Colin Kaepernick: What Are The Chances... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Colin Kaepernick: What Are The Chances...

I honestly can't believe we're discussing Colin Kaepernick on a Dolphins board. I'm sure they'd love to discuss him on www.theganggreen.com. Maybe Junc can get involved and turn it into a Mark Sanchez thread?

I'll bite.

If this scenario would happen, I would hope we would be smarter than the majority of NFL teams and sign a starting QB in Kaep rather than limp along with the limitations of Matt Moore. But the situation remains that we would probably ride it out w/ Moore since we're currently paying him a pretty penny to hold the backup spot.

Fully agree with you about Moore, he's wasting a roster spot for me. But, as intriguing as Kaep is, he needs an offense shaped for him. He's never going to be able to step in mid -game and run many of the league's offensive schemes when the lead QB goes down. The whole PlayBook would have to be changed for his game. He might do very well in his own system but there are very few teams where he could be the understudy and take over their existing O. I'd have thought Seattle was one of the only possible candidates.

Fully agree with you about Moore, he's wasting a roster spot for me. But, as intriguing as Kaep is, he needs an offense shaped for him. He's never going to be able to step in mid -game and run many of the league's offensive schemes when the lead QB goes down. The whole PlayBook would have to be changed for his game. He might do very well in his own system but there are very few teams where he could be the understudy and take over their existing O. I'd have thought Seattle was one of the only possible candidates.

I used to think that way, like forever, until last season. Matt Moore is one of the very few backup NFL QB's that could have rattled off wins at the end of the season under so much adversity when it mattered most like he did.

IMO, Matt Moore just earned his paycheck for the next year or two here.

In general the playbook is minimized for any backup but although Kaep's abilities tend to meld closer to that of Tannehill in the running QB category, I agree it would take too much time for him to grasp our offensive concepts on a short notice and would require a complete revamp to plug him him.

I used to think that way, like forever, until last season. Matt Moore is one of the very few backup NFL QB's that could have rattled off wins at the end of the season under so much adversity when it mattered most like he did.

IMO, Matt Moore just earned his paycheck for the next year or two here.

Moore almost threw the Buffalo game away had the ball not been taken from his hands and placed in Ajayi's in the last stretch and overtime. We was also awful vs Pitt. I sure hope we don't continue to waste the possibility of developing a future or backup QB to simply have Moore tag along. He's barely insurance to limp the offense along.

If RT went down and Moore was either hurt or unable to perform adequately I would be willing to bet that Jay Cutler would be the choice. He would already have an understanding of the offense Gase runs which would be of more value than the difference in skill between Kaep and Cutler, assuming you perceive Kaep as better for short term fix. Long Term Tannehill is the QB end of discussion.

If RT went down and Moore was either hurt or unable to perform adequately I would be willing to bet that Jay Cutler would be the choice. He would already have an understanding of the offense Gase runs which would be of more value than the difference in skill between Kaep and Cutler, assuming you perceive Kaep as better for short term fix. Long Term Tannehill is the QB end of discussion.

I agree. With Cutlers understanding of this offense, I'd take him over Kaep in a heartbeat. Kaep killed us running and passing in the game last yr and he should be given a chance to start somewhere. His numbers were pretty good last year when it was all said and done, but Cutlers the better fit. Personally, I'd rather see Jay as the backup here over Moore.

Colin Kaepernick's accuracy is very inconsistent and he is bad at going through progressions. He'd be a poor fit for our offense.

I'm no fan of Jay Cutler, but I think he'd be a better option as an emergency quarterback if we were in that situation, due to him knowing the offense and also that I think he's a better fit for what we do offensively.

Last edited:
I'll bite.

If this scenario would happen, I would hope we would be smarter than the majority of NFL teams and sign a starting QB in Kaep rather than limp along with the limitations of Matt Moore. But the situation remains that we would probably ride it out w/ Moore since we're currently paying him a pretty penny to hold the backup spot.

Wow .. you have seen the guy play and you honestly believe he has ability? Poor accuracy and terrible ability to read defenses ... gimme a break, Kap suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Seeing how he isn't signed because of that yeah I think it is relevant in this thread.

Seeing as it is against the forum rules it isnt optional. Take it to the pofo or post it on another forum.

How do you not understand, RT HAS WORKED OUT!!! It's over man!. So you saying 21 ranking qb have work out. maybe not to you. He still is question mark to me and rest of nfl. What have he done. I need see more of thill17 to make that call. I think Gase and ajayi makes thill17 look better than what he may be. if dolphins win we all win.
They can show you things all day long,
but you don't understand what you're looking at to begin with. So it's kind of a moot point.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom