"Can David Garrard recreate Chad Pennington's magical Dolphins season?" | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Can David Garrard recreate Chad Pennington's magical Dolphins season?"

ok...i'll go along with the gannon thing...although i'm trying to figure out what qbs were in the league then...i know gannon had some very good years there

Brady was in his first full season
Manning was in year his 5th season
Favre
Mcnabb
McNair
Garcia

Can you at least make a case for another QB? That's generally how these discussions work.

I think Pennington could be considered a top 10 QB in 2002. That was his best year as a pro. He was in the top 10 in passing TDs, had the highest passer rating and completion percentage, and the second lowest interception percentage in the league.

When healthy, Pennington has been a solid QB. To me, health is a part of being considered a top QB. He has only started all 16 games twice in his career. He's never thrown more than 22 TDs in a season and has never been a big yardage guy, so he is not exactly what I think of when I think of a top QB. I agree with you that he could be considered a top QB in 2002, but I also think it takes more than 1 season of being ranked in the top 10 to be considered a top QB.

Can you at least make a case for another QB? That's generally how these discussions work.

You really do enjoy attempting to belittle any and all that don't agree with you. Penny had the top QBR in 2002, that is a fact. Since then, the only other time he cracked the Top 10 was in 2008 with the Dolphins.

He was a good QB, I liked him a lot when he was on my team. I just don't agree he was a top QB when healthy. He might have been had his shoulder held up.

I think Pennington could be considered a top 10 QB in 2002. That was his best year as a pro. He was in the top 10 in passing TDs, had the highest passer rating and completion percentage, and the second lowest interception percentage in the league.

When healthy, Pennington has been a solid QB. To me, health is a part of being considered a top QB. He has only started all 16 games twice in his career. He's never thrown more than 22 TDs in a season and has never been a big yardage guy, so he is not exactly what I think of when I think of a top QB. I agree with you that he could be considered a top QB in 2002, but I also think it takes more than 1 season of being ranked in the top 10 to be considered a top QB.

so you think the 2nd best QB in 2002 COULD be considered top 10?:lol:

Health is part of it which is why he wasn't a top 10 QB in his era for his career, if healthy he would have been.

He was a top 10 QB in '02, 04, '08- possibly '06

he was top 5 in '02, he was on his way to a top 5 season in '04
he was 2nd in MVP voting in '08 so I guess we'd have to say he was top 5 that year too?

You really do enjoy attempting to belittle any and all that don't agree with you. Penny had the top QBR in 2002, that is a fact. Since then, the only other time he cracked the Top 10 was in 2008 with the Dolphins.

He was a good QB, I liked him a lot when he was on my team. I just don't agree he was a top QB when healthy. He might have been had his shoulder held up.

Please don't talk about belitling w/ what you did this morning.

so you think the 2nd best QB in 2002 COULD be considered top 10?:lol:

Health is part of it which is why he wasn't a top 10 QB in his era for his career, if healthy he would have been.

He was a top 10 QB in '02, 04, '08- possibly '06

he was top 5 in '02, he was on his way to a top 5 season in '04
he was 2nd in MVP voting in '08 so I guess we'd have to say he was top 5 that year too?

How did you come to the conclusion that he was the second best QB in 2002? How was he even a top 10 QB in 2004? He didn't rank in the top 10 in any category except completion percentage. His numbers were nearly identical to Matt Moore's. 06? Really? He had 17 TDs and 16 Ints that year. Top 5 QB in 08? :confused: Just because he was 2nd in MVP voting doesn't mean he was a top 5 QB. He was very valuable to the Dolphins in 08, but Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Warner, Rivers, Manning and even Romo had better seasons. I could argue top 10 in 2002, but that's it.

What does this even mean?

Your little rant:

It's now clear you don't pay attention. How many god damn times do I have to say Penny had a good 2002 year? I agree with you. That doesn't make him a top QB in his career. Injuries ****ed him without a doubt but that's what happens sometimes. We can play the what-if game for eternity.

Again I acknowledged Jacksonville's good seasons since 2000, them going 12-4 with Leftwich as you indicated. I don't see the disconnect.

Yeah and how is that belittling you? You don't pay attention. That isn't belittling, that is my opinion of you on this board. I also then agreed with you in my 'rant'.

If you think that is belittling than we have problems.

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

I mean how else do you explain the many times you claim I think the 2007 Giants are elite when I've said countless times they aren't? You either don't pay attention or there's something else going on.

Yeah and how is that belittling you? You don't pay attention. That isn't belittling, that is my opinion of you on this board. I also then agreed with you in my 'rant'.

If you think that is belittling than we have problems.

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

I mean how else do you explain the many times you claim I think the 2007 Giants are elite when I've said countless times they aren't? You either don't pay attention or there's something else going on.

You may want to go back and re-read the posts on the thread. You were 100% dead wrong and you attacked me.

do you have 2 people posting under uour username? You have stated numerous times that now that the '11 Giants won that the 2007 team is elite.

You may want to go back and re-read the posts on the thread. You were 100% dead wrong and you attacked me.

That isn't attacking you. Calling you names is attacking you.

do you have 2 people posting under uour username? You have stated numerous times that now that the '11 Giants won that the 2007 team is elite.

This is what I mean. I have always said that the Giants are now an elite team b/c of their '11 SB win. I dare you to prove me otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom