Casserly talks about Cleveland and #4 pick | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Casserly talks about Cleveland and #4 pick

Jeff Ireland isn't reaching for Tannehill. Ireland sticks
to his draft board no matter what. If he passed on Mallet
In the 3rd round, he ain't drafting Tannenhill with pick no.8..

It all depends on our OC and his thoughts.

Charlie Casserly from NFLN, talked about the #4 pick tonight. He said that it depends on Cleveland wanting to run or pass that will decide the pick. If they choose RUN: the pick will be RB-Richardson and if they choose PASS: the pick will be WR-Blackmon. He was emphatic about Cleveland NOT selecting Tannehill at #4!!! He sounded very convincing in his assessment, almost as if he knew something. I like Casserly and think he is very astute in his draft evaluations, team needs and potential selections from teams. For Miami's sake I hope he is right, that would pretty much leave Tannehill available for Miami at #8; unless of course someone trades up to #7 to take him.
I really dont see Cleveland taking Tannehill at #4, they have enough holes that they will likely take the best player available, I dont think they see it as they are a QB away from a super bowl run. They desperately need WRs and RBs, along with every other offensive position. I see Blackmon or Richardson. They will likely try to give McCoy a fair shake at it before they decide to move on from him.

I actually hope they do draft tannehill and some of those great other players fall to us. I would love to see us get Blackmon, decastro, or reiff. I think this team also has too many needs to take a QB that early if its a big reach. Now if by some crazy stroke of miracle, RG3 fell then yes, but that wont happen. I dont like reaching for a QB, atleast not that far. Either take BPA, or trade down and pick up an extra pick.

Tannehill is too raw to be selected 8th. People keep comparing him to Ponder and company from last year. Well most of those QB's taken last year started more than a season and a half.

I guess the arguing on this is redundant at this point. I can only hope Ireland sticks to his guns and doesn't reach on a QB due to fickle fanbase pressure. Watching the OK, OKST and MIZZOU games, and you will see ALOT of holes in Tannehill's game. And you people thinking he can come in and after 1 year holding a clipboard, step in to the AFC East and be productive is basically a pipe dream.

I think people are going to have to get used to QBs being taken earlier than expected. It's simply down to everyone realizing the importance of the position

Tannehill obviously doesn't compare to the best QBs in the NFL whereas Blackmon, for example, might compare to the best WRs in the NFL. But QBs are so much more important than WRs that Tannehill's value may be greater than Blackmon's. We've already seen at Miami that adding one of the best WRs in the NFL made little or no difference to the success of the offense.

There are several red flags for me about Tannehill but he's one of the few players in this draft I'd consider taking at #8

Ok lets run that out.

8th - Decastro
2nd - Cousins

is going to be MUCH better in the long run for your team than it would be reaching by a round for a QB, just because of Media Hype.

I think this may happen if Tannehill is taken before Miami get's their chance. Whomever Miami draft at QB will not start this year, but Cousins has impressed, and like Tannehill, could develop into a good QB for the WCO.

I do also believe Tannehill is on top of their QB list though.

Tannehill is not going TOP 10! If we want Tannehill its a better route to use our 2nd round pick for him. Even if it means moving up. The hype is there and I understand the potential but his history and experience puts him late 1st early 2nd.

Most teams reached for their QBs last year. I believe QBs will be quiet early besides the top 2.

I also believe Cleveland is after WR or RB. I prefer they go RB so more WR's drop.

But Cleveland will take Tannehill at 22 and if not there, then they will definitely take him at 35.

Here is what I think will happen if we truly want Tannehill all the way. Ireland will look at the landscape when discussing FA and trades, and such before the draft. Alot of teams kinda get a feeling where certain teams will draft in order to nail their guy at a certain spot. If Ireland sees he has the chance to trade down to say Dallas at 14 knowing Tannehill will be there from what he is hearing (Seattle wont draft Tannehill now that they have taken Flynn for all that money,see how that works?)and pick up Tannehill at 14 and another draft pick in 2nd round.

then he gets his pass rusher and RT/RG. He takes care of the biggest need positions IMO, otherwise, BPA

If Sherman feels Tannehill is the guy we need at QB, I have no issues taking him at #8. If someone comes in and takes him before us, I would trade down and try to get Weeden in Round Two. If we miss out on both, than just get the BPA's and stick with Moore and Garrard this year.

Ok lets run that out.

8th - Decastro
2nd - Cousins

is going to be MUCH better in the long run for your team than it would be reaching by a round for a QB, just because of Media Hype.

If Tannehill is a reach in the top ten and is graded as a late 1, early 2, which i do not have a hard time agreeing with, drafting Cousins in the 2nd would be as much of a reach. At least with Tannehill, he has the potential to develop into a franchise QB. With Sherman and Philbin having their say, if they want him, there is no reaching, you get him. If the FO doesn't believe Tannehill is Franchise material, you skip on QB and draft one early next year.

I dont see Cousins progressing further than Henne ever did here and would not touch him earlier than rd 3. Although being a big 10 senior captian QB, I would bet on Cousins being high on our board if Parcells was here...

Jeff Ireland isn't reaching for Tannehill. Ireland sticks
to his draft board no matter what. If he passed on Mallet
In the 3rd round, he ain't drafting Tannenhill with pick no.8..

As bad as you think Ireland is, I think that's a smart move on his part. Tannehill is a 2nd round talent only being hyped by the media and draftniks because there are only 2 QBs in this draft who are worthy of the first round: Luck and Griffin. This reminds me of the hype for Claussen a few years ago.

The Top Ten is not the place to pick a project.

Back
Top Bottom