Casserly talks about Cleveland and #4 pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Casserly talks about Cleveland and #4 pick

dolfan91

Class Clown
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Charlie Casserly from NFLN, talked about the #4 pick tonight. He said that it depends on Cleveland wanting to run or pass that will decide the pick. If they choose RUN: the pick will be RB-Richardson and if they choose PASS: the pick will be WR-Blackmon. He was emphatic about Cleveland NOT selecting Tannehill at #4!!! He sounded very convincing in his assessment, almost as if he knew something. I like Casserly and think he is very astute in his draft evaluations, team needs and potential selections from teams. For Miami's sake I hope he is right, that would pretty much leave Tannehill available for Miami at #8; unless of course someone trades up to #7 to take him.

As it should be a Second Round Prospect shout NOT go in the top 10, just because of Hype.

Tannehill was a second round prospect at the start of the process.

He Must have excelled in his workouts and combine. Wait he has been hurt. What is driving the HYPE.

As it should be a Second Round Prospect shout NOT go in the top 10, just because of Hype.

He Must have excelled in his workouts and combine. Wait he has been hurt. What is driving the HYPE.
I agree with you, but having Gabbert, Ponder and Locker all go in the top 12 picks in 2011 changed the scoop of drafting a potential franchise QB moving forward. I think Tannehill is better than all 3 of them and a perfect fit for the WCO offense. I'd understand Miami selecting him at #8. My personal preference is DeCastro, but I'm just a fan hoping for the best player.

I agree with you, but having Gabbert, Ponder and Locker all go in the top 12 picks in 2011 changed the scoop of drafting a potential franchise QB moving forward. I think Tannehill is better than all 3 of them and a perfect fit for the WCO offense. I'd understand Miami selecting him at #8. My personal preference is DeCastro, but I'm just a fan hoping for the best player.

Ok lets run that out.

8th - Decastro
2nd - Cousins

is going to be MUCH better in the long run for your team than it would be reaching by a round for a QB, just because of Media Hype.

Jeff Ireland isn't reaching for Tannehill. Ireland sticks
to his draft board no matter what. If he passed on Mallet
In the 3rd round, he ain't drafting Tannenhill with pick no.8..

Tannehill is a waste at 8. I hope we draft either Floyd, Blackmon, or trade down and take that TE from Stanford. I like Cousins in the second round. I really feel he's going to be a really good QB.

Tannehill is not a 2nd round value and hasn't been. At the lowest he was a late 1.

When the Process Started, before Declarations, he was a late 2nd to mid 2nd.

Landry Jones, Matt Barkley do not declare and the MEDIA is left scrambling for a 3rd QB.

It happened last year, it is happening this year.

Gabbert had no business going in the 1st based on tape.
Ponder had not business going in the 1st based on tape.

So my question remains, what has he done this draft season at workouts or combine to warrent moving up in the draft other than the Media Needing a third QB to have the draft Drama.

There are 2 1st round QBs in thid draft and they are going 1 and 2

I have a gut feeling that they will wait till round 2 or 3 to get the QB. But, I dont want Cousins before the 3rd round.

Look at Cleveland's RB situation right now -- they don't have one.

Strong indication they might take Richardson?

Charlie Casserly one of the worst drafters in NFL history for the Houston Texans? Don't listen to a word he says

we have two qbs now, do we really think anyone after rg3 is worth a pick before 3rd round , draft qb next year and get floyd 1st, fleener 2nd, rest of the picks on defense,,,,just my thoughts

Supply and demand is what dictates the draft slots

Back
Top Bottom