CK's Mock Draft v. 2.0 - 4/6/2010 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CK's Mock Draft v. 2.0 - 4/6/2010

That's exactly who I'd pencil in as well. Morgan's no slouch, after all. If he were more fluid in space I'd project him to us, as well. Still might happen.

with you all the way on that one...i'm uneasy about morgan as an olb also...

i could see as ck said joe haden going there also...i just can't see that guy making it out of the top 15 or so picks...not after he improved his 40 so much at his pro day...and i think every front office that saw his 40 at the combine had to be thinking what kind of stance is that??? no wonder he ran slow...

i haven't seen any play for jerry hughes from us at all...i gotta say i don't get it...

Great mock CK. I can't help but think that we are going for Brandon Graham, he seems to have Parcells / Ireland written across his forehead.

When you watched the tape, how good is he at sinking his hips and sustaining speed?

That's a problem. He didn't often have to sustain speed because of the position he played. I mean, you've watched a ton of Dolphins games I presume. How good is Kendall Langford at sinking his hips and sustaining speed? See what I mean, now?

From what little I have seen, and no doubt the Dolphins have seen a lot more through Senior Bowl practices and workouts, etc, but from what I've seen I think he has the pure ability to sustain speed very well. He has a lot of running ability. I also think that his hip level is fine, and he runs very balanced with his feet under him, giving him COD skills.

Well, nor have wee seen any play for Brandon Graham.

huh...well i saw brandon graham on you alls list of players we have shown interest in that i think boomer put together and i asked him if we had made any contact with graham and he said yes at the senior bowl but none since...

i sure hope hughes is in play...

Kiper was just on Cowherd. Colin loves Parcells so he asked about the Dolphins.

Kiper admitted always liking the Dolphins (shula) and Rams growing up. Mel threw out the usual suspects for Miami, Dan Williams, Sergio Kindle, Earl Thomas, Jerry Hughes and possibly Dez Bryant.

huh...well i saw brandon graham on you alls list of players we have shown interest in that i think boomer put together and i asked him if we had made any contact with graham and he said yes at the senior bowl but none since...

i sure hope hughes is in play...

I'm sure they made contact with most players at the Senior Bowl though.

that youtube video that ck put the link to on here of graham doing lb drills in prep for the combine while somewhat limited eased my concerns about grahams ability to play in space and change direction etc...

he made smooth transitions for my eyes and like ck said was well balanced...no wasted motions either...

i'm sold

Doesn't Hughes have a similar skill set to Wake? When I watch TCU, I always end up marveling more at Washington than Hughes, though I do agree Hughes is the best pass rusher in this draft.

I'm definitely in the minority, but I'd rather have Washington than Hughes.

You know who else is a Dolphins fan, Daniel Tosh from Comedy Central's Tosh.0

I was watching a re-run yesterday and he was making fun of the crying Giants fan who has a YouTube video of him crying his eyes out after the Giants lost in the playoffs. During his monologue Tosh said "The only time I cried over football was when Tom Brady got injured, and those were tears of joy. Your coach is a cheater, your rings are a lie, go back home you Michigan backup. I'm a Dolphins fan. We lose a lot (thanks to the 'Wildcat'). But I save my tears for important things, like when I get a stain on my cardigan sweater."

Was a great moment. When he did his segment with the crying Giants kid, he was wearing a Dolphins shirt.

My Dolphins Draft Board Looks Like this...

1. Eric Berry-FS-Tennessee
2. Dez Bryant-WR-Oklahoma State
3. Sergio Kindle-OLB-Texas
4. CJ Spiller-RB-Clemson
5. Earl Thomas-FS-Texas
6. Brandon Graham-OLB-Michigan
7. Jared Odrick-DT-Penn State
8. Derrick Morgan-SOLB-Georgia Tech
9. Dan Williams-NT-Tennessee
10. Rolando McClain-ILB-Alabama

Doesn't Hughes have a similar skill set to Wake? When I watch TCU, I always end up marveling more at Washington than Hughes, though I do agree Hughes is the best pass rusher in this draft.

I'm definitely in the minority, but I'd rather have Washington than Hughes.

Actually yeah that is one concern about Hughes is he's become such a dangerous player because he's such a good outside pass rusher with a wide variety of moves and speed to kill. But I think he's just that good period, he can play standing up and has good leg power, moves like a scatback. He's a Cameron Wake+, not a Cameron Wake.

I do like Washington a lot. He's a very attacking player that can most definitely play three downs in the NFL and he flashes the ability to get off blocks which means the upside is that he COULD end up the absolute ideal 3-4 ILB. It's hard to find a three down 3-4 ILB.

"I also really like where you have Kindle and the reasoning you gave behind it. He thinks and plays like a stand-up linebacker...which is what he will be asked to do in the NFL....not DE... You and I might be the only two people around here that like Kindle... When you forecast his skillset and athletic ability to the next level in a 2-point stance....there's not a helluva lot NOT to like..."

Count me in as another person that really likes Kindle and would be ecstatic if he is our pick. The reason he is not ranked high on most mock drafts is because he would not be able to play in a 4-3 and would be a wasted pick for those teams. If every team in the league ran a 3-4 he would be mocked in the top ten easily.

He is the prototype playmaking 3-4 OLB we need for Nolan's schemes. Everyone else is a question mark whether they can transition to 3-4 OLB except maybe Graham because that was his position in high school.

If Dez is off the board I would try to trade down between 13-21 and then take Kindle as all of the teams there except Pittsburgh (who is stacked at OLB and won't pick one) plays a 4-3 defense and probably won't take Kindle.

A Cam Wake + is certainly a good thing. #12 overall good? I'm not sure I've come that far on Hughes, and with positional value, and other talent there, I wouldn't take Washington at 12, but at 43 I'd consider it depending on who is there.

I'm also in the camp that thinks Culver could be fine as FS this year though. So many different ways we could go this year, I really wish we had another second rounder.

Back
Top Bottom