Casserly talks about Cleveland and #4 pick | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Casserly talks about Cleveland and #4 pick

When the Process Started, before Declarations, he was a late 2nd to mid 2nd.

Landry Jones, Matt Barkley do not declare and the MEDIA is left scrambling for a 3rd QB.

It happened last year, it is happening this year.

Gabbert had no business going in the 1st based on tape.
Ponder had not business going in the 1st based on tape.

So my question remains, what has he done this draft season at workouts or combine to warrent moving up in the draft other than the Media Needing a third QB to have the draft Drama.

There are 2 1st round QBs in thid draft and they are going 1 and 2

I agree #8 is high. But if Miami goes for him I don't think it'll be the reach you believe it is. Why?

2 reasons.

1) insider knowledge. We offered Flynn backup money because we believed he was not a franchise QB. That was based on Philbins knowledge. If we take Tannehill at 8, it'll be because with Shermans knowledge, we believe he is a franchise QB of the near future. We're the only team with knowledge of the two big QB opportunities open to the masses. If we bite on Tannehill, it's because we known him better.

2) Rookie pay scale. Ponder, Locker and Dalton were all much bigger reaches last year because they all got paid a helluva lot more than Tannehill will. Thebrisk is lower this and subsequent years than it was.

When the Process Started, before Declarations, he was a late 2nd to mid 2nd.

Landry Jones, Matt Barkley do not declare and the MEDIA is left scrambling for a 3rd QB.

It happened last year, it is happening this year.

Gabbert had no business going in the 1st based on tape.
Ponder had not business going in the 1st based on tape.

So my question remains, what has he done this draft season at workouts or combine to warrent moving up in the draft other than the Media Needing a third QB to have the draft Drama.

There are 2 1st round QBs in thid draft and they are going 1 and 2

He's actually better than Landry Jones. When the college football season started, Landry Jones was hyped up. By the end of the yr his stock really tok a tumble.

No more screwing around, trade up with Minnesota and finally get a QB we can believe in. There's no such a thing as reaching IF he becomes our franchise QB.

Ireland may pass on Tannehill at 8 but I think he's foolish to do so..David Garrard is not the answer for long term..You have to get the best QB available at 8 and its Tannehill.Matt Moore will probably be resigned during season probably as a long term backup but you need the guy for the future now.Weeden is too old and not the guy.Cousins maybe but I would grab Tannehill in round one and one or two recievers aka Stephen Hill or someone else.Also look for that pass rusher and tackle in later rounds..

Ok lets run that out.

8th - Decastro
2nd - Cousins

is going to be MUCH better in the long run for your team than it would be reaching by a round for a QB, just because of Media Hype.

I am not a huge Tannehill fan, but Cousins is a bigger project and less accurate. They tried this sort of thing in '08 with an OL in 1st and a QB in the 2nd and it didn't get them anywhere. I am a big DeCastro fan, but if they draft a guard at 8 when there are desperate needs for a pass rush and offensive playmakers, I am going to throw my TV out the window.

I'm not sold the Browns will take Tannehill. In fact, I don't think they will. Colt is not a complete corpse and they can take a flyer on a later QB. I can see them taking a more assured, ready superstar talent like Trent or Blackmon. But then I'm also not sure if Ireland would pull the trigger on Tannehill at 8. Imagine the outcry of passing on Tannehill for Reiff.

I'd go tannehill at 8 if he's there, than package a 2nd and one of our 3rds to move up in the first... hopefully around 20 or so.. and nab fleener..

although looking at the draft trade value chart... our 2nd and one of our 3rds fall just short of moving to 20th...

we could trade our 2nd, and both 3rds and move to 17 though... just for reference... not sure I like fleener enough to give up three picks for him.. but I would wheel and deal on our 2nd, a 3rd if a deal could be struck...

the more I think of it though, 2 picks in the top 17, probably makes up for losing a 3rd rounder essentially because we would still have 2 picks in the first three rounds...
still some players to be had in the fourth that could address the OL, and fill out the 5-6 with guys who need some work like oliver vernon, brandon washington type kids.

I'm all in for Barkley in 2013. Screw Tannehill

i'd be all over that as well.. totally agree with you.. most of my posts regarding tannehill are posted under the assumption that our FO will be taking tannehill.

fleener on the other hand, is a guy I do really want to move up for...

Trading up to take a TE in the 1st round is not very Parcellsian. I think you're expecting too much and something too different from Ireland.

I'm not sold the Browns will take Tannehill. In fact, I don't think they will. Colt is not a complete corpse and they can take a flyer on a later QB. I can see them taking a more assured, ready superstar talent like Trent or Blackmon. But then I'm also not sure if Ireland would pull the trigger on Tannehill at 8. Imagine the outcry of passing on Tannehill for Reiff.

Mark my words, Ireland will pass on Tannehill for Reiff.

Back
Top Bottom