CK's Mock Draft 3/27/09 | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CK's Mock Draft 3/27/09

No way on hell Knowshon Moreno not get picked up in the 1st round and if he does he will make alot of teams regret it.

CK - Nice work on the mock.

A couple of comments:
The Michael Johnson story reminds of the Daryl Gardener story back when the Phins drafted him. Lots of talent but would disappear at times and was inconsistent. The trifecta are obviously doing their homework to see if they can draw the level play needed for Johnson to be successful.
As far as CB is concerned, I agree that Parcells will not make it a priority to take a CB too high but a player like Ty Law was too good to pass up in the 1st round. I don't see any CB prospects that have the type of skills that Law had.

i just hope hakeem nicks falls to us at #25 and then we don't have to worry about who else to take.

no question michael johnson is a top talent in this draft. if we could get max effort out of him it would be a boom pick. but i have my doubts.

i don't think connor barwin is the pass rusher that larry english is and i totally agree that barwin is gonna be very raw and a project early on at olb.

larry english also has an extensive injury history which tedslimm has recently pointed out to me which gives me pause.

like i said please lord let hakeem nicks be there at #25.

i just hope hakeem nicks falls to us at #25 and then we don't have to worry about who else to take.

no question michael johnson is a top talent in this draft. if we could get max effort out of him it would be a boom pick. but i have my doubts.

i don't think connor barwin is the pass rusher that larry english is and i totally agree that barwin is gonna be very raw and a project early on at olb.

larry english also has an extensive injury history which tedslimm has recently pointed out to me which gives me pause.

like i said please lord let hakeem nicks be there at #25.

I agree, if Nicks falls to #25 it makes the decision much easier IMO. Nicks and Gilbert are two of the players I am most comfortable with in this whole draft. But...I'm not sure I see Nicks getting there. Seriously there are some teams picking ahead of us that would like him, I think.

If there's one thing I want people to take away from my mock it's that I see players that Miami likes that will go before we can get hold of them. Michael Johnson is not someone that I think we will specifically target...but he's got tremendous potential.

I have mixed emotions with Hakeem Nicks....I really hope somebody picks him up before us, so I dont feel bad about us passing on him (if we eventually do)...
Now, Robiskie, Barden, Iglesias, or somebody else in the later rounds, might work for us too...We dont have to pick a big receiver, for big guys, well have enough TEs....We need another threat, a special WR, period...Remember the Marks brothers? If a receiver is fast, runs clean routes, and catches everything thrown his way, size will eventually be secondary.

Any chance we trade up if Raji goes long enough?

I want to say that I doubt it just because I can't imagine someone giving us a good deal on a trade up and I also can't imagine Raji making it far enough down the board to where we could execute it cheaply enough.

One could argue it would be worth it...IF you are just absolutely certain this guy can play on the nose at the NFL level and be premium a la Wilfork, Hampton, etc.

But I don't know if I'm there on him yet. I think he has a tendency to not show up to games. I think he plays a lot like a one-gap guy to me, same as Wilfork did when Wilfork was coming out of college but keep in mind Wilfork also went late in the first round to the Patriots. The Patriots brought Vince along slowly at NT that first year, which we could also do since we have Ferguson...but Vince was still not really getting the two-gap game too well for a good while in NE. If it was a good roll of the dice whether Wilfork would "get it" or not...then it should probably also be considered a roll of the dice whether Raji will "get it" or not.

If you're going to give up one of your second round picks to move up and get hold of this guy I would imagine that I would want to be positive he's an NFL nose tackle.

Back
Top Bottom