CK's Mock Draft v. 2.0 - 4/6/2010 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CK's Mock Draft v. 2.0 - 4/6/2010

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a new Mock Draft up on Universal. It's my 2nd version. I allow myself three mock drafts. As I say in the mock draft itself, I want to give myself the chance to adapt as this monstrous flow of information comes in week after week, but I do NOT want to give myself the chance to say so many different things that I get to claim to have always been right...at one time or another.

In some ways, it's pretty incredible how closely this second mock resembles the one I created 6 or 7 weeks ago, before Free Agency and before the Combine.

http://www.universaldraft.com/2010/04/06/cks-mock-draft-v2-0/

I imagine that my third one, which I usually release a few days before the draft, will turn this one on its head a little bit...but then again, maybe not.

Let me know what your guys' thoughts are, I know there's bound to be MASSIVE disagreement (as usual).

Interesting. You have the Broncos & Jags in the wrong order. Also, IMO, I think the Jags grab McClain & Dez falls to us, but I wouldn't be terribly disappointed with Graham as our pick.

I like the Graham choice. I strongly believe either him or Earl Thomas is our pick at #12. I'm leaning towards Earl Thomas

He could start as a rookie???

Are you kidding -- given the holes in this team whoever we pick at #12 has to start or he'll be considered a bust! If Graham is the superman some think he is then he STARTS or we draft someone else who can.

I think McCoy goes to TB not Okung.

I actually agree with the rest.

I like the Graham choice. I strongly believe either him or Earl Thomas is our pick at #12. I'm leaning towards Earl Thomas

The more i see of Thomas the more i like him as our pick , Graham would be a nice player in our system though so either one i'd be happy.

Love the Graham choice. He's my pick as well.
Very well thought out mock - thanks for posting it.

Interesting. You have the Broncos & Jags in the wrong order. Also, IMO, I think the Jags grab McClain & Dez falls to us, but I wouldn't be terribly disappointed with Graham as our pick.

Good catch, I used the template from my first mock which was pre-coin flip. Forgot to adjust.

you never know what these teams will do. and there are
ALWAYS teams at the top or mid way through the first who
come up with those "WHAT THE HELL" selections.

that saying, i am hardly EVER real dogmatic about about
what any team will do or not do, unless they are in a prime
spot to take a dominant player that is there prime need.

ODERIK and JPP are WAY, WAY to high in this mock.

why anyone would take jpp in the first or second round is
beyond me. he does have mass pass rush skills, but 7
games of REAL college ball and not a run stopper or
shown the ability to drop back and cover [so far] is not
1st or second round material. right now, he would just be
a situational player and that hi up, you dont take situation
guys.

and if he doesnt turn out to be anything other than a part time
pass rusher, after spending a hi #1 on him? OUCH!!!!!

oderik is a good player, real potential, but i still see him
as a late first to mid second player.

but hey!! thats the fun of it all, right? these crazy teams
can do anything. these two may just go that hi, but i doubt
it, expecially with JPP.

oh, and KUDOS on the BRANDON GRAHAM choice.

i have been on his band wagon BEFORE the senior bowl.

my favorite defensive player in this draft, hands down. to
me, he is the poster child for a bill parcells football player.

and there is NO better value than graham for defense. NONE!!

i just know that bill billichek is hoping and praying that teams
fall for that short arm nonsense and he falls to them. in fact, if
miami passes, it wouldnt suprise me at all to see billichek make
a move to get him.

JPP's got some real backing in the league.

so did ryan leaf and tony mandrich.

the leauge is dead wrong HUNDREDS of times every year.

I'd be happy with Graham in the 1st. After Berry and Bryant (ruled Spiller out for the Phins), it's Thomas and Graham. There are things I love about both, so it's hard for me to rate one the other. But, assuming it's between those two, I think the selection will have have as much to do with how much we like the players we project to be there at #43.

In other words, I like B. Graham and M. Burnett more than E. Thomas and Gibson. But, E. Thomas and J. Hughes is another story. I think the first scenario is far more likely than the third, so Graham is looking more and more like the pick to me. Of course, we might go WR with the 2nd pick.

Back
Top Bottom