Calvin Pace Update | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Calvin Pace Update

My initial reaction is to say take it or leave it too, however, how much of this is his agent doing? Look what happened to O. Gadsden...declined a nice multi year deal as he wanted more, never got it, and was out of he league in a year and who knows where the guy is. If he and his agent want to play ball like that, I'd tell him starting tomorrow, the offer depreciates daily by 7 percent; if we make another move on a targeted player, the offer is immediately and permanently withdrawn...would be funny if we and the Jets signed someone else and left the guy with a substantially smaller contract elsewhere.

Lance Briggs got 12million in guaranteed money. What is Calvin Pace thinking?

Pace (and his agent) are thinking the same thing everyone else is in the NFL.

Lance Briggs now comes with the "product of the system" label in the Tampa 2. He's had an above average Front 7 to play with his entire tenure. Not too mention, 4-3 linebackers are easy to find.

However, 3-4 linebackers are not as easy to find/project/develop. Now that 3-4 has become the "vogue" system to use, there is a declining supply of 3-4 linebackers.

It's basic economics and a seller's market. Calvin Pace has shown exceptional capabilities in a 3-4 LB role. Not many good/great 3-4 LBs are on the market. Therefore, he gets to sell his services at a premium.

And, as far as the 'greedy' label goes, he's only doing what any of us would do: Getting as much money as he's worth. Don't blame him for asking. If he tanks or gets injured, this contract may be the only security in his earning life. I don't blame him for asking for more money.

It's not about us the fans, it's about him and his life. He has to make the best decision for him. If it makes him a fin, all the better.

Pace (and his agent) are thinking the same thing everyone else is in the NFL.

Lance Briggs now comes with the "product of the system" label in the Tampa 2. He's had an above average Front 7 to play with his entire tenure. Not too mention, 4-3 linebackers are easy to find.

However, 3-4 linebackers are not as easy to find/project/develop. Now that 3-4 has become the "vogue" system to use, there is a declining supply of 3-4 linebackers.

It's basic economics and a seller's market. Calvin Pace has shown exceptional capabilities in a 3-4 LB role. Not many good/great 3-4 LBs are on the market. Therefore, he gets to sell his services at a premium.

And, as far as the 'greedy' label goes, he's only doing what any of us would do: Getting as much money as he's worth. Don't blame him for asking. If he tanks or gets injured, this contract may be the only security in his earning life. I don't blame him for asking for more money.

It's not about us the fans, it's about him and his life. He has to make the best decision for him. If it makes him a fin, all the better.

i agree with most of your statement
this is what i think pisses the people off the most
after visiting the dolphins, he makes all these statements about loving it in miami, would love to play with jason taylor, knows how bill and co want and will win, so whats he do instead of staying and working on a deal he flies out to new york

I think they should go ahead and plan visits with any other linebackers that are on the market. Make Pace think they are moving on without him. If he is really interested he will take the hint and call the Dolphins. I really don't think Parcells is one to let himself be jerked around by someone.

Just read .on Dolphins in Depth, by Armando Salguero, that Pace is mulling over offers from Fins and Jets, but that neither team offered him the 20 Million guaranteed that he's looking to get. He likes South Florida and the Tuna, as well, so it seems that Miami has him if they are willing to throw a few more dollars in his direction (or just wait it out a bit).

http://dolphinsindepth.blogspot.com/

E

for those of you who think we're going crazy....just think about how Parcells is feeling.....

Hey you guys can have him. BTW aren't you guys in enough cap hell without overpaying for a 1 year of production? How much money do you have?

Pace signs with the Jets

Now prepare for the Pace is overrated posts.
Im suprised we were looking at spending this type of money myself

New York Jets have agreed to a six-year, $42 million deal with DE/LB Calvin Pace.
Pace, a five-year Arizona Cardinals veteran. began his career as a defensive end before moving to linebacker in a 3-4 front in 2007.
Pace will receive a $20 million signing bonus, with $22 million of the deal guaranteed.
He chose between offers from the Dolphins and Jets

Hey you guys can have him. BTW aren't you guys in enough cap hell without overpaying for a 1 year of production? How much money do you have?

Obviously we are not in cap hell if we are signing all of these guys and now if gthe Robertson trade goes through we get $8 mil more in cap room.

Back
Top Bottom