College Football 2006 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

College Football 2006

AirFishOne

3peat Big XII Champs!
Reaction score
Well well well..... A very memorable season that brought you the downfall of a "Trojan Dynasty," the rise of the once great Fighting Irish, the Cinderella story in West Virginia, the fall of some of yesteryears elite teams (Michigan, Tennessee, and Oklahoma) and teh passing of a torch to a man who was criticized for not being a complete QB in Vince Young.

So how do you think this next year will turn out....?

Post thoughts and I will "sooner" or later :D

AirFishOne said:
Well well well..... A very memorable season that brought you the downfall of a "Trojan Dynasty," the rise of the once great Fighting Irish, the Cinderella story in West Virginia, the fall of some of yesteryears elite teams (Michigan, Tennessee, and Oklahoma) and teh passing of a torch to a man who was criticized for not being a complete QB in Vince Young.

So how do you think this next year will turn out....?

Post thoughts and I will "sooner" or later :D

I can't believe you said that. Wow.

...Anyway, if Vince Young returns, they have to be the favorite again. USC will be up there too with John David Booty (a Louisiana guy) taking over. His arm puts Leinart's to shame.

Ohio State is dynamite. West Virginia will be good with the two sophs, but will they be able to sneak up on people again???

LSU and Florida should be the SEC championship, with the winner going to a BCS game. (Auburn could have a say in that too, as much as I hate to say it.)

If Notre Dame can improve their D, they should be in the mix. Oklahoma's young offensive line will have to step up and Bomar become a more complete passer if they want to put their name into the hat.

It'll be really interesting.

trust me I was taught a lesson to cherish every win this year

but 8-4 at Oklahoma is a disapointment, 11-1 is one too :D

It was a good year. Obviously if Vince returns Texas would be the heavy favorite. Ohio State will definitely make some noise as long as they can fill the void at LB. The SEC should be great as usual, i like that championship prediction DD!

Pre-season top 10 brought to you by AirFishOne (Nike Swoosh)

1. Texas - I hate to put them here so much but I must. This all depends on if he comes back. They will be tested early again against a Ohio St. team who could of played USC good as well. Be sure to remeber October 6th as it will be far more better than last years game. However the D may be a weak point as tehy lose many star players.

2. Ohio St. - Super loaded team, outstanding defense even with the loss of thier All-American linebacker A.J Hawk and John Carpenter. The offense should be fine with Smith, Pittman, and Ginn Jr. back. I pick the upset in Austin, tOSU over Texas.

3. West Virginia - A team that just gets older and more experinced, I think they may have a great run but I think the big teams will take them a bit more seirously. Great stacked offense, D is still a question mark however, if they can patch up the D, look out for the "Big Least" to make another run on why they deserve a BCS bid.

4. USC - Loss of many star players, could resemble the 05 Sooners, as an off-and on team. Will still get a BCS bowl bid due to the major suckiness of the Pac-10. If the younger guys step up and fill the huge shoes left by superstars, look for USC to still compete with the elite.

5. LSU - Great momentum for next year, and an outstanding Defense, defently Top 3 material. However the SEC being a great conference could give their 'young' offense some truoble, but look for the defense to carry this team more than ever, will win SEC.

Wow, thats a bit high for WVU IMO. I'd have them in the 6-7 range but they could surprise none the less, they definitely have a favorable schedule.

AirFishOne said:
Pre-season top 10 brought to you by AirFishOne (Nike Swoosh)

1. Texas - I hate to put them here so much but I must. This all depends on if he comes back. They will be tested early again against a Ohio St. team who could of played USC good as well. Be sure to remeber October 6th as it will be far more better than last years game. However the D may be a weak point as tehy lose many star players.

2. Ohio St. - Super loaded team, outstanding defense even with the loss of thier All-American linebacker A.J Hawk and John Carpenter. The offense should be fine with Smith, Pittman, and Ginn Jr. back. I pick the upset in Austin, tOSU over Texas.

3. West Virginia - A team that just gets older and more experinced, I think they may have a great run but I think the big teams will take them a bit more seirously. Great stacked offense, D is still a question mark however, if they can patch up the D, look out for the "Big Least" to make another run on why they deserve a BCS bid.

4. USC - Loss of many star players, could resemble the 05 Sooners, as an off-and on team. Will still get a BCS bowl bid due to the major suckiness of the Pac-10. If the younger guys step up and fill the huge shoes left by superstars, look for USC to still compete with the elite.

5. LSU - Great momentum for next year, and an outstanding Defense, defently Top 3 material. However the SEC being a great conference could give their 'young' offense some truoble, but look for the defense to carry this team more than ever, will win SEC.

Can't really argue with that.

6. Florida - Urban Meyer sure did biacth slap me in the face for me not beleive he could coach in the big conferences. For that I am srry to Gator Nation. Anyway, Leak should be better as he gets more knowlegable in Meyer's system. Great Defesne with young talent coming in. May win SEC if LSU slips up.

7. Oklahoma - The growth of many young players should be noticed this season. Adrian Peterson will still be the heart and soul but will be able to rest easier now that Bomar is starting to make noise. O-line gets younger, but JUCO recruits keep on comin in for the Sooners. If everything goes as planned and AD doesnt get hurt, look for a possible BCS At-Large bid as our only loss will be to Texas (MAYBE) :cool:

8. Notre Dame - Will improve from this year greatly, Wies has made noise in just one year, what can he do in 2 years? Brady Quinn will stil be at the helm and will carry this team throughout the year, D will have to step in big games such as Michigan and USC.

SpeedRush99 said:
It was a good year. Obviously if Vince returns Texas would be the heavy favorite. Ohio State will definitely make some noise as long as they can fill the void at LB. The SEC should be great as usual, i like that championship prediction DD!

I can't believe I forgot to mention this earlier.

My roomate and I are definitely planning on traveling to Gainsville this fall for the LSU/Florida game.

My sister and bro-in-law live in Tampa, and they probably will want to come with us. They are huge LSU fans.

So, maybe we can hook up and tailgate and have a beer or 12 before the game SpeedRush.

AirFishOne said:
6. Florida - Urban Meyer sure did biacth slap me in the face for me not beleive he could coach in the big conferences. For that I am srry to Gator Nation. Anyway, Leak should be better as he gets more knowlegable in Meyer's system and grows some balls to run the ball and not slide like a little b1tch! Great Defesne with young talent coming in. May win SEC if LSU slips up.

:lol: Fixed

9. Oregon - Young players in Brady Leaf and Dennis Dixon should get Oregon hyped up and rdy for the 06 season. Defense suffers greatly with the loss of Ngata and the O loses some all stars in Demetrius Williams, Kellen Clemmens, and Terrance Whitehead. Will not win 10 games, or the Pac-10 again, mayb another birth in the Holiday bowl again for the Ducks.

10. Miami - This team is in dissaray. Many new coaches will now take control at the U. However a younger team, again, continues to get better. Offense will be at regular Miami expectations, D should be top 5 material again. This could be the year for Miami to take the ACC, that is if they get pass FSU.

DolphinDevil28 said:
I can't believe I forgot to mention this earlier.

My roomate and I are definitely planning on traveling to Gainsville this fall for the LSU/Florida game.

My sister and bro-in-law live in Tampa, and they probably will want to come with us. They are huge LSU fans.

So, maybe we can hook up and tailgate and have a beer or 12 before the game SpeedRush.

Awesome. My sister lives near Jacksonville. I definitely plan on making it to at least one game next season, haven't decided which one though. They play the Vols and the Criminoles away this season so LSU sounds like a good one.

not that anyone cares but since Oregon is just next door, me and my dad will attend the game on September 16 in the Autzen Zoo, should be a great match, but ya know who will win ;)

Back
Top Bottom