CK's Mock Draft v. 2.0 - 4/6/2010 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CK's Mock Draft v. 2.0 - 4/6/2010

I dont see Cleveland going with Odrick either. I think its a smokescreen and they'll take Clausen or Berry.

As for Brandon Graham, I love this pick! I've been on this guy since the Wolverines played Wisconsin last last year and REALLY hope he's wearing our cap on draft night.

I really like where you have Kareem Jackson going....I think he's the perfect fit for the Steelers and Dick Lebeau...

I also really like where you have Kindle and the reasoning you gave behind it. He thinks and plays like a stand-up linebacker...which is what he will be asked to do in the NFL....not DE... You and I might be the only two people around here that like Kindle... When you forecast his skillset and athletic ability to the next level in a 2-point stance....there's not a helluva lot NOT to like...

I don't think Clausen makes it past the 49ers....if he does...someone will trade up for him before he ever makes it to Minnesota...(which would be an EXCELLENT spot for him though)....

Yeah I hate to just openly hate on Kindle constantly like others do. I do see the problems with his direction change ability and footwork. I think in general he wastes a lot of his own body motion which can slow him down. I just think he looks inexperienced and wonder if he'll look cleaner in lets say a year from now? Less wasted motion, quicker direction change? What happens when you just allow that explosion to shine?

I don't want him at #12...absolutely not, think there are much better guys available. But I'm not saying "no" at #43 that's for sure.

And actually I had Kareem to the Steelers in my first iteration, I think his physical style as well as his man to man cover skills, as you say...good scheme fit.

You could be right about Clausen to the 49ers. I could see Mike Singletary thinking he doesn't care what anyone says about his personality, he'll shape him into a football player with his fiery eyes or maybe by pulling his pants down and showing him his naked buttocks. ;)

Hey CK, if Dez is still available at 12, do you still take Graham? And yes, I have seen your big board, but I still have to ask?

LOL. It's ok I won't bite. The answer is yes. My short board is

1. Eric Berry
2. Dez Bryant
3. Brandon Graham
4. C.J. Spiller

That's my short board by the way, not the Dolphins' short board. I don't know what theirs' looks like, though I could make some educated guesses.

i'm not warming to kindle...but i can see him going to the pats there if graham is off the board...

i see you've bought into the jared odrich to the browns hype...i think its pure smokescreen personally and that cleveland would jump at eric berry if he was there...

i also don't see how tampa goes o tackle with a guy like gerald mccoy staring them in the face...tampa actually offered more contract money to haynesworth all told when he was a free agent so i think they're willing to spend top 3 money on a dt...

other than that and taylor mays at #21 to cinci i don't really see much to argue with you about...i think cinci would pounce on jermaine gresham if he's there with that pick...but if not baltimore for sure would as you have forecasted...

as for my landing spot for jared odrich...new england if graham is off the board at pick #22 over kindle to replace seymour...

Yes I have bought into it hook, line and sinker. I was ready to put him at #7 to the Browns 6-7 weeks ago but decided against it with someone like Spiller on the board. It doesn't take much to be a guy that wouldn't take a safety at a #7 overall pick, it's actually kind of a default stance...and I can see Mike Holmgren thinking exactly that.

As for the Tampa thing I admit that's just my hunch. I'm not sure I buy reports about them having offered Haynesworth more money. I think they're ridiculously cheap and they would look to trade out for a crust of stale bread and a sip of caffeine free diet pepsi. Absent that they'll go for the highest player rated at a position that actually gets paid the kind of money they'll be on the hook for at #3.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can finally agree with Mel Kiper today when he said this team needs flash...On either side of the ball...it needs a star for the 3-4 or a star on offense...

bryant, spiller....offensive stars

kindo, graham, williams 3-4 stars...

the intrigue is over earl thomas...he fits a need and has had 2 looks...id say the trifecta is interested...

I don't think the Browns are impervious to leaks happening 2 weeks before the draft. I think they're impervious to leaks happening 3 months before the draft. Joe Haden was the smoke screen. I think Odrick is the real deal.

LOL. It's ok I won't bite. The answer is yes. My short board is

1. Eric Berry
2. Dez Bryant
3. Brandon Graham
4. C.J. Spiller

That's my short board by the way, not the Dolphins' short board. I don't know what theirs' looks like, though I could make some educated guesses.

Whats your educated guess?

I've been thinking Graham could very well be our guy for a long time..

Been talking about it/him for months. Take away the height thing, but he has all the other 10 things this front office looks for in a player... more than anyone else that we could land aside from Berry (and even he's a reach as he won't be there at 12 and we'd have to trade up for him).

Graham would be a great, solid pick. And a very safe one. You don't have to worry about the bust factor at all with this guy.,

Jake, Vontae, Graham as your 3 first rounders in your first 3 years with the team?? What a great improvement compared to the incompetence we had previously running the team.

There's no silly Teddy Bear Ginn and J Allen picks in that mix.... at least not in the 1st round. heh

The first thing that stands out is 4 of the first 5 picks are lineman, 3 being OT. Is this teams choosing the safe route or is the talent real top heavy on the line this year? The Jags are the one team that I am worried will take Dez off the board. If not, it will be interesting to see if they go with Dez over Graham.

I have been watching Graham for a couple of seasons. Although he is just shy of what they like in size, I don't think it will prevent them from taking him. He stood out on a horrible Michigan defense last year. His speed and power from the edge were quite impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Dez and Berry went off the board with the 2 picks right before us I would seriously be sick to my stomach.

That being said, I'm sticking to my prediction that Graham will 100% NOT be our pick. I'd say Earl Thomas, Derrick Morgan or Sergio Kindle are more likely there.

I find it hard to believe the Jaguars would look anywhere other than their defensive front seven that high. Sure, they could use another receiver. And a right guard. And two new starting safeties. But they only had like 14 sacks last year, which is beyond pitiful. More than anything else they need to find ways to rush the passer. The Kampman signing was a good one but I don't think they're going to feel comfortable leaving it at that, especially with him coming off an injury and being no spring chicken.

I find it hard to believe the Jaguars would look anywhere other than their defensive front seven that high. Sure, they could use another receiver. And a right guard. And two new starting safeties. But they only had like 14 sacks last year, which is beyond pitiful. More than anything else they need to find ways to rush the passer. The Kampman signing was a good one but I don't think they're going to feel comfortable leaving it at that, especially with him coming off an injury and being no spring chicken.

The arguments against Dez on this site are basically that we need to build defense. That is the same logic you're applying to the Jags. Those for Dez feel there is enough talent in a very deep draft to get Dez at 12 and build the defense after.

So my question to you is, do you prefer Dez at 12 or filling a defensive hole?

Oakland and Al Davis is such a wild card I expect them to reach for someone yet again, so The pick in CK's Mock would not surprise me a bit. As for the Fins Graham would be a good pick, but if Berry happens to fall to us no question we take him. I expect Dez off the board before the Fins pick. If its between Graham or Thomas. I think it's Thomas by a hair, either way both player will fill a hole and both should be able to start as a rookie.

Back
Top Bottom