Colledge- Starter or Depth? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Colledge- Starter or Depth?

Jerry was good in pass blocking but, nothing on the run. Shelly is good on the run but, nothing in pass protect. Finding an OG who can do both around average would be a VG thing. Cog was actually one but, not a good fit, among other things. lol

I think Cog was very overated PFF wise and on field wise. He has never been deserving of a pro bowl although its pure popularity. That being said Incognito who I think was very average was better than any guard we have on roster. Im glad he is gone though. He is an idiot , a poor leader and a pure headcase.
Cogs as a player doesn't hurt you on the oline with his play. If you have top level people around him your line will be solid. if you have the crap we had last year he wont make it beter

Jerry was good in pass blocking but, nothing on the run. Shelly is good on the run but, nothing in pass protect. Finding an OG who can do both around average would be a VG thing. Cog was actually one but, not a good fit, among other things. lol

That's another reason I don't feel like Smith is an upgrade to anybody. St Louis for all its flaws has a decent line coach and he didn't seem to see Shelly as anything special. Hell our own line coach dindt think he was good enough to keep on roster in Houston so who knows.

No clue... depth I hope

I think Cog was very overated PFF wise and on field wise. He has never been deserving of a pro bowl although its pure popularity. That being said Incognito who I think was very average was better than any guard we have on roster. Im glad he is gone though. He is an idiot , a poor leader and a pure headcase.
Cogs as a player doesn't hurt you on the oline with his play. If you have top level people around him your line will be solid. if you have the crap we had last year he wont make it beter

I watched Cog on tape since he came here. He was not a Pro Bowl player but, he was average or above each year. I'll take that, and twice on Sundays, for two OG's.

I watched Cog on tape since he came here. He was not a Pro Bowl player but, he was average or above each year. I'll take that, and twice on Sundays, for two OG's.

I would agree he was average as a player but he was definitely not worth the extra that he brought with him.

I would agree he was average as a player but he was definitely not worth the extra that he brought with him.

Well ...

As much as it bit us directly in the ass last season, he did rid us of the *****. :chuckle:

Well ...

As much as it bit us directly in the ass last season, he did rid us of the *****. :chuckle:

yea just another wasted second round pick. Who knows maybe if you don't have a toxic player like Cogs this never becomes an issue. Martin was a decent oline prospect for us before the meltdown.
he needed a lot of improvement but he had been far from a bust on the field. As a prospect don't see James as superior to him. MArtin was actually much better than James in college even though that means nothing at pro level.

yea just another wasted second round pick. Who knows maybe if you don't have a toxic player like Cogs this never becomes an issue. Martin was a decent oline prospect for us before the meltdown.
he needed a lot of improvement but he had been far from a bust on the field. As a prospect don't see James as superior to him. MArtin was actually much better than James in college even though that means nothing at pro level.

Whoa whoa whoa.. Decent o line prospect before the bust?! That was one of the worst rookie seasons i have seen from a o lineman from an effort and strength standpoint.. In his second year he got yanked from LT mid season than you get your bust..
Luck would always have to turn his shoulders and run at Stanford too.. He didnt just learn how to move in the nfl

Whoa whoa whoa.. Decent o line prospect before the bust?! That was one of the worst rookie seasons i have seen from a o lineman from an effort and strength standpoint.. In his second year he got yanked from LT mid season than you get your bust..
Luck would always have to turn his shoulders and run at Stanford too.. He didnt just learn how to move in the nfl

martin was one of the best pass protectors in college. as for getting yanked he still was starting and mckinnie cannot play right tackle. if he didn't quit on team he would still be a starter for us.

I don't think wages should come into it when a team is selected. It comes down to being the best during training camp and pre season. If Colledge is the best at centre or tackle, then he starts.

Back
Top Bottom