College Football 2006 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

College Football 2006

papafin said:
Too much respect for UM, imo. We're handcuffed with a ******ed head coach whose players quit on him. But he took notes on the R.C. Slocum memorandum entitled "Keeping your $2 million gig for one more year", so he's not out yet. Miami will be 9-3 at best, more likely 7-5.

I was gonna comment on that but didn't want all the Cane fans getting all worked up, even though I think most of them are the ones complaining :lol:

I stand corrected. i hadn't heard about this yet.

The BCS will use a "double hosting" format beginning with the games played after the 2006 regular season. Under this model there will be five (5) BCS games annually, including the National Championship game. The four BCS bowl games (Orange, Fiesta, Sugar, Rose) will be held annually, in addition to a National Championship game that will rotate among those four bowl sites each year. Once every four years, one of the aforementioned bowls will host two BCS games: its traditional bowl game and the National Championship game.

Future BCS Schedules

Following 2006 Regular Season:
Jan. 1, 2007 - Fiesta Bowl
Jan. 1, 2007 - Rose Bowl
Jan. 2, 2007 - Orange Bowl
Jan. 3, 2007 - Sugar Bowl
Jan. 8, 2007 - National Championship Game (Phoenix)

Following 2007 Regular Season:
Jan. 1, 2008: Sugar Bowl
Jan. 1, 2008: Rose Bowl
Jan. 2, 2008: Fiesta Bowl
Jan. 3, 2008: Orange Bowl
Jan. 8, 2008: National Championship Game (New Orleans)

Following 2008 Regular Season:
Jan. 1, 2009: Orange Bowl
Jan. 1, 2009: Rose Bowl
Jan. 2, 2009: Sugar Bowl
Jan. 5, 2009: Fiesta Bowl
Jan. 8, 2009: National Championship Game (Miami)

Following 2009 Regular Season:
Jan. 1, 2010: Sugar Bowl
Jan. 1, 2010: Rose Bowl
Jan. 4, 2010: Fiesta Bowl
Jan. 5, 2010: Orange Bowl
Jan. 8, 2010: National Championship Game (Pasadena)

Florida well is a toss up but I like LSU just cause the D will hassle Leak all day, and we all know what happened when a good D hassles him.

Again, jmo, but I doubt LSU will fare nearly as well next year. No disrespect to LSU fans, but Miles is almost as ******ed as ScapeCoker. They're in almost identical situations, actually. Both took over teams of monster recruiters. Miles is just a couple of years behind Coker in his tenure with his new gig.

I hope (for LSU fans' sake) Les proves to be better at maintaining excellence of a strong football program. He probably couldn't be any worse. ;)

papafin said:
Again, jmo, but I doubt LSU will fare nearly as well next year. No disrespect to LSU fans, but Miles is almost as ******ed as ScapeCoker. They're in almost identical situations, actually. Both took over teams of monster recruiters. Miles is just a couple of years behind Coker in his tenure with his new gig.

I hope (for LSU fans' sake) Les proves to be better at maintaining excellence of a strong football program. He probably couldn't be any worse. ;)

I have to agree somewhat. I still think they'll be contenders though. Miles isn't nearly the same level as coach as Saban was. Hey DD, what was your first reaction when Miles was named coach?

papafin said:

Well, first let me say this. Les Miles is an awesome recruiter. His gameday coaching may leave a little to be desired. But he gets the talent.

At OK State, he was the "little brother" program in Oklahoma. All the big recruits went to OU.
Now, he's the big dog. LSU is KING in Louisiana, and we also get great recruits from Texas, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida.

Coker has to contend with Florida and FSU for recruits. I don't think talent will ever be a problem at LSU. I just think that Miles will have to prove his worth for gameday coaching. NO ONE was better at that than Nick Saban.

SpeedRush99 said:
I have to agree somewhat. I still think they'll be contenders though. Miles isn't nearly the same level as coach as Saban was. Hey DD, what was your first reaction when Miles was named coach?

I don't remember. I was still in ecstacy from Nick Saban being named Dolphins head coach. :D

The buzz still hasn't worn off.

DolphinDevil28 said:
I don't remember. I was still in ecstacy from Nick Saban being named Dolphins head coach. :D

The buzz still hasn't worn off.

That must have been good, could u imagine if he was coaching teh Bills!!!!! :cry:

papafin said:
Too much respect for UM, imo. We're handcuffed with a ******ed head coach whose players quit on him. But he took notes on the R.C. Slocum memorandum entitled "Keeping your $2 million gig for one more year", so he's not out yet. Miami will be 9-3 at best, more likely 7-5.

I dont see 9-3

10-2 is more likley

The coaching staff is being overhauled that should actually help make us less predictable

I doubt there will be a national championship but you never know in college football

If the recievers decide they wanna run and the O-line blocks next year there is a shot

Oklahoma 2006 Schedule (as of now) and my predictions.

Washington @ OU.........W 42-13 (cmon its washington)
OU @ Oregon...............W 35-21 (they lose alot, but still tough)
UAB @ OU...................W 52-14 (they score 2 late TDs with our scrubs in)
OU @ Oklahoma St. ......W 37-33 (they want revenge)
*Bye Week*................W :D (AD gets rdy for Texas)
Texas v.s OU...............W 23-13 (No Vince Young = yet another win)
Iowa St at OU..............W 45-21 (a tough up and coming team, could be good)
Colorado @ OU.............W 30-14 (interesting matchup with Hawkins now coach of the Buffs)
OU @ Missou...............W 28-7 (No Brad Smith = see Texas above)
OU @ Texas A&M.........W 35-28 (the 12th man is tough for any opponet)
Texas Tech @ OU........W 77-0 (REVENGE FOR THE TERRIBLE OFFICIATED GAME IN LUBBOCK :fire:)
OU @ Baylor................W 28-0 (Stoops brings the dogs out early)
*Open Week*

Well im a homer I cant say they will lose a game, but if I had to pick some losses they would be Oregon, Texas, or Texas A&M but we wont

Back
Top Bottom