CK's Mock Draft 3/27/09 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CK's Mock Draft 3/27/09

Conuficus

The look on Tom Brady's face: Pricless
Reaction score
This is CK's first Mock Draft for Universaldraft.com. It is dated for tomorrow as it will be on Walterfootball.com amongst other sites as of tomorrow.

Thought we'd give you guys first crack at it though by about an hour. :lol:

Anyways, enough of my jabbering, here:

http://universaldraft.com/CK_s_2009_Mock_Draft.html

Come on CK...M.J. may be bigger and slightly heavier...but he's not as fast as Barwin. M.J.'s 40 time at his proday was 4.61 and 4.64....his three cone was a 7.42.

Barwin's 40 at the combine was a 4.59 and his cone was a whopping 6.87...at his pro-day he ran a sub 4.5.

"Blessed with rare size, long arms and the burst off the snap to generate an instant pass rush off the edge, Johnson has exciting potential. To this point, however, that's mostly what Johnson has been -- potential. He garnered first-team All-ACC honors as a senior with 17.5 TFL and nine sacks but his play was spotty.

A lot of his numbers were amassed against poor competition. Johnson might have a future as a pass-rushing linebacker in the 3-4 scheme so he can use his length and agility in coverage."

If he's the Dolphins selection...so be it...but he's a reach as much as any other player in this draft...and perhaps more than some.

Another thought CK...Has there ever been a 6'6" or 6'7" linebacker that was successful in the NFL? There's been plenty of large DE's...we had one...J. Taylor that was great playing as a 4-3 DE...but I can't remember one as a linebacker. There must be a reason why.

Do you get a lion...or do you get a Gholsten?

i like the micheal johnson pick...rather have him than barwin, who i have seen played at cincy for years

wow

and i got grilled for questioning why everyone is obsessed with CK? There's no way Parcells takes Michael Johnson.

lol

what a joke!

oh - and con - Malcolm Jenkins???? You do know that Jenkins said the Dolphins were the only team that flat out told him he's a safety, not a corner, right?

He might be worth the risk. I know a first round pick is not when to gamble but if they believe they can get him to produce I'm fine with it. They must have picked his brain and watched enough film to feel comfortable if that were the case. The fact is he might become a complete beast that can change this defense for the better. The guy does have talent, he's not Gholston. Gholston was just a workout, combine phenom.

oh - and con - Malcolm Jenkins???? You do know that Jenkins said the Dolphins were the only team that flat out told him he's a safety, not a corner, right?

And the link to that is?

And the link to that is?

here: http://www.thephinsider.com/2009/3/18/803220/interesting-note-in-malcol

Most people know that the question with Jenkins is whether he clan play corner in the NFL, or whether he will have to move to safety. He went through some various teams - New Orleans thinks he could be both, Denver sees him as a pure corner, etc.

Of course by now you know the interesting team is the Dolphins. He said that the Dolphins told him he could NOT play corner in this league, and he would have to move to safety.

Has there ever been a 6'6" or 6'7" linebacker that was successful in the NFL? There's been plenty of large DE's...we had one...J. Taylor that was great playing as a 4-3 DE...but I can't remember one as a linebacker. There must be a reason why.

IMHO, Taylor was always a hybrid OLB/DE and played both positions well, but it was when he played a bit more as an OLB in Saban's 34 sets that propelled Taylor to Defensive MVP. Saban played both a 43 and 34, and Taylor was often the difference in that formation, despite playing a similar role in both.

I just have to mention though, Doug Betters was a fantastic DE and also about 6'6. He knocked down a lot of passes and it seemed that when opposing QB's threw left, they often threw with poor accuracy ... which I always thought was in part due to worrying about Betters knocking down the ball. ;)

I love CK but Beanie Wells to the Bengals with the #6 pick? No way he goes that early. I think Wells will be taken somewhere between #16-#21. I would also take Clay Matthews or Darius Butler over Michael Johnson (who is probably a late first round pick, or early 2nd).

I would really love to have Michael Johnson with the first pick and with a little luck Sean Smith with the second pick.

I love the match up problems Johnson and Porter would bring not to mention Cam Wakes potential.

That would be a great pass rush and would improve our Defense greatly.

Thanks Ck!.. I am with you all the way buddy.

Do you SERIOUSLY think Vontae Davis falls out of the first?

M.J. is ok, but I seriously doubt we pass on Vontae, especially when we can probably get M.J. in the 2nd.

Wow, no Knowshon or Vontae Davis in the 1st.

Don't like the thought of passing on guys i think are top 10 guys for someone i think is more of a top 40 guy.

Back
Top Bottom