Charles Woodson anyone. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Charles Woodson anyone.

The point he's making is that since a lot of teams/running backs have a tough time running on the Fins D...the teams have no choice but to pass the ball. E. James has had some success running the ball against the Fins!!!

On the other hand, teams don't have much trouble running on the Raiders (this season) so teams will pound the ball and throw the ball when they need to. Basically, C-Wood does not get "tested" as much as our corners do. So, if C-Wood got "tested" more...he probably would have gotten beat more often. I'm not talking smack...just stating the obvious.

Go Fins!!!

Original take by ChambersOwnz84
hmm.. maybe the fact that Miami shuts down the run as good as anybody, so teams throw a lot against us... :confused:
Point well taken.

In retort, the leading pass rusher for the Raiders has a pathetic 4 sacks (2 of them coming last Sunday), so Woodson doesn't have the benefit of a great pass rush to force QB's to throw quickly...

Original take by Sal Lisitano
Basically, C-Wood does not get "tested" as much as our corners do. So, if C-Wood got "tested" more...he probably would have gotten beat more often. I'm not talking smack...just stating the obvious.
That's not much of an argument because you could easily say if teams tested him more, he'd get more INTs...

Part of the reason QB's don't "test" him might have to do with the fact that the WR isn't open. Last night was a great example. Woodson was on Donald Driver for almost the entire game, and Favre checks down. But as soon as the Raiders change up and put Woodson on somebody else, Favre goes right to Driver and completes every pass...

C-Wood is a good corner. I'm not arguing that...but he's no Surtain and thats for Certain!!!

Do you think he'll be gone???

Go Fins!!!

Originally posted by Section126
Here they are:

1. Surtain
2. Bailey
3. Law
4. Vincent
5. McCallister
6. Woodson
7. Winfield
8. Madison
9. B. Taylor
10. T. Newman

Chris Chambers called McCallister the most overrated CB in the league.

He ain't that good. At least not this year. If Chambers had a QB, he puts up a career day on McC.

As for Woodson, I think he's got elite skills. Big, fast, strong, instinctive, tackles. Being banged up the last few years have made people question him.

I think he's definitely more naturally gifted than Surtain. But a better CB?? I couldn't tell ya. I didn't see Woodson much this year. And I didn't pay attention to who Brett Favre was torching last night besides that tough pass over Gibson to Walls.

Favre was consistently torching Phillip Bucannon all night long. IMHO Buchannon was a terrible pickup for the Gay-turds. He's done nothing but get hurt and get burned since he's been in silver and black. Basically, Favre made Buchannon his beeyatch last night.

:hump:

Original take by Sal Lisitano
C-Wood is a good corner. I'm not arguing that...but he's no Surtain and thats for Certain!!!

Do you think he'll be gone???

Go Fins!!!
No I think the Raiders will do whatever it takes to keep him in Silver and Black. If last night was any indication, the Raiders really have no choice but to hang on to him. If they lose Woodson, what do they have left?

Original take by Muck
Chris Chambers called McCallister the most overrated CB in the league.

He ain't that good. At least not this year. If Chambers had a QB, he puts up a career day on McC.

As for Woodson, I think he's got elite skills. Big, fast, strong, instinctive, tackles. Being banged up the last few years have made people question him.

I think he's definitely more naturally gifted than Surtain. But a better CB?? I couldn't tell ya. I didn't see Woodson much this year. And I didn't pay attention to who Brett Favre was torching last night besides that tough pass over Gibson to Walls.
I agree with a lot of that.

- I've seen a lot of interviews where WRs have said guys like McCallister and Law are over-rated... and if you think about, there's no better judge of a CB than the WR that he has to go up against.

- Right now everybody is bashing Woodson based on the way he has played last year and the year before that, but nobody has bothered looking at what he has done this year. It's that saying that players and fans don't recognize what you've done until "the year after a great year"... Case in point right here.

- As for who's better between Woodson and Surtain... I have no idea, but if I could chose any 2 CBs to build a defense around, it would be those 2 without a doubt...

Back
Top Bottom