"Can David Garrard recreate Chad Pennington's magical Dolphins season?" | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Can David Garrard recreate Chad Pennington's magical Dolphins season?"

You're going with THAT being his best year, and not the year he went to the Pro Bowl and threw for 18 touchdowns, 3 INTs, 63% completion and only 2 fumbles lost. That's an interesting way to go about things. Just saying....

The year Garrard went to the Pro Bowl he only threw 15 tds with 10 ints. He also threw for 3597 yards and rushed for another 323 yards.

I brought up the stats and since you always give me **** for doing so, that should explain my comment. I already said he had a good year in 2002. That doesn't make him a top QB in the league (injuries not withstanding).

Jax had a decent team in 2004, a good year in 2005 and 2007, but not much else. Their WR core has been **** since Jimmy Smith and Keenan McCardell.

Only Rich gannon was better in 2002. Chad started his first game w/ the Jets at 1-3, the record would fall to 2-5 but he was outstanding in leaing us back to win the division title- the ONLY non pats div title in the Brady era when Brady has been the primary starter for NE and this included whipping NE at NE in week 16(NE wouldn't lose another home game until 2005), humiliating GB in week 17 who was 12-3 and needed 1 win to earn homefield throughout in the NFC then humiliating Peyton & the Colts. Name me a better QB that season other than gannon?

Jax went 12-4 w/ Byron leftwich

Only Rich gannon was better in 2002. Chad started his first game w/ the Jets at 1-3, the record would fall to 2-5 but he was outstanding in leaing us back to win the division title- the ONLY non pats div title in the Brady era when Brady has been the primary starter for NE and this included whipping NE at NE in week 16(NE wouldn't lose another home game until 2005), humiliating GB in week 17 who was 12-3 and needed 1 win to earn homefield throughout in the NFC then humiliating Peyton & the Colts. Name me a better QB that season other than gannon?

It's now clear you don't pay attention. How many god damn times do I have to say Penny had a good 2002 year? I agree with you. That doesn't make him a top QB in his career. Injuries ****ed him without a doubt but that's what happens sometimes. We can play the what-if game for eternity.

Again I acknowledged Jacksonville's good seasons since 2000, them going 12-4 with Leftwich as you indicated. I don't see the disconnect.

His Pro Bowl was a gift as well. Manning couldn't play because he was playing in the Super Bowl so Garrard got the nod. The AFC pro bowl quarterbacks were a complete joke. Garrard, Vince Young and Matt Schaub.

funny how you emphasize that point to downplay the Dolphins 2008 AFC title when Brady was out, but when people on this board downplay your 09 season in which the jets were 7-7 and the Colts conceded the game that launched them to a playoff spot, its blasphemy

It's now clear you don't pay attention. How many god damn times do I have to say Penny had a good 2002 year? I agree with you. That doesn't make him a top QB in his career. Injuries ****ed him without a doubt but that's what happens sometimes. We can play the what-if game for eternity.

Again I acknowledged Jacksonville's good seasons since 2000, them going 12-4 with Leftwich as you indicated. I don't see the disconnect.

Who said he was a top QB for his career?

after I wrote he was a top QB BEFORE the shoulder injuries you came along and wrote this:

Here comes Stat Boy!

Pennington had a decent career but was never a top QB

If there is someone for you to get upset w/ in this thread it is yourself.

funny how you emphasize that point to downplay the Dolphins 2008 AFC title when Brady was out, but when people on this board downplay your 09 season in which the jets were 7-7 and the Colts conceded the game that launched them to a playoff spot, its blasphemy

It's not meant to downplay your '08 season it is stating a fact. we all know if Brady is healthy they win that div in 2008. Miami did a great job taking advantage of it- us and Buf had the same opportunity and failed but only one team has won an AFC East title besides the pats when Brady has been the primary starter for NE.

I credit that '08 team for taking avantage of an easier run than we had in 2009 to get to the playoffs ulike you guys who make fun of the Jets for a qtr and a half of Indy backups and ignore 5-6 dead teams you faced to end '08 and no Brady. Both teams took advantage of big breaks, that's what good teams do.

Who said he was a top QB for his career?

after I wrote he was a top QB BEFORE the shoulder injuries you came along and wrote this:

If there is someone for you to get upset w/ in this thread it is yourself.

He's never been a top QB.

You would be incorrect again.

no he wouldn't...if gannon was the best qb in the league that year than the league had some pretty damn bad qbs in it...doesn't add up for me...gannon was pretty good for a little while there but hardly jaw dropping

no he wouldn't...if gannon was the best qb in the league that year than the league had some pretty damn bad qbs in it...doesn't add up for me...gannon was pretty good for a little while there but hardly jaw dropping

Gannon did win league MVP so he as pretty good and no QB was better than Chad that year besides Gannon.

Gannon did win league MVP so he as pretty good and no QB was better than Chad that year besides Gannon.

i'm not buying the penny stuff no matter what but is 02 the year that the raiders were pretty much the afc front runners for the super bowl the entire year and the year that charlie garner tim brown and jerry rice all went off??? if so...yeah i guess gannon was the man that year...

i also seem to recall trent green being relevant in kc then...putting up some good years in that same window... not that i ever thought he was special...

i'm not buying the penny stuff no matter what but is 02 the year that the raiders were pretty much the afc front runners for the super bowl the entire year and the year that charlie garner tim brown and jerry rice all went off??? if so...yeah i guess gannon was the man that year...

Gannon had a stretch of a few years(about '99 through '02) where he was a big time QB. That Oak O was very difficult to stop. Gannon was a TWO time 1st team all pro and he was great in 2002 when he won league MVP- the only QB better than season than Chad was.

i also seem to recall trent green being relevant in kc then...putting up some good years in that same window... not that i ever thought he was special...

Green had some good years but never won a playoff game

ok...i'll go along with the gannon thing...although i'm trying to figure out what qbs were in the league then...i know gannon had some very good years there

Back
Top Bottom