Chris Johnson visiting Miami today | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Johnson visiting Miami today

That is your opinion. But a SB winning franchise in the digital age, beg to differ. And after the dismal showing of their defense in 2015, along with the cap space, release of TC...they are spending the money on FAs and not the turds who failed to finish last season. I believe I heard or read Coughlin say they lost a handful of games by 6pts or less.

Ones value is not determined by chatter on a message board. But by those who write the check.

So, you think Vernon is worth more than Von Miller? Or close to on the level of Suh? Or Watt?

Dude. They overpaid by a lot. If they don't think so, great. But they did. Lets say you really like this shiny new car, and are willing to pay $20k, but it's really only worth $10k; so by your logic, just because you can and are willing to pay up the extra cost - that makes it worth it?

Ronnie Hillman had over 800 yards, a 4.2 YPC and 7 TD's. And he's only 24 years old. So why isn't he the next best option? I don't understand this FO, unless they are first looking at CJ to lower the asking price for the true best remaining RB option.

This I agree with. I'd prefer Hillman over Johnson.

Chris Johnson . . . Interesting, actually would fit well with Ajayi, although like someone else pointed out I wonder how his pass protection has been recently . . . So important for a guy I expect to be in on third downs pretty often.

Then again, I have been touting a rookie and Ajayi since before free agency, but was open to Powell and CJ Anderson. Just not that serious of an issue IMO.

Lots of 30 and up players being signed for a team that's not really making an effort to win now and not really making an effort to build for the future.

Talk of dysfunction ends now...replaced by talk of Dolphins being in limbo.

Same people posting about RBs having a short shelf life will defend this move in 3...2...1...

The only thing I can place a ring of hope on right now is that Miami is building for the future by signing all these vets to 2 or 3 year contracts with the idea of building through the draft so when these vets are released the young guys can take over. There has to be a plan right?

So, you think Vernon is worth more than Von Miller? Or close to on the level of Suh? Or Watt?

Dude. They overpaid by a lot. If they don't think so, great. But they did. Lets say you really like this shiny new car, and are willing to pay $20k, but it's really only worth $10k; so by your logic, just because you can and are willing to pay up the extra cost - that makes it worth it?

It's all relative. Gronk isn't the top paid TE. But thanks to the new CBA, a 31 yr old TE is.

It's a reality. I will say, Vernon skill set and age, yes he is worth what ever someone is willing to pay

Your analogy is worthless by the NFL business model.

It's all relative. Gronk isn't the top paid TE. But thanks to the new CBA, a 31 yr old TE is.

It's a reality. I will say, Vernon skill set and age, yes he is worth what ever someone is willing to pay

Your analogy is worthless by the NFL business model.

Vernon = overpaid. Thats all. just because someone is willing to pay the cost doesn't mean he isn't overpaid.

The only thing I can place a ring of hope on right now is that Miami is building for the future by signing all these vets to 2 or 3 year contracts with the idea of building through the draft so when these vets are released the young guys can take over. There has to be a plan right?

That would be an adequate plan except I have no faith in their ability to draft. Same scouts, same guy that was in charge of the college scouting making the draft board. Only difference is there's another cook in the kitchen that will override what he wants even though I'm confident both would be wrong with their pick.

Not a bad stopgap. I think Miami looks middle rounds unless Elliott falls to #13.

I feel like this is Major League! We're putting together an over the hill team that will help us re-locate. Maybe we will hand them a big **** burger :).

I'd be in favor, doesn't mean you can't draft a RB as well. CJ would then battle Rookie RB and D. Williams respectively for the 2nd and 3rd backup roles.

I've never heard so many grown men whine and complain.

Vernon = overpaid. Thats all. just because someone is willing to pay the cost doesn't mean he isn't overpaid.

Just your opinion. The system is what it is. And a SB winning franchise has more credibility in their decision making, then we do here on a message board.

I want to see my team win a SB before I die. At this rate and direction of this team....it's gonna be a miracle if it were to happen.

Well, we'll agree to disagree then my friend. The funny thing tho- I feel like we just hijacked about a page's worth of a Chris Johnson into a Vernon discussion lol

I'd be in favor, doesn't mean you can't draft a RB as well. CJ would then battle Rookie RB and D. Williams respectively for the 2nd and 3rd backup roles.

I've never heard so many grown men whine and complain.
Check out the politics forum

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I would gladly take Chris Johnson.
I trust Ajayi, but not as an every-down back (at least not yet), and I don't trust Fake-Ricky Williams at all as a #2.
Draft a RB in the mid to low rds, let him compete with Williams for the 3rd spot.

Back
Top Bottom