CK's Mock Draft v. 2.0 - 4/6/2010 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CK's Mock Draft v. 2.0 - 4/6/2010

Doesn't Hughes have a similar skill set to Wake? When I watch TCU, I always end up marveling more at Washington than Hughes, though I do agree Hughes is the best pass rusher in this draft.

I'm definitely in the minority, but I'd rather have Washington than Hughes.

hughes is MUCH more fluid in space and has better awareness than wake...much better feet beautiful in his back pedal and transition imo...

both elite pure pass rushers imo...

Honestly, I just haven't seen Wake backpedal and transition enough to make a definitive judgment. I assume since he wasn't asked to do it much, that's not a strength of his.

Hughes is an extremely fluid athlete for his size, and will bring top shelf value with his acceleration, ability to rip and rush the passer, and speed off the edge.

Honestly, I'm hoping the Phins use a Smiley, or Ginn etc as chips to move up in the second to get their hands on a pass rusher if they take Dez, or a WR if they take Graham. With the night off, teams will have more time to pull off deals in the round etc to move up to get players they covet.

Coming out with Dez/Hughes, Griffen, or Kindle or Graham/Tate or Benn would be a great start to the draft. I prefer to wait for the LG in this draft personally.

i've seen wake be asked to drop into a soft zone in the preseason and it wasn't pretty...i just think he's lost in space...maybe he gets it in time...i guess we'll see...but really he hasn't shown much as a standup player either...not that he got many opportunities last year doing that either...

i do agree though that we need to move up in round 2 and grab a wr or olb if one makes it into the 30's that we're very high on...absolutely

Well, my personal choice is Hughes before Graham...I just think Hughes can be ridiculously dangerous coming off the edge in 2-3 years. What should intrigue people s that he has only played on the defensive side of the ball since going to TCU. He's just scratching the surface of how good he can be as a pass rusher. His hand placement is awful at times, and he doesn't not engage blockers in "textbook" fashion for lack of a better term.

One thing that makes me want him more than the other pass rushers at 12 is simply his ability to close and get to the QB. If Hughes is coming off that edge and gets free, rarely will a QB out pace him. He will track that man down very well. Graham's first step is better, but Hughes tracks better IMO.

CK will disagree with me in there, but we've had our conversations regarding Graham v Hughes. I wouldn't cry about Graham, but I want Hughes.

well, I dont think Graham at 12 is what we will do. I think we like Graham as a pass rusher but I think they think we need an OLB/DE type who is big, shuts off edge, rushes passer on 3rd down, and does all things well but nothing noticeably great. Thats the parcells way.

I think if we do the traditional two-pick at same position, I think they would do cartwheels if we had Graham at 43 and then have your future LB's set for quite some time. Then we would scadattal for a NT and S. WR would not happen unless we manage to trade Smiley for a pick.

When Morgan was looked at by us, my common sense kicked in with the mindset of Parcells. They need/want a guy to shut off the edge. Thats why we consistantly look at guys who are that size and talk of even moving Merling there. Watch what they say in regards to their system, not in regards to has more flash. I just dont see Graham after the comments about his short arms.

brandon grahams arms at the combine measured out at 32 1/2 inches...they're long enough...the short arms thing has been nixed...good grief we're not talking about a left tackle here

His Pro Day should be today. I'm hoping for good news. Not only do I want the Fins to take him at #12, I at the very least want him to be good enough to where there's no doubt he'll go too high for the Patriots or Jets to be able to get him.

Jeff Ireland let slip during the Q&A of today's press conference that because of Nolan's success using certain players, OLB is specifically a position where they might make exception to their height prototypes.

Excellent news CK. Bryant/Graham/Thomas and life is good.

Someone other than one of those three and it's sad panda.

Jeff Ireland let slip during the Q&A of today's press conference that because of Nolan's success using certain players, OLB is specifically a position where they might make exception to their height prototypes.

I was very happy to see that. I know I've been one of the people saying Brandon Graham was not too likely to be the pick given the history of these guys -- and Ireland even alluded to that -- but I've also been very clear that I was a huge fan of Graham's and would be ecstatic if he were a Dolphin in two weeks.

Not as ecstatic as I would be to have Dez Bryant, or piss-my-pants excited as I would be to have Eric Berry. But still, it'd be a party.

I was very happy to see that. I know I've been one of the people saying Brandon Graham was not too likely to be the pick given the history of these guys -- and Ireland even alluded to that -- but I've also been very clear that I was a huge fan of Graham's and would be ecstatic if he were a Dolphin in two weeks.

Not as ecstatic as I would be to have Dez Bryant, or piss-my-pants excited as I would be to have Eric Berry. But still, it'd be a party.

LOL, nice way of putting it.

i'm glad he's thinking height is something they'll work with on olbs but i sure wish he didn't let the media know that...

cause now no team is gonna be able to say that the dolphins won't take olb x cause he doesn't fit their height requirements etc when debating moving up or who will be available to them likely at future picks...

said too much imo...

Probably said too much, but it was very inoccuous. It's a big deal because you see it presented by me, and I was specifically looking for some chink in the 'prototype' armor. Omar Kelly wrote a piece about this and his thoughts on Karlos Dansby, and in it he walked away thinking that Ireland was only saying that he might make an exception in the lower rounds but definitely not the higher rounds.

For the most part I think they've succeeded in making people think they wouldn't take a guy with Brandon Graham's height at #12. You don't see him mocked to Miami often and there are people out there convinced they wouldn't take him, and speculating hot and heavy about guys like Sergio Kindle.

As a Dolphins fan, I have conditioned myself to disappointment.

That means with all of the sexy talk of Dez Bryant, Brandon Graham, Eric Berry, and Earl Thomas...I can't shake this feeling we go with Dan Williams or JPP and the collective fanbase groans.

Based on Jeff Ireland's press conference today, I would predict the following:

1. Brandon Graham is on the board at #12, but so are Dez Bryant and Earl Thomas.
2. Dan Williams is NOT on the board at #12, they believe they can get a NT later.
3. To that end, bet on Cam Thomas in R2 or R3.
4. I honestly believe Jason Taylor is in their plans.
5. They will not draft Derrick Morgan.

How's that for going on record? We'll see if I'm right or wrong. I could just be making this **** up as I go along though, lol.

Back
Top Bottom