Camp Report for Thursday June 3rd | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Camp Report for Thursday June 3rd

Ozzy

Premium Member
Reaction score
Man what a nice hot day today. With it being so hot the stands are nearly empty.

No Timbo again today, but JT was back, and I'm sure wade Smith was hoping otherwise.

Anyway I'll get back to that part later.

Lets talk QB's:

Remember how I keep saying that Feeley throws such a nice catchable spiral, well there is one problem I've seen and today I noticed Trestman working with him on it. It's on the quick slants, or outs, and he most definitely does not do this everytime. But every once in a while he pushes the play, and throws the ball off his back foot, not with all his weight on it, but as the front foot moves forward. What I've seen is that the ball is coming in with the front tip of the ball almost straight up, while the motion of the ball is going down. It's a very hard ball to catch. Well, right after Trestman told him, Feeley throws a perfect, can't get any better, quick slant to Snoop Minnis, who split the defenders, and was off to the races. There was no having to reach back, slow up, or no having to cradle the ball with his body, it actually was out in front of him so he had to kick in the turbo to make sure he could get to it. The very next play, the exact same thing, only the Wr was Kendall Newsome. Yeremiah Bell read the play, and made the stop, but not until after a nice gain. Feeley also had a nice throw to Boston, who caught it right on the sideline about 30 yards downfield. He also missed on the same pass earlier, and he also had his fair share of bad throws. He also fumbled the very first snap, and Edward's scooped it up and would have scored. However, I do see improvements, except that he is still slower than molasses running the ball. In the two minute drill he looked much better, driving the field for a TD on one nice pass to Minnis, then a nice pass to Chambers, then a short TD pass to Minnis.

Fiedler was about the same, he has that edge in knowing the plays, knowing the Wr's, and is just much more comfortable at this time. He slightly overthrew one long ball to Chambers, who made one of them spectacular one handed circus type catches. But if that balls on the money, it's a 50 Td, instead of a 30-35 yard gain. He used Chambers, McMike, and Thompson pretty well today, but he was off the mark on a lot of throws, as many if not more than Feeley. But in the two minute drill he had a TD in two plays, not too shabby.

Sage looked very debonair once again, sporting a brand new Miami Dolphins Visor. No clipboard, but instead, holding his helmet at his side the whole time. Not one play for him during team drills......once again.

Neither QB has been all that impressive, but Feeley is improving, for sure. Usually Fiedler gets a few more reps with the first teamers, but today there was a good stretch that they let Feeley get some good work with them all. I think that Feeley might have actually took a couple more snaps today, than Fiedler.

They did not run the ball very much at all today.

So lets do some Wr's

Chambers had an excellent practice, he caught around six or seven passes, notables are the circus catch, and one other being a ball that Feeley threw in the two minute drill. The ball was placed just out of the reach of two defenders, one on each side of Chambers. Chambers had to slow up a tad, and at the same time, he had to cradle the ball in his body, while falling to the ground. And yes, Chambers is being used in the slot a few times, with him going in motion on most of them.

I like watching Boston come off the snaps, he is an excellent route runner, and very tough to jam at the line, but go figure with the size he is right? Both Qb's are looking for him. He had that nice long pass from Feeley, and also beat Madison, and Knight on another that Fiedler underthrew.

Minnis also had a real good practice today. I believe he had four catches, maybe it was five, but that slant pattern was an absolute thing of beauty.

Newsome also had a good practice, and had four receptions, with one being a nice 20 yard out from Fiedler, both a nice pass, and a nice route and catch. Newsome is one of the guys playing outside when Chambers goes into the slot.

I might have been able to say something nice about Simmons as well, because he was wide open twice on deeper outs, but both Fiedler and Feeley overthrew him. Nice route running though....

Thompson also was right in the mix today, catching a slightly high pass from Fiedler while crossing the middle, and used some elusive speed to make a real nice gain out of it. I believe he had three catches.

McMike made a nice catch out of an overthrown ball from Fiedler, and had three catches as well.

Donald Lee, was the one who got the TD in the two play drive with Fiedler running the two minute drill. He took a shorter out pattern, and got the corner on the defender, going about 20-25 yards for the score.

OK a real short take on two lineman.

Greg Jerman and St Clair combined to seal off a perfect screen to Minor, with St. Clair making a nice seal off block on Grigsby, and then Jerman hustled out as soon as the ball was caught, taking both Zach and Seau out of the play. The timing of the blocks were perfect, with Minor gaining around 20 yards.

Jerman got high five's all the way back to the huddle, but he headed right over to St. Clair and made sure he gave him his praise.

Jerman was getting lots of attention from Wise today, lots of pats on the back. And even though he is listed as one of the slowest lineman, he's using lots of hustle to make up for it. I only watched a couple of times, but I like the way he's getting his hands right up on the snaps.

OK on to the defense:

Jason Taylor once again made minced meat out of Wade Smith on one play, leaving Smith with stains on his keester. Yeah I know Smith has bulked up, and yeah I know it's JT he's going up against but man I sure hope this is all because of the no pads, no hitting rules.

Eddie Moore is moving around pretty good, but he better watch out for Jenkins, Pope, and Bua. All three of them are looking to be good candidates for special teams knockouts.

Also Morlon Greenwood gets a vote from me today for not having the best of days.

I'm not sure which one I like better, but both Antuan Edwards, and Yeremiah Bell are going to give Freeman a run for the money when the hitting starts. Both cover pretty well, and look comfortable at FS.

REMEMBER, NO PADS, NO HITTING, SO TAKES MY REPORTS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT. THINGS COULD EASILY CHANGE COME JULY, WHEN THE REAL STUFF BEGINS.

OK I'm done with this for the night, I got home really late today, having to help with an AC install at my job, then of course having to get my fishing fix this evening. I have not eaten dinner and I'm starved, but I knew if I had not written this up first I would not have posted it until 2 am so here you go. Hope you all enjoy....

Thanks Bro, I wish I could be out there with you. Works Crazy right now. I will be out for the real training camp. Hope to see you there. Take care my brother.

Thanks Oz.

It's been reported that Boston is in the 230's now. Does he look noticeably slimmer to you?

Ozzy said:
Man what a nice hot day today. With it being so hot the stands are nearly empty.

No Timbo again today, but JT was back, and I'm sure wade Smith was hoping otherwise.

Anyway I'll get back to that part later.

Lets talk QB's:

Remember how I keep saying that Feeley throws such a nice catchable spiral, well there is one problem I've seen and today I noticed Trestman working with him on it. It's on the quick slants, or outs, and he most definitely does not do this everytime. But every once in a while he pushes the play, and throws the ball off his back foot, not with all his weight on it, but as the front foot moves forward. What I've seen is that the ball is coming in with the front tip of the ball almost straight up, while the motion of the ball is going down. It's a very hard ball to catch. Well, right after Trestman told him, Feeley throws a perfect, can't get any better, quick slant to Snoop Minnis, who split the defenders, and was off to the races. There was no having to reach back, slow up, or no having to cradle the ball with his body, it actually was out in front of him so he had to kick in the turbo to make sure he could get to it. The very next play, the exact same thing, only the Wr was Kendall Newsome. Yeremiah Bell read the play, and made the stop, but not until after a nice gain. Feeley also had a nice throw to Boston, who caught it right on the sideline about 30 yards downfield. He also missed on the same pass earlier, and he also had his fair share of bad throws. He also fumbled the very first snap, and Edward's scooped it up and would have scored. However, I do see improvements, except that he is still slower than molasses running the ball. In the two minute drill he looked much better, driving the field for a TD on one nice pass to Minnis, then a nice pass to Chambers, then a short TD pass to Minnis.

Fiedler was about the same, he has that edge in knowing the plays, knowing the Wr's, and is just much more comfortable at this time. He slightly overthrew one long ball to Chambers, who made one of them spectacular one handed circus type catches. But if that balls on the money, it's a 50 Td, instead of a 30-35 yard gain. He used Chambers, McMike, and Thompson pretty well today, but he was off the mark on a lot of throws, as many if not more than Feeley. But in the two minute drill he had a TD in two plays, not too shabby.

Sage looked very debonair once again, sporting a brand new Miami Dolphins Visor. No clipboard, but instead, holding his helmet at his side the whole time. Not one play for him during team drills......once again.

Neither QB has been all that impressive, but Feeley is improving, for sure. Usually Fiedler gets a few more reps with the first teamers, but today there was a good stretch that they let Feeley get some good work with them all. I think that Feeley might have actually took a couple more snaps today, than Fiedler.

They did not run the ball very much at all today.

So lets do some Wr's

Chambers had an excellent practice, he caught around six or seven passes, notables are the circus catch, and one other being a ball that Feeley threw in the two minute drill. The ball was placed just out of the reach of two defenders, one on each side of Chambers. Chambers had to slow up a tad, and at the same time, he had to cradle the ball in his body, while falling to the ground. And yes, Chambers is being used in the slot a few times, with him going in motion on most of them.

I like watching Boston come off the snaps, he is an excellent route runner, and very tough to jam at the line, but go figure with the size he is right? Both Qb's are looking for him. He had that nice long pass from Feeley, and also beat Madison, and Knight on another that Fiedler underthrew.

Minnis also had a real good practice today. I believe he had four catches, maybe it was five, but that slant pattern was an absolute thing of beauty.

Newsome also had a good practice, and had four receptions, with one being a nice 20 yard out from Fiedler, both a nice pass, and a nice route and catch. Newsome is one of the guys playing outside when Chambers goes into the slot.

I might have been able to say something nice about Simmons as well, because he was wide open twice on deeper outs, but both Fiedler and Feeley overthrew him. Nice route running though....

Thompson also was right in the mix today, catching a slightly high pass from Fiedler while crossing the middle, and used some elusive speed to make a real nice gain out of it. I believe he had three catches.

McMike made a nice catch out of an overthrown ball from Fiedler, and had three catches as well.

Donald Lee, was the one who got the TD in the two play drive with Fiedler running the two minute drill. He took a shorter out pattern, and got the corner on the defender, going about 20-25 yards for the score.

OK a real short take on two lineman.

Greg Jerman and St Clair combined to seal off a perfect screen to Minor, with St. Clair making a nice seal off block on Grigsby, and then Jerman hustled out as soon as the ball was caught, taking both Zach and Seau out of the play. The timing of the blocks were perfect, with Minor gaining around 20 yards.

Jerman got high five's all the way back to the huddle, but he headed right over to St. Clair and made sure he gave him his praise.

Jerman was getting lots of attention from Wise today, lots of pats on the back. And even though he is listed as one of the slowest lineman, he's using lots of hustle to make up for it. I only watched a couple of times, but I like the way he's getting his hands right up on the snaps.

OK on to the defense:

Jason Taylor once again made minced meat out of Wade Smith on one play, leaving Smith with stains on his keester. Yeah I know Smith has bulked up, and yeah I know it's JT he's going up against but man I sure hope this is all because of the no pads, no hitting rules.

Eddie Moore is moving around pretty good, but he better watch out for Jenkins, Pope, and Bua. All three of them are looking to be good candidates for special teams knockouts.

Also Morlon Greenwood gets a vote from me today for not having the best of days.

I'm not sure which one I like better, but both Antuan Edwards, and Yeremiah Bell are going to give Freeman a run for the money when the hitting starts. Both cover pretty well, and look comfortable at FS.

REMEMBER, NO PADS, NO HITTING, SO TAKES MY REPORTS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT. THINGS COULD EASILY CHANGE COME JULY, WHEN THE REAL STUFF BEGINS.

OK I'm done with this for the night, I got home really late today, having to help with an AC install at my job, then of course having to get my fishing fix this evening. I have not eaten dinner and I'm starved, but I knew if I had not written this up first I would not have posted it until 2 am so here you go. Hope you all enjoy....

All Hail Ozzy!

:hail:

Good report bro. :up:

Sounds like a lot of people had good days. And it sounds like Feeley is getting more and mroe comfortable. Baby steps.

Can you guys imagine a LB corps of Zach, Seau, and Greenwood.....followed by Moore, Jenkins, Pope, and Bua?? Potentially GREAT special teams players on the bench. Lots of speed. Perhaps even potential. But YOUUUUUNG!!

zonk39 said:
Thanks Bro, I wish I could be out there with you. Works Crazy right now. I will be out for the real training camp. Hope to see you there. Take care my brother.

I thought so, I met up with FFIB today from the DT board, we talked about you and your shirt. hahaha

As always I'll be there as much as possible when training camp starts, so I'm looking forward to seeing you there.

peace

ThunderCane said:
Thanks Ozzy, did you catch anything?

The full moon has the largemouth doing most of their feeding at night, but I managed to catch three, and a pea**** bass around six pounds.

But just you guys wait and see, I'm going to be breaking the State record for Pea**** Bass pretty soon. This is the fifth time I've seen this one pea**** and he is about 16-18 pounds. And the darn thing was hanging out with about a 10 largemouth. He almost got the hook today, but backed off at the last second.

Here is a little sample of my Keys night trip last Friday

http://www.uploadimages.net/images/630016A+Good+Day+Fishin.jpg

Muck said:
Good report bro. :up:

Sounds like a lot of people had good days. And it sounds like Feeley is getting more and mroe comfortable. Baby steps.

Can you guys imagine a LB corps of Zach, Seau, and Greenwood.....followed by Moore, Jenkins, Pope, and Bua?? Potentially GREAT special teams players on the bench. Lots of speed. Perhaps even potential. But YOUUUUUNG!!

Yeah man, everyone of the young bucks run a 4.6 or a little more, plus they're said to be big hitters.

Can't wait for some pads brutha!!!

Back
Top Bottom