Can someone please explain Cutlers contract? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can someone please explain Cutlers contract?

Yeah. Hindsight? We should have rolled with Moore and Fales. Absolutely.

At the time? It was a move that made sense. If Cutler still had the ability to throw a fastball off of his back foot, I think this season would have gone very differently. It's true that Cutler had a few brain farts, but most of the missed plays and turnovers that I saw from Cutler were of the "right decision, no ability to deliver the football" variety.

It was very unfortunate.
How could they not have this foresight. Me, an average NFL fan, could see this team would be just as successful with Moore as with Cutler, as did others on this forum. How could the paid professionals not see this? Save 10 Million.

How could they not have this foresight. Me, an average NFL fan, could see this team would be just as successful with Moore as with Cutler, as did others on this forum. How could the paid professionals not see this? Save 10 Million.

Like I said in other threads, if you watched Jay behind center this year he clearly was the best option. Pocket presence and ability to read defenses and make the right read were there. Several levels above Moore and Fales . . . Hell comparable to 17 in some areas and above him in maneuvering the pocket.

Miami thought Decent QB play would save their season and they got the best available option.

He just was a complete letdown from a physical standpoint and Gase did not get the 2015 version he hoped for.

All in all, I understand why they did it, but like most In hindsight I wish they passed.

Exactly why we have been basement dwellers for a decade plus. Eagles have foles and will fight hard. Vikings have a great situation as well. We had a retired on duty team killer that cost us 10 mil and Moore who apparently nobody had faith in to start.

Exactly why we have been basement dwellers for a decade plus. Eagles have foles and will fight hard. Vikings have a great situation as well. We had a retired on duty team killer that cost us 10 mil and Moore who apparently nobody had faith in to start.

The team to watch is down in New Orleans . . . The one with the best QB in the NFC playoffs and a two headed monster at RB. Saints are salivating for that Eagles matchup.

Foles will have to prove me wrong . . . Because the downgrade from Wentz to Foles s probably greater than Tannehill to Moore. Shows you how much I like Wentz and how much I do not like Foles.

I thought Foles would have come in and play lights out.........he looks uncomfortable.

The team to watch is down in New Orleans . . . The one with the best QB in the NFC playoffs and a two headed monster at RB. Saints are salivating for that Eagles matchup.

Foles will have to prove me wrong . . . Because the downgrade from Wentz to Foles s probably greater than Tannehill to Moore. Shows you how much I like Wentz and how much I do not like Foles.

Thats honestly not even close. Wentz was on track to be the MVP. I like Tanny, but he's never even sniffed the level of play Wentz showed this year.

Just because Cutler was the best option we had in August doesn't mean he was the right option. That was obvious to many IN August. Does not require hindsight. There aren't guys out on the street that are gonna get you deep in the playoffs. We should have written the season off in August. I mean you don't say that, but the smart move is conserving your resources at the point your starting QB goes down. Take you chances on a cheap vet and in all likelihood lose. Sure would be nice to have that $10 million towards, and have a top five pick in every round including the one we gave to NO for the LB.

Because what is being said on this thread is nonsense. Cutler's contract is up in a few days and he, and his salary are history. There is no ethereal rollover that produces cap increases to teams who don't use all their cap.

The rollover simply means that if you don't use all your cap room you don't then loose the money; however, their is 0 difference between not spending cap room and signing a guy to a simple 1 year deal. 10 mil is 10 mil.

Pay no attention to this nonsense being said. It all started with some rookie sports writer publishing an article saying the Dolphins lost 10 mil in cap space for 2018 because they signed Cutler to a deal for 2017. That is nonsense. The cap room will show up as soon as Cutlers deal terminates in a few days.

It is having absolutely no effect whatsoever on the Landry negotiations.

Because what is being said on this thread is nonsense. Cutler's contract is up in a few days and he, and his salary are history. There is no ethereal rollover that produces cap increases to teams who don't use all their cap.

The rollover simply means that if you don't use all your cap room you don't then loose the money; however, their is 0 difference between not spending cap room and signing a guy to a simple 1 year deal. 10 mil is 10 mil.

Pay no attention to this nonsense being said. It all started with some rookie sports writer publishing an article saying the Dolphins lost 10 mil in cap space for 2018 because they signed Cutler to a deal for 2017. That is nonsense. The cap room will show up as soon as Cutlers deal terminates in a few days.

The bolded part is simply untrue. We rolled over $8,363,708 in cap room from 2016 to 2017. See the 2017 Cap Totals table at the bottom of the page on Spotrac: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/cap/

You absolutely can rollover cap space from one year to the next. The NFL salary cap for 2017 was $167 million, but the Fins spent $172 million in 2017 thanks to the rollover from 2016. Had we not spent all of our 2017 cap room, we would have been able to roll any remaining space into 2018. And the cap room won't show up when Cutlers contract terminates. It doesn't work like that. Whatever we are showing for cap space for 2018 right now is and always has been based only on the players who are under contract for 2018. Cutlers never was, so his contract terminating won't affect the 2018 cap a bit. Each years cap is it's own entity. Had we never signed Cutler though, and not used the $10 million in 2017 cap space, we could have rolled it over to 2018's cap. Here is an article on NFL.com about cap rollover: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...alarycap-carryover-figures-announced-by-nflpa

You're wrong...

Back
Top Bottom