Calvin Pace Update | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Calvin Pace Update

You know the Jets are becoming a real pain in the ace... Seems the Entire AFC-east is switching to the 3-4 so were fighting over the same players..

Just another reason to hate those gals..

I want to see what a healthy Joey Porter can do in a Phins uniform this year. Everyone knows what he can do. he's a playmaker!

Theyr going to be like the Redskins. They will be in the negatives in the next year or two.

Pace needs to get over this deal of 20 million guaranteed. Briggs only got 13 million guaranteed, and sorry pace but Briggs has proven himself more than you. Sign and be happy my friend, sign and be happy.

Lance Briggs got 12million in guaranteed money. What is Calvin Pace thinking?

EXACTLY. Briggs is someone you could give 20 mill guarantees, but not even he got that.

Calvin Pace, you are way overrating yourself. And here everyone thought, "OH IT'S JUST MONEY I WANT HIM ON THIS TEAM".

WRONG. That's not how you build a franchise off the ground. You don't overpay when you still have many holes to fill.

if we go full blown 3-4, Joey will prolly do a lot better

since briggs gets 12 mil guaranteed then pace should get 12 mil or less.

period.

EXACTLY. Briggs is someone you could give 20 mill guarantees, but not even he got that.

Calvin Pace, you are way overrating yourself. And here everyone thought, "OH IT'S JUST MONEY I WANT HIM ON THIS TEAM".

WRONG. That's not how you build a franchise off the ground. You don't overpay when you still have many holes to fill.

I wouldn't give Briggs that money. He was smart to sign with the Bears because he knows without Urlacher, he is just another 'backer.

go to the Jets and watch our running game bang you up next year when we play you twice.
your going to need that extra money for your hospital bills you greedy *******!!!!!

Calvin Pace will be paid more than Lance Briggs because of the position he plays. Inside linebackers that can do what Lance Briggs does are less rare than outside linebackers/rush ends that can do what Pace does...supposedly.

I was initially incredulous about this move but after really looking into his production at Arizona...and watching some film...the guy can play. The numbers are hard to swallow but the guy can play.

i thought we gave him 20mil? as per kffl post here is the link..
Dolphins | Team reportedly makes Pace offer
Sun, 2 Mar 2008 20:50:20 -0800
Kent Somers, of the Arizona Republic, reports the Miami Dolphins have reportedly offered free-agent LB Calvin Pace (Cardinals) a contract that includes $20 million in guarantees.

Calvin Pace will be paid more than Lance Briggs because of the position he plays. Inside linebackers that can do what Lance Briggs does are less rare than outside linebackers/rush ends that can do what Pace does...supposedly.

I was initially incredulous about this move but after really looking into his production at Arizona...and watching some film...the guy can play. The numbers are hard to swallow but the guy can play.

Agreed.

Why does this just feel a lot like what Arrington did to us a couple of years ago. I remember that whole mess where he kept going back and forth between us and the Giants. And then finally jumped to them after thinking we had him all but signed. I'd probably have to agree that we should just say you have until tonight to make your decision, else the deal's off the table and we move on. But I'd still like to get him if we can. I just don't want to be held hostage by another LB who we're not 100% sure is going to be that good.

no one knows these press idiots get things wrong all the time, we had pace we dont have pace we offered him 20 million in guarantees we didnt offer him 20 in guarantees
none of these idiots know anything

as for pace i am one of the biggest advocates to signing him, i knew of pace before this FA signing, he has serious talent, he was not used right really until last year

that being said i dont think any player in the NFL is worth 20 million dollars to play football for a living, but i am not paying it and this is how the NFL and all pro sports works

i say if he doesnt take 14/15 million in guarantees at the most then **** him and lets move on,

and for people bashing joey porter get real, he had knee surgery before the season he busted his *** to get back before the season, he was not 100 percent, but when he did get healthy he was the old jerry porter add to the fact he came from a 3-4 to a lame *** 4-3 that was poorly ran last year

Back
Top Bottom