Camp Updates 8/13 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Camp Updates 8/13

We are set at tackle for the future. Eric Smith was probably our best undrafted signing. I think he and Tunsil are the future bookends. James is gonna want too much
James has the reputation of being really high character, a team player and not a greedy guy. Miami's offer will be dependent on his performance but you may be surprised.

I would hope cutler would at least get a couple possessions in this upcoming game and a half worth in the philly game. No run in the 4th preseason game

I'd prefer a quarter in this coming game and a half vs philly.

Jay Cutler will start his first game in a Miami Dolphins uniform Thursday night at Hard Rock Stadium (unless something horrible happens in practice the next two days) and that will mark the next significant step in the transition away from Ryan Tannehill and to Cutler as the starting quarterback.

https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=Jay+cutler&src=typed_query

I could be wrong but I don't think you can pick up the 5th year option then change your mind.

You can't change your mind, but you can release the player and not owe anything dead on the cap . . . .however the release would need to happen prior to the league year starting or the salary becomes guaranteed.

Picking up the option is only guaranteed for injury currently.

Keep in mind if Miami did release James they would not be in line for using his departure in the compensatory formula . . . So there is some penalty if you factor that in.

Expect Miami to get an extension done unless James underwhelms this season. Either way I expect him back in 2018.

I would hope cutler would at least get a couple possessions in this upcoming game and a half worth in the philly game. No run in the 4th preseason game

I'd prefer a quarter in this coming game and a half vs philly.

Yep, wouldn't think he'd need any more reps than Tannehill would've got. Lucky we picked up a guy that already knows this offense, imo.

Last edited:
Have heard good reports on Smith from training camp practices and he followed that up with being the top rated o-lineman in the Falcons game. He will be on the 53 man roster if he keeps going like he is.

Have heard good reports on Smith from training camp practices and he followed that up with being the top rated o-lineman in the Falcons game. He will be on the 53 man roster if he keeps going like he is.

Perfect. we may have lucked out and managed to find some quality depth on the O-Line.

D-line looking top 5. Mostly because I saw Hayes and Godchaux for the first time. Even Fede looked beefier and improved. Wake is setting the edge well. Harris did well pressuring the QB.

I almost started a new post about our D-line last night. I want to extend Hayes immediately and whisper sweet conspiracies and mythos in his ear. He got me amped the same way Wake did the first time I saw him play.

I love seeing 56 and 57 on the D-line. Makes me think there are two Pouncey's rotating in and out.

I'm just hoping for consistency from our D-line and our whole defense. Plenty of money up front and they need to play like it. I know the LB's last year were not very good but our D-line didn't help much.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom