Cameron Wake not making waves | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cameron Wake not making waves

I think everyone forgets this guy was a stud in the CFL, which is almost like playing Madden on rookie, and now he is playing with the best of the best...imagine going from rooking to all pro in madden....not an easy trasition. lol...so imagine playing the guys who couldnt make it on an NFL team, to playing against all pro linemen like Long and Carey....he will get it, it just will take some time..

yea definitley going to end up being nothing, good thing you gave him some time and not only 3 days of training camp to make that conclusion...... : /

Great response and sense of PERSPECTIVE (often lacking on this site)
I am a little confused. From what I've read in the various local newspaper blogs, Wake has had a few instances where he was putting pressure on the QB.
Not having been to camp myself, I can't verify that.
This thread is the 1st I've heard that he's not shown much.

I'll take the wait for his 1st preseason game when he can go balls to the wall and then we can judge.
I am slitly bias as i am a HUGE PSU fan and really want to see him do well. Also its just the 1st week of Camp he needs to be given some slack.

absolutely, the guy has to be given a fair chance. with that i mean all of TC and all of pre-season to see how he does. it's not like he is a chump out there. he had another sack in yesterday's practice. that's how many would-be sacks now? 2? 3?

These reportes totally suck... wasnt there just a report yesterday from omar that Wake was impressive? So which is it you sh**** beat writers

from what i have read.wake is getting very good pressure against the 2nd and 3rd string guys.coach said he is going to put him up against long and carey to get a better feel of where he is really at.guys who get to go to the practises should look for these match ups,and let us know what they see and think.that would be great.

lets WAKE and see
ha ha
hope he does well hes a bodybuilder playing football

Did you hate him when he blocked the punt against the Jets last year?

Just asking.....

i think my reaction was something along the lines of "it's about time he does something other than set us ten yards back."

Some people jump to conclusions way too quick.

This could just as easily be the opposite of a "workout warrior". Some people look spectacular in practice, but don't show up in games. Maybe, depending on whose reports you read, Wake just isn't a practice player. Give him time, GAME time, then decide on him. I'm not just talking one game either. Got to give the guy some time before you call him a bust straight up.

I think everyone forgets this guy was a stud in the CFL, which is almost like playing Madden on rookie, and now he is playing with the best of the best...imagine going from rooking to all pro in madden....not an easy trasition. lol...so imagine playing the guys who couldnt make it on an NFL team, to playing against all pro linemen like Long and Carey....he will get it, it just will take some time..

I think everyone is also forgetting Wake is learning a new position, new defense, new assignments, new techniques, new teammates and new terminology on top of that. That's why Sparano is saying he's basically a rookie. His learning curve is vast and and multi-layered.

Moses, who should have already cleared those hurdles last year, SHOULD be ahead of him in the 3rd practice of training camp. Otherwise, Moses really sucks.

He had back to back sacks today.

Just going off of fact here.

We'll see what he does when pre-season rolls around.

Can't wait much longer.............

Back
Top Bottom