Casserly talks about Cleveland and #4 pick | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Casserly talks about Cleveland and #4 pick

Tannehill is not going TOP 10! If we want Tannehill its a better route to use our 2nd round pick for him. Even if it means moving up. The hype is there and I understand the potential but his history and experience puts him late 1st early 2nd.

Most teams reached for their QBs last year. I believe QBs will be quiet early besides the top 2.

I also believe Cleveland is after WR or RB. I prefer they go RB so more WR's drop.

Tanneyhill will not be there in second round. There is no other qb that will be as ready for this offense as him. I do like Osweiler, not sure about this offense and Foles
Every qb drafted early last year seems to be a solid pick so far. Our strategy of ignoring qb really wasnt that successful last year

Weeden in the second is a much better option then Tannehill at 8. Kuechly at 8 then Weeden in the second would be the best 1-2 pick we have seen in years.

Most QBs get drafted higher then they should. there is not enough good ones to go around. you cant compare QB value in this draft with a WR. There are lots of starting WRs in this draft.

Last year Cinci took Dalton at pick 35. Before the draft last year he was a big reach at 35. He was like a cousins worth a 3rd round pick. Did Cinci reach at the time? Yes. Was it worth it? Yes.

Weeden in the second is a much better option then Tannehill at 8. Kuechly at 8 then Weeden in the second would be the best 1-2 pick we have seen in years.

Just dont get your fascination with drafting a qb in the second round that will be 29 by week 5 and played in a supersimplified read offense and think he can come in day one and be a good WCO qb. Tanneyhill has ran the offense so not as much learning curve. Weeden in second is a bigger risk and reach than Tanneyhill in first. weeden will not start next year so at min will be 30 if he earns job. Most qb's start declining around 34 or so and at best if he is good you get six years out of him. How many 37 year old starters last year were top qb's yea not one.

Tanneyhill will not be there in second round. There is no other qb that will be as ready for this offense as him. I do like Osweiler, not sure about this offense and Foles
Every qb drafted early last year seems to be a solid pick so far. Our strategy of ignoring qb really wasnt that successful last year

Who could we have taken that would have given us hope? Matt Moore saved us from complete embarrassment.

Ok lets run that out.

8th - Decastro
2nd - Cousins

is going to be MUCH better in the long run for your team than it would be reaching by a round for a QB, just because of Media Hype.

It's not media hype in this case, though normally I would agree with you. It's the shortage of good QBs that's pushing these players up the draft board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who could we have taken that would have given us hope? Matt Moore saved us from complete embarrassment.

I guess fin fans have got used to losing so much that they dont think 6-10 is complete embarrassment. They could have drafted a damn qb, they could have had a long term plan. They were basically lucky that Moore played well. Hopefully this changes this year and we draft Tanneyhill

Most QBs get drafted higher then they should. there is not enough good ones to go around. you cant compare QB value in this draft with a WR. There are lots of starting WRs in this draft.

Last year Cinci took Dalton at pick 35. Before the draft last year he was a big reach at 35. He was like a cousins worth a 3rd round pick. Did Cinci reach at the time? Yes. Was it worth it? Yes.

Cinci also got hella value in WR AJ Green! Top 10 pick. Dalton statistically isnt much different then Moore.

Cinci also got hella value in WR AJ Green! Top 10 pick. Dalton statistically isnt much different then Moore.

Yea but difference is he was a rookie and Moore after four years in the league has bounced around three teams and still hasnt locked down a starting gig. dalton is undisputed starter going into season while Moore is battling garrard.

I guess fin fans have got used to losing so much that they dont think 6-10 is complete embarrassment. They could have drafted a damn qb, they could have had a long term plan. They were basically lucky that Moore played well. Hopefully this changes this year and we draft Tanneyhill

I hope things change too. Your prob right about 6-10 lmao, but it coulda been worse...like 1-15. By the end of the year people forgot about our 0-7 start. Why? Cuz we were playing some good ball. Is Moore the answer? Probaly not but it shows the potential of this team the better the QB plays. Garrard is gonna make things interesting. Statistically the best QB we have had on this roster since probaly Culpeppr...yes I know how that turned out. Eh gotta take chances right?

Im down with drafting Tannehill, but not at 8. Would be great to come away with Blackmon/Floyd and Tannehill. We got the ammo to manuever.

I hope things change too. Your prob right about 6-10 lmao, but it coulda been worse...like 1-15. By the end of the year people forgot about our 0-7 start. Why? Cuz we were playing some good ball. Is Moore the answer? Probaly not but it shows the potential of this team the better the QB plays. Garrard is gonna make things interesting. Statistically the best QB we have had on this roster since probaly Culpeppr...yes I know how that turned out. Eh gotta take chances right?

Im down with drafting Tannehill, but not at 8. Would be great to come away with Blackmon/Floyd and Tannehill. We got the ammo to manuever.

problem is we hurt all our qbs trading a pro bowl receiver

i wish we went 1-15 luck would be ours

Yea but difference is he was a rookie and Moore after four years in the league has bounced around three teams and still hasnt locked down a starting gig. dalton is undisputed starter going into season while Moore is battling garrard.

Younger is better...but I dont care if your 21 or 34, please just be a beast at QB and take my Dolphins to the Super Bowl!!!! Just one year atleast.......for now. Age only factors into draft. Unless your really sure.

i wish we went 1-15 luck would be ours

Considering its March and I know what a QB like Luck can do....me too!

During the months of September through February I want the Dolphins to win each week.

Regardless of our record.

Just dont get your fascination with drafting a qb in the second round that will be 29 by week 5 and played in a supersimplified read offense and think he can come in day one and be a good WCO qb. Tanneyhill has ran the offense so not as much learning curve. Weeden in second is a bigger risk and reach than Tanneyhill in first. weeden will not start next year so at min will be 30 if he earns job. Most qb's start declining around 34 or so and at best if he is good you get six years out of him. How many 37 year old starters last year were top qb's yea not one.
Weeden has exactly what you need in a WCO. Good decision maker, fast release and accuracy. He is more ready to start then anyone not named Luck. If he is 22, the Redskins are picking him.

Back
Top Bottom