classic gus quote.. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

classic gus quote..

We know Gus stinks, everyone knows the guy stinks ok.....do we need to look for every little thing to try and demean the guy. Give the man a break, he is trying to win football games.

thecoordinator said:
reporter: How do you look at your ugly performance last game (Chiefs), because it seemed like more than any game this season you just missed some passes?

gus: Yeah I missed some throws last game. And um, you know, you just miss some sometimes.

miss some sometimes? :shakeno:

Correct me if I'm wrong but Gus was never here with Wanny was he ??? That sounds like a classic Wanny, except he forgot to say from "his standpoint"....

ch19079 said:
what did you want him to say?

"i didnt miss any, your just blind"...

sometimes the QB does miss the reciever. that doesnt make him an idiot.

The operative word here is 'sometimes'...The qb misses sometimes, but not nearly as much as he has been. Besides this offense is predicated on him hitting those long balls more often and throwing the ball sot hat the recievers can get YACs, which he is not doing at all...no, he's not an idiot..just a subpar QB...

What is it that you would have the guy say? He missed some passes. He has NEVER been a great QB. He's a stronger-armed version of Jay Fiedler with less mobility, and less interception prone. That's about all he has ever been, nothing more.

But just what is it you would have the guy say in response to that question?

ohall said:
I'm sure Saban has but when you have what is supposed to be an ELITE WR on your team in CC QB will never be where the blame game will start or should ever start.

That is a great comment! Do you even know football? What great WR in the game today does not have a better than average if not great QB? Name one! Please I need to hear this, because I am sick of the CC bashing.

Who?

death7star said:
gus can't carry marino's jockstrap.
stop defending gus.

it's not defending...

marino missed a few gus missed a **** load

cnyphinfan said:
That is a great comment! Do you even know football? What great WR in the game today does not have a better than average if not great QB? Name one! Please I need to hear this, because I am sick of the CC bashing.

Who?

Randy moss = Kerry collins

Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitz = well someone

Torry holt = Bulger

Joe horn = Brooks

Steve Smith = Delhomme

To me thats all avg QB's

but youll say that they all are above avg of the group I would take maybe Brooks

shellgh0st said:
Exactly. The problem isn't just one WR. Its beyond that. Its the WRs/TEs/RBs that have all had to make diving catches/attempts to catch the ball. We'd have to assume that Gus is accurate and everyone around him is not running the correct route. That doesn't add up, especially, when Gus has a history of accuracy problems.

BUT HE KNOWS THE SYSTEM.................:shakeno:

So what’s wrong with this quote? It’s the truth – sometimes you hit, sometimes you miss. And it’s not entirely his fault – I’ve noticed all of the receivers, to include McMichael, dropping big passes this year.

After a 4-12 season, did you guys expect a miracle?

And to his credit, at least Gus can move around the pocket and dodge defenders …let’s see Marino do that.

And one more thing – get over Marino. He’s retired. It’s time to look forward, not back.

Marc790 said:

And to his credit, at least Gus can move around the pocket and dodge defenders …let’s see Marino do that.

are you suggesting that marino couldn't do that? he certainly couldn't do that NOW, but moving around in the pocket was one of the strengths of his game. he just couldn't leave the pocket.

Marc790 said:
So what’s wrong with this quote? It’s the truth – sometimes you hit, sometimes you miss. And it’s not entirely his fault – I’ve noticed all of the receivers, to include McMichael, dropping big passes this year.

And one more thing – get over Marino. He’s retired. It’s time to look forward, not back.
True, sometimes you miss, but an nfl caliber QB should not miss on screen passes, and wide open recievers in the endzone. I think that was the point. I think everyone is also aware Dan is retired.

duss12 said:
Randy moss = Kerry collins

Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitz = well someone

Torry holt = Bulger

Joe horn = Brooks

Steve Smith = Delhomme

To me thats all avg QB's

but youll say that they all are above avg of the group I would take maybe Brooks

All of those QBs are decent, much much better than who CC has had to catch balls from! Anybody who says they would take any of our QBs during CC's career over any of the above is NUTS!! :shakeno:

Marc790 said:

Let's not compare the best QB to ever play the game.. and Gus. Not a good idea buddy.

i wonder does gus think that the wrs are screwing up the routes and the o line isnt giving him 8 seconds to throw and that's why his throws are off. seems like what saban is echoing.

Back
Top Bottom