Camp Updates 8/13 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Camp Updates 8/13

Granted it was one preseason game, but all the receivers showed up against the Falcons. Nice catches by Grant, Carroo, Stringfellow and Owusu. Owusu made two nice catches actually. Lots of depth there, but will be hard to keep them all. I think the final spot may come down to Stringfellow and Owusu.

Well if that's the case then you better look for a bump in run this week. If they get all their run with future cuts it's gonna give you a pretty good idea what they are thinking. I'm expecting that the late run continues. Although I caroo hammy could bump one of them up somewhat I guess for the game

Carroo probably sits Thursday so that should give someone (s) more opportunity.

It really does appear that the DL has improved - even from what we saw Thursday- but its still early.

I'm scared to get excited. Last season our 1st team D just shut down everyone in preseason..... then disappeared week 1.

Our O would make anyone look good right now. I think that's bc they're still trying to find the identity with all the changes. OL tinkering is making that take longer. I'm good with it, just get it right.

I'm scared to get excited. Last season our 1st team D just shut down everyone in preseason..... then disappeared week 1.

Our O would make anyone look good right now. I think that's bc they're still trying to find the identity with all the changes. OL tinkering is making that take longer. I'm good with it, just get it right.

Fair point althought they did makes plays against Atlanta as well but again too soon to say.

I think Hayes helps and the young new guys might be an upgrade to what we had last year. Time will tell.

I have to say, this is the 1st time in a long time, that I've come into a Finheaven, "Pre Season Game Thoughts" Thread and have seen so much positive discussion about the overall depth issues of the Dolphins. While I realize, after the 2nd pre season game it could be the act opposite, but for now it's refreshing seeing other Miami fans filled with positive outlooks on players like, Asiata, Godchaux, Brendel, Stringfellow aka "Airwolf", Owusu, Young, Allen, Reilly and Smith. To me it's a true sign that in the 2 short seasons under the current F/O structure and Coaching Staff, the team and organization seem truly headed in the right direction, in spite of the devastating injuries to Tannehill and McMillan. Players like William Hayes coming out and making positive comments about playing in Miami, former players, like Calvin Johnson coming down and staying with the team for days, just to teach the young guys. I know it happens a lot, but, it has a different feel this year. And let's not forget, Jason Taylor getting together with Charles Harris, just to mentor him and teach him about the NFL. It's contagious. Everyone seems like a true Dolphins family, supported by us, wonderful fans.

We are set at tackle for the future. Eric Smith was probably our best undrafted signing. I think he and Tunsil are the future bookends. James is gonna want too much

Our 2018 right tackle
Saving Ja’Wuan James $9,341,000 cap hit with zero dead money
or a huge restructure for James at much less

I could be wrong but I don't think you can pick up the 5th year option then change your mind.

I wonder if Allen has any chance to beat out hull or if they will just feel more comfortable with his experience out there

They are giving Maurice smith a long hard look at safety too. He's in a better position than aj hendy right now standing wise but I'd lean smith is gonna be cut also right now. Some inconsistent angles to the football and not a lot of upside. He's a bubble guy it looks though

McCain and verner over Pitts right now. If Pitts makes it it will be specials.
I agree with the lower ceiling, but I believe he has a high floor too. Good player and can play special teams well

Back
Top Bottom