Carpenter could be gone.. Do we care? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Carpenter could be gone.. Do we care?

He definitely needs competition this upcoming camp. I started to sour on Carpenter after he missed four field goals against the Bills in 2010. He really angers me at times and it is definitely time to start looking for options to compete with him.
He doesn't need competition, he needs to be replaced. He sucked last year. If we had a good kicker, like the one we thought we got when we made him one of the highest paid kickers in the league, we beat Arizona and sweep the jets. $2 mil for what we got out of him last year is outrageous.

Both kickers need to be cut. Bring in a hungry undrafted FA kicker. Or they can sign Mike Nugent for the vet's minimum or draft Florida St's Dustin Hopkins on the last day of the draft. Just as long as Carpenter and Kaeding are both gone come opening day.

Amazing how a few kicks can be the difference between a good and a bad kicker, such a polarising position. Think it is also a position where your past doesn't define your future, look at Mason Crosby, it is a position where you can be good one year and crap the next. As a result hard to know what is the best thing to do at the kicker position.

I want to draft Dustin Hopkins in the 7th round if he is still on the board. I think we have two 7th round picks. If not him, I like a kicker for the Ragin Cajuns of UL-Lafayette named Brett Baer. He's clutch.

[SIZE=-2]12/14/12 - 2012 ALL-SUN BELT CONFERENCE FIRST TEAM (COACHES & MEDIA): Brett Baer Louisiana-Lafayette, Sr., K), has been selected First Team All-Sun Belt Conference (Coaches & Media selection) for the 2012 college football season. Baer, a senior from Brandon, Miss., led the Sun Belt with 100 points this year. He was 17-for-20 in field goal attempts and 49-for-51 on extra points to post only the fourth 100-point season in school history. Baer is one of the most accurate field goal kickers in NCAA history, converting 42 of his 47 career attempts (.894) to rank third in UL history with 243 career points. - ULL football[/SIZE]

Back
Top Bottom