CK's Mock Draft v. 2.0 - 4/6/2010 | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CK's Mock Draft v. 2.0 - 4/6/2010

Based on Jeff Ireland's press conference today, I would predict the following:

1. Brandon Graham is on the board at #12, but so are Dez Bryant and Earl Thomas.
2. Dan Williams is NOT on the board at #12, they believe they can get a NT later.
3. To that end, bet on Cam Thomas in R2 or R3.
4. I honestly believe Jason Taylor is in their plans.

dan williams was never an option IMO ...

Ireland/Parcells know how to find big bodies later in the draft, and they love to do so... i just look at Jay Ratliff and it's enough to convince me

dan williams was never an option IMO ...

Ireland/Parcells know how to find big bodies later in the draft, and they love to do so... i just look at Jay Ratliff and it's enough to convince me

See that's where I disagree. I think they believe there's really only one or two big guys that could play the nose in any given draft.

Remember, they DRAFTED Jay Ratliff low. They didn't place a **** ton of value on him when they drafted him. And I honestly think they might have drafted him to play DE and just found that they were blown away by what he showed them in practice and camp and whatnot.

Anyway when Jeff Ireland says there are some "rare" aspects of this draft...to me he's talking about the fact that instead of only one or two "big men" in this draft as is usual, there's actually at least four that they really think can play on nose. They are Dan Williams, Cam Thomas, Terrence Cody and Linval Joseph. And there are probably more than that as well. That's fairly rare.

Put that together with what hooshoops heard from him during the season...I think they're thinking along the lines of Cam Thomas being their guy at a later round rather than Dan Williams early.

I would groan over Cam Thomas, but I'm guy at a computer on a message board.

yep...i think cam thomas is the guy...2nd or 3rd round if he's there i think we will pick him...i sure hope 3rd at the earliest...

upgrading nose tackle sure seems to be on irelands mind a lot...

i did hear ireland say that despite ratliff being a 7th round pick he was higher on their board...just happened to be there the 7th when they got around to him...

He didn't say that Ratliff was specifically one of those guys. He said that some of those late round guys that turned out to be steals were guys that they had rated higher but were still available. Ratliff could be among them but he didn't specify.

Back
Top Bottom