Chris Long rumor. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Long rumor.

damn tough crowd huh? oh well just trying to give you guys some 411..

No one is trying to knock you... it's just that as a general rule of thumb on this and most other boards is no link, no love. ... And in a case such as yours, it can only be taken with a grain of salt that it was a friend of a friend who claims to have talked to him.... get what I mean? Lots of stuff gets posted on here based on conversations people had who have "insider" information, and more often than not it never pans out.

That said, you could very well be telilng the truth, and I agree, C.Long is probably our #1 target right now... but a LOT can change between now and April.

Sorry man...that was me telling your g/f's friend I was Chris Long and was going to play for the Phins.

I was just looking to score.

Sorry man...that was me telling your g/f's friend I was Chris Long and was going to play for the Phins.

I was just looking to score.

I was thinking the same way...but I'm just too old..:boohoo:

Besides...I'm Married with Grandchildren.

I was shootin the breeze with Bill yesterday and he told me how it was gonna be Jake Long first round to help solidify the OLine, and they would get their DE/OLB with Lawrence Jackson out of USC at #33.

There is no doubt that if Miami is not able to trade their pick, Chris will be the favorite to go #1. Dolphin fans that want someone else can talk all they want about taking

-another QB, if Beck proves himself (He has the skills to do so), Miami will not take one until late 2nd.

-another RB, but if Ronnie show to be back (All reports say he is ahead of schedule), Miami will not take another RB.

- an O-linemen who's skills fit best on the right side.

- another DT, because free agency has somewhat fixed that area for us for the time being.

There might still be a chance Miami goes with someone else at #1 overall, but it is doubtful.

There is no doubt that if Miami is not able to trade their pick, Chris will be the favorite to go #1. Dolphin fans that want someone else can talk all they want about taking

-another QB, if Beck proves himself (He has the skills to do so), Miami will not take one until late 2nd.

-another RB, but if Ronnie show to be back (All reports say he is ahead of schedule), Miami will not take another RB.

- an O-linemen who's skills fit best on the right side.

- another DT, because free agency has somewhat fixed that area for us for the time being.

There might still be a chance Miami goes with someone else at #1 overall, but it is doubtful.

....excuse me...but how excatly is Jake Longs skills set for the right side???

at Michigan he only let one player by on both sides once,each.He played equally well...so how is it that he is only qualified for RT???

Not to mention he even said he can play LT...Todd McShays projects hell be a LT....Mel Kiper Jr. projects he'll be a LT and even Mike Mayock said he is the number 1 LT....So,unless you have other deep information that he in only suited for RT,you can't say he is absolutely one thing....

Pretty shallow statement if you ask me....

at Michigan he only let one player by on both sides once,each.He played equally well...so how is it that he is only qualified for RT???

Not to mention he even said he can play LT...Todd McShays projects hell be a LT....Mel Kiper Jr. projects he'll be a LT and even Mike Mayock said he is the number 1 LT....So,unless you have other deep information that he in only suited for RT,you can't say he is absolutely one thing....

And add Leon Searcy...he also stated that J. Long could be a LT...an all pro LT...at that.

hi guys im a first time poster here so dont kill me on this 1. ive been on this website getting the latest dolphins info for a while now! well what i have to say is that this past saturday my g/f best friend met chris long @ a club and all he would tell her is that he is the # 1 overall pick and he plays or is playing for the Miami Dolphins. i dont know if parcells and co already contacted him and told him we are taking him with the #1 pick or he was just trying to look impress, but according to what she told me hes a dolphins. take it for what its worth. thanks

Well if ur G/F BF is a dolphin fan and she is hot, I would tell her the same thing.:hi5:

hi guys im a first time poster here so dont kill me on this 1. ive been on this website getting the latest dolphins info for a while now! well what i have to say is that this past saturday my g/f best friend met chris long @ a club and all he would tell her is that he is the # 1 overall pick and he plays or is playing for the Miami Dolphins. i dont know if parcells and co already contacted him and told him we are taking him with the #1 pick or he was just trying to look impress, but according to what she told me hes a dolphins. take it for what its worth. thanks

Complete BS. Complete utter BS. somebody at the club tried to talk him up like that....but it is complete BS!!!!

First off if Jason Taylor hasn't even talked to Parcells about HIS future -do you really think Chris Long knows his??? NO WAY!!!

second, It seems very likely Atlanta will be in a position to move up and draft Ryan (as long as they deem him to be the best QB available). So that being the case how will Long be #1???

Third, n the days leading up to the draft there will be two or three guys that we negotiate with to have them signed before they are drafted. That is just a plain FACT. If we told Long he is the pick - then we can't very well negotiate the pick and the contract with him now can we????

Fourth - our pick won't even be Long - it will be Vernon Gholston (ok I'm 60/40 on this one lol between Long and Gholston)

I agree man - the guy is a right tackle - I don't care what they have said...they talked about Jordan Gross as left tackle - I know he was playing right tackle (perhaps he played left this year don't know - no I think Terry did)....Robert Gallery was a Left Tackle right???? my *** the guy is barely a guard.

I'm not saying the guy can't play left tackle eventually - he may be able to. Right now the guy IS a right tackle (everyone always wants to project if they can - to left tackle) In Longs case the length of his arms and size of hands is an advantage - and would help him play left side. But the guy isn't as good as Joe Thomas right now - doesnt have the best feet, and when I saw him against Gholston two years in a row, and the guy just kept whiffing and was an open gate. Gholston COMPLETELY DOMINATED the game itself. Michigan had 140 total yards in that game - did you see Michigan against Florida??? 500 yards. based on that game ALONE it would be STUPID to pick Long before Gholston (when picking teams do you pick the guy who can beat the other one??? as a kid). Jake Long is a right tackle - don't care what anybody projects him too

damn tough crowd huh? oh well just trying to give you guys some 411..

Some guy was on here last week and he said he knew someone in the Jag's organization who told him that we were getting Wilford....nobody believed him.....you may be right. :up:

Some guy was on here last week and he said he knew someone in the Jag's organization who told him that we were getting Wilford....nobody believed him.....you may be right. :up:

I'm not saying it wasn't being said at the bar - it probably WAS!!! But I explained how unless Chris Long is a liar - it certainly didn't come out of his mouth - unless he was just drinking and was like....oh yeah I'm going #1 to the dolphins...I know it...etc - wishful kind of thinking on his part.

My point was Parcells never told him this - just not a chance.

Tho I do believe that the second hand info came to you that way and it was being said.

For the record I believed the Wilford rumors- don't know why that guy was getting flamed....all he said was take it or leave it, I have inside info (obviously more inside than my girlfriends bf bf bf said....lol)....guys were asking for links and **** - so stupid - obviously no links lol

some of you guys are a-holes...take it for what it's worth, don't bash him. the dude is posting for the first time. why would he come in here and just start making sh*t up? And yeah, if they saw him at a bar, he prob was drinking, and kinda pumped about the draft and exaggerated that he'll be #1. However, I highly doubt that BP has told Long that, but then again, he's just a college kid tryin to get some action from the ladies.

Back
Top Bottom