Can Jakeem Grant be effective catching out of backfield? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Jakeem Grant be effective catching out of backfield?

I know he's not doing anything rushing and I don't care if defenses know that. You'd have to account for him defensively even if a decoy running out. Is this a way to use him?

RB? I doubt it. And for all the ragging on his catching skills, there's obviously little evidence. If he catches just one of three, he'll have to draw attention. In any case, he seems to be a place holder for Gase.

I think we all want tyreek hill...unfortunately I don't see it

hill is much more equipped physically for hard contact

Grant offers nothing offensively, IMO. With the opportunities he's had with Parker out all he's proven is that he cannot get open regardless of what quality DB is covering him. If he can't break the big return then he truly has no purpose in the NFL.

Looking for Carroo to step it up. He showed a little something against Baltimore. I'd like to see more 4 WR sets and less TE on the field in passing situations.

Like I said in the offseason, if the corners are being allowed to be handsy and cut off routes like at Baltimore, go with Caroo. If the refs are calling it tight, Grant should have a field day.

Like I said in the offseason, if the corners are being allowed to be handsy and cut off routes like at Baltimore, go with Caroo. If the refs are calling it tight, Grant should have a field day.

Putting him in motion would help. Gase seems to see no value in him.

Putting him in motion would help. Gase seems to see no value in him.

I can never tell how pokerface Gase truly feels about players. Seems as though he uses his negative stances against players as motivation.

I mean, we don't win against Atlanta without that huge holding call that Grant caused. I think he values him, but yeah, who knows.

they need to figure out a way to get the kid in space. they aren't using him correctly imo. but hell they aren't using juice or half the other guys right either

btw, other than Stills, when was the last time we had a guy with high speed that actually made plays?
Guinn never did anything
Avery never did either
Wallace sucked too
Last one I remember that actually made plays was Duper. For some reason we never use speed the proper way

Ozzy rules!!
Ginn has gotten much better as he has grown older. Draft status 1st round pick was the issue here.

they need to figure out a way to get the kid in space. they aren't using him correctly imo. but hell they aren't using juice or half the other guys right either
Well they had him playing in the slot last year and he was ineffective. They moved him outside this year and he had a very good preseason but that hasn't shown up in the regular season. The reason they moved him from the slot is because he didn't run good routes, couldn't read defenses very well and had issues getting separation. To date he has 3 receptions for 15 yards in 23 games over his 1 and half seasons.

So, lets start another thread about a guy who's sitting on the bench that people think would be a star if only the coaches played him.

As for Grant over the top long Bomb or quick very low side bound pass.

Ginn has gotten much better as he has grown older. Draft status 1st round pick was the issue here.
Thank you. Ginn has turned into a solid vet receiver that has been loved and valued everywhere he's been since of course.......here. He wasn't bad here in the first place. The stupid ass coaching staff we had tried to force him into being a #1 receiver instead of cutting him loose like the big play threat he is.

Obviously wasn't worthy of where he was drafted, but that wasn't his fault. He didn't draft himself. He turned into a solid vet and a huge playmaker and that's all that matters once his NFL story is all said and done.

He had more catches, yards, and touchdowns than Kenny Stills did last year, and Dolphins fans valued Kenny Stills enough to praise his re-signing at his price tag.

You go Teddy Ginn.... I've rooted for him since day one.

Well they had him playing in the slot last year and he was ineffective. They moved him outside this year and he had a very good preseason but that hasn't shown up in the regular season. The reason they moved him from the slot is because he didn't run good routes, couldn't read defenses very well and had issues getting separation. To date he has 3 receptions for 15 yards in 23 games over his 1 and half seasons.

So, lets start another thread about a guy who's sitting on the bench that people think would be a star if only the coaches played him.
never said he would be a star, but with speed like that we have to figure something out, or forget about him. that's it

Back
Top Bottom