, but an exchange of 4th round picks. Our front office geniuses should have been on top of that one as even a higher priority, considering Miller was gonna get paid elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom