Cannot name one positive thing Gase has done since last season | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cannot name one positive thing Gase has done since last season

Agree he needs to get another year but you're kidding yourself if you think his stock hasn't dropped based on her performance this year.

and you are kidding yourself if you think he doesnt get a job as a head coach right away somewhere else. He brought a fins team that no one even gave a shot to the playoffs and had Tannehill playing the best he has in his entire career last season.

I think he would find a job but I don't think he would cause GMs to salivate like you seem to think. He's done some good things but also not some good things. How about Bowles, some good with that crap roster yet some bad. Gase's stock hasn't went up imo, you can feel how you want.

I am not calling for his head at this point. My point is Gase has been a complete disaster since the payoff last season. Yet some people still giving him a bye or came up with excuses.
My main gripe with him is his inability to prepare and motivate the team. But he placed the blame squarely on players repeatedly. It has nothing to do with talent. I can accept lesser talented players get beat in a play, but coming on to the first drive of the game and got confused and unprepared, that is on HC. Period.

I remember at least on one occasion, the team got a delay of game after a time-out. And the time-out call was a result of the clock almost running down to zero.

Last edited:
Kept the team hovering at .500 the whole season despite losing our starting qb for the entire season.
And that in a bag of chips will get you a bag of chips. JK. That's certainly a big hit for any head coach it's just the other things that I see that make me queasy. Being last or near to last in almost every statistical category on both sides of the ball is very concerning to me. I blame Tannenbaum, Greer, gase, and certain players lack of effort which I think is directly attributed to being unprepared, or undisciplined. This, in my opinion is on the head coach.

The fire Gase talk is silly. Give him a couple years to iron things out and get a better QB in here who can play his system.

Because our QB play has been very bad now, people are having some aqua colored glasses on when it comes to Tannehill and what he did in the past. I remember the Tannehill that made bone headed plays, has no fire, hasn't won a playoff game, hasn't won a meaningful game (remember the two years in a row we just needed one victory to get in against bad teams?). Jay has been so bad it's elevating the Tannehill status to unbelievable levels. Pretty soon we'll be hearing how he threw for 500 yards and ran for 500 in the same game. Tannehill is the definition of 'wait till next year'...some of it his fault, and some not.

Let's stop all the 'we would be great if RT hadn't been injured ' and the 'fire Gase now' talk.

I am having a hard time coming up with any positive thing Gase has done since the Steelers blow out last season. The only thing may be a decent defensive draft, but from the performance last few games, the jury still out.
But the negatives...
Failed to make RT to have surgery
Rely on Pouncey
Failed to address the OL
Failed to handle Ajayi, which led to only getting a 4th
Play McMillan on special team
Started to lose the team when not starting Moore and signing Culter ( speculation, but there are some whispers on local talk shows )
Only sign players he familiar with
Wasting 10 mil on Culter
J Thomas
Manualuga
FAIL TO PREPARE THE TEAM IN EVERY GAME
refuse to be creative ( at least Sparano tried wild cat )
bad play calling
bad use of time out ( late in Chargers game )
Failed to motivate the team even on national TV

Last but not least, now I am not too sure he is offensive genius as he claims to be. Shula changed his whole offensive philosophy from power running to pure passing when he got Marino and Marks brothers. That is using players to their potential. Gase tried to make players to fit his system, like forcing a square peg to a round hole.

Some of you still giving him a bye because of RT, but back to my point again, Gase let RT to have the voodoo healing. And I am not sure even what a healthy RT can do behind this line.

Yes, he took the team to playoff in his first season. So did Sparano.

I have heard the O Line is better, of course that was compared to the first part of '16. So there is that.

The Ever Gazing With Wonderment VIPER

The fire Gase talk is silly. Give him a couple years to iron things out and get a better QB in here who can play his system.

Because our QB play has been very bad now, people are having some aqua colored glasses on when it comes to Tannehill and what he did in the past. I remember the Tannehill that made bone headed plays, has no fire, hasn't won a playoff game, hasn't won a meaningful game (remember the two years in a row we just needed one victory to get in against bad teams?). Jay has been so bad it's elevating the Tannehill status to unbelievable levels. Pretty soon we'll be hearing how he threw for 500 yards and ran for 500 in the same game. Tannehill is the definition of 'wait till next year'...some of it his fault, and some not.

Let's stop all the 'we would be great if RT hadn't been injured ' and the 'fire Gase now' talk.

Tannehill finished last season strong and was looking great, had another offseason with Gase and was working his ass off. and this offense, who many "experts" said would be the same with Cutler as it is with Tannehill has been absolutely awful. Nobody realized what losing Tannehill meant to the team. Are we expecting Tannehill to come back and be Aaron Rodgers? no. Are we expecting this offense to be a hell of a lot better, yes.

Tannehill basically lead this team to the playoffs with a franchise historically bad defense last year, in his first year in a new system. He struggled at first, but was playing at a borderline elite level after the 1-4 start. It's not just about Cutler being bad, Tannehill could have had a huge season this year, simply based on his success from the year prior and surrounding talent. Sure Tannehill has choked a lot, but I remember a head coach who got Queasy often and called timeouts on 4th and long to give A-Rod a chance to win. Hard to win in the NFL with a head coach like that, and I found it to be no coincidence at all that Tannehill was finally starting top blossom without that idiot around. But he got injured, and this franchise has gone downhill ever since that. Moore getting lucky against some bad teams did nothing to help us in the long run but fill us with false hope, this team without Tannehill is bad.

There is talent on this team. It is also up to the coach to get the most out of his roster. Too many stars who are going through the motions. It is on Gase. If we had a good coach the Baltimore London and Carolina games would not have been as embarrassing.

name one positive thing Gase has done since last season

c_Bg_Xecf.gif

Gase currently has a winning record as coach of the Dolphins...I've seen signs of a man with attributes to be a head coach in the NFL.

I would need to see more before I would pass snap judgement on him...for example...the rest of the season at least.

I believe in making assessments in the off-season and adjusting accordingly...not passing judgement on a coach with a winning career Dolphin record...who turned the team around last year...who has had to deal with extraordinary circumstances(losing your starting QB for example)...so chill out...enjoy the ride...life is short.

The Culter decesion is a beating a dead horse topic here. But to answer you, Gase under estimated the dynamic between Moore and the rest of the team. Moore is well like. Players trust him. Don't believe for one second that players were all on board with Culter instead of Moore. Your only point of 'familiar with the system' is not worth the 10 mil as I am sure Moore knows the system even better. Culter was retired. His poor machanic and uninspired demeanor was well documented. It was an unnecessary big gamble, and Gase lost big.

Your comment is very speculative. I cannot disprove opinion, so all I can say is my opinion is that there is little to no impact to the team.

Back
Top Bottom