Cameron Brate? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cameron Brate?

it would feel like a typical Dolphins move to seek a temporary stopgap to a long term problem along the likes of Dustin Keller, Jordan Cameron and Julius Thomas
Mind boggling how none of those worked. Injuries killed us. Who knows how better we could have been if we had a Real TE.

We need a big upgrade at TE. I presume that Julius Thomas is done and will get cut. Brate was pretty good in Tampa and Jameis relied on him a lot. He is definitely worth looking at but I'd prefer to invest a fairly high Draft pick in a TE. (cough, Fumagalli from Wisconsin, cough). Maybe we can do both?
I just double checked the Julius Thomas contract - 2 years, total $12.2M (average $6.1M) with $7.5M guaranteed, $100K workout bonus each yr. Dead cap hit if cut in 2018 is $2M. He is a free agent in 2019.
Julius looked like he aged a helluva lot last season and was a shadow of the player that Gase knew and loved in Denver. For a $2M projected Dead Cap hit in 2018, I expect that he gets cut. Key learning from the Julius episode is for Grier to be more critical of old players who Gase loved from years ago. The truth is that Julius' poor form in Jacksonville was overlooked because of Gase's passion for the player.
I like your thinking at TE. Wasnt Matt Ryan a rookie when Gonzalez came there? It is such a qb developer to have that ability at TE

Mind boggling how none of those worked. Injuries killed us. Who knows how better we could have been if we had a Real TE.

To be fair, I think the Keller thing was ridiculously unlucky. I'll always be pissed at Swearinger for that hit; Keller never played again.

Brate would be a grate fit. Thomas is a huge bust obviously. Please no Burton!!! (not because hes not very talented, but because I have him in a dynasty league and coming to miami would likely destroy his production)

Brate would be a grate fit. Thomas is a huge bust obviously. Please no Burton!!! (not because hes not very talented, but because I have him in a dynasty league and coming to miami would likely destroy his production)
Wow! Sorry buddy but all your saying is that you're not a real fan

Burton may have a huge day tomorrow cause New England will spend all its time taking in prep gameplanning to take away zach Ertz.

I want nothing to do with burtons bad contract in waiting

Back
Top Bottom