Chris Johnson visiting Miami today | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Johnson visiting Miami today

Not really. It's reality. It was meant to work this way. The NYG who aren't big FA spenders, utterly and completely disagree with you.

I don't care if they disagree, 17 million a year for Vernon is downright damn dumb. And hey fyi, the Giants HAVE been big spenders this year in free agency. So there goes that theory

I don't care if they disagree, 17 million a year for Vernon is downright damn dumb. And hey fyi, the Giants HAVE been big spenders this year in free agency. So there goes that theory

Notice your caveat is 'this year'? Again, the money via raising of cap and rookie pay scale allow for the money to goto vets. It's the system that the players wanted, and got.

But hey the NYG have won more SBs in my life time, then my beloved Phins. So dumb coming from a Phin fan, means absolutely nothing.

Is Hillman the true best remaining option? Hillman is not a big back and was ineffective in the playoffs this year gaining only 54 yards on 32 carries.

Well, at least he is healthy and young. He seems a better option than Johnson or Foster, but if Morris or someone else is deemed better, so be it.

Notice your caveat is 'this year'? Again, the money via raising of cap and rookie pay scale allow for the money to goto vets. It's the system that the players wanted, and got.

But hey the NYG have won more SBs in my life time, then my beloved Phins. So dumb coming from a Phin fan, means absolutely nothing.

You said they weren't big spenders, maybe so in the past. But now it appears they are over that for a bit because they are in an imminent win now mode.

they overpaid for Vernon and Jenkins absolutely no doubt about it. you can't spin it as anything else. is vernon truly elite and worth that price? no.

The only way I like this move is if he is strictly injury insurance and knows his place. Otherwise, I don't like it.

Well, at least he is healthy and young. He seems a better option than Johnson or Foster, but if Morris or someone else is deemed better, so be it.

I don't know if Morris is a better option but something is keeping Hillman from taking visits with teams at this time.

As a FF owner who had CJ2K last year....I hope we sign the mother ****er (spaced for censorship purposes). His yards per carry was damn good and he truly won the job for a good team. The man can still run and probably offers us the most similar back, in style, to Lamar Miller compared to what's out there.

Now, I do like James Starks, too. He's struggled to stay healthy but has been more lucky of late. He's good out of the backfield and has size to protect on 3rd down.

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

Keep in mind, that we do have Ajayi who had first-round talent and 6th round luck as far as health.

Pretty sure Gase knows first hand what type of player Hillman is and he would come if interested. We will see not a fan of this at all even tho CJ tweaked his running style last year.

You said they weren't big spenders, maybe so in the past. But now it appears they are over that for a bit because they are in an imminent win now mode.

they overpaid for Vernon and Jenkins absolutely no doubt about it. you can't spin it as anything else. is vernon truly elite and worth that price? no.

That is your opinion. But a SB winning franchise in the digital age, beg to differ. And after the dismal showing of their defense in 2015, along with the cap space, release of TC...they are spending the money on FAs and not the turds who failed to finish last season. I believe I heard or read Coughlin say they lost a handful of games by 6pts or less.

Ones value is not determined by chatter on a message board. But by those who write the check.

I don't know if Morris is a better option but something is keeping Hillman from taking visits with teams at this time.

Perhaps it is the perception that all RB's have success in Denver's system. But going back to the Mike Anderson era is probably a bit of a stretch. I believe some were even questioning the quality of Denver's run blocking last year.

Obviously CJ Anderson was a complete back with receiving and blocking skills that Hillman does not possess.

Chris Johnson ran for more yards then cj Anderson last year. There's a big age difference but people act like cj was a huge loss. Anderson really wasn't that tight people. We were paying him in hopes of his potential.

Back
Top Bottom