College hoops thread - Tourney/bubble talk | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

College hoops thread - Tourney/bubble talk

Strong 2nd half for Bama last night. You have to respect the job that coach has done. They are playing great team ball down the stretch.

That's good news for UM- great news. They have a great chance to make the Tourney but they must finish strong and have a nice showing in Atlanta next week.

As long as they finish 4th or 5th, I think they'll be alright. Beat NCSU and BC, and they're in.

Winning a game or two in the ACCs wouldn't be bad either, but it's not necessary.

Louisville loses to South Florida tonight. At home. On Senior Night.

I can tell you that the U of L fanbase is NOT happy with Rick Pitino right now. In his post game comments he said South Florida is the better basketball team. Seriously Rick? We pay you millions of dollars and give you the best basketball arena in the country for this crap? Not only are they losing, but the brand of basketball is horrendously boring? Sometimes I feel like I'm watching a Big 10 team. I would almost rather have a root canal.

If you would have told me in 2001 when he was hired that 11 years later he would have only 1 Final Four, no NCs, multiple NCAA first or second round exits, and an embarrassing off the court scandal, I would have slapped the taste out of your mouth and called you crazy. Oh and it's never his fault. It's always the players. That's why this city LOVES Charlie Strong. He tells it like it is. If it's the kid's fault he'll say, but if it's his or the coaching staff's fault then he'll say that too.

Miami is probably back out right now, they need a good showing in the ACC Tourney.

as for UL, Pitino was done w/ that scandal. They should have moved on at that time. USF is an ok team, UL should not be losing to them at home. it's a joke USF is anywhere near being a Tourney team, they have feastetd on the incredibly weak bottom half of the BE, they beat no one of significane in non conf and lost to ODU, Penn State, lost to KU by 28, Auburn, USM. They have one quality win and it came last night.

Louisville loses to South Florida tonight. At home. On Senior Night.

I can tell you that the U of L fanbase is NOT happy with Rick Pitino right now. In his post game comments he said South Florida is the better basketball team. Seriously Rick? We pay you millions of dollars and give you the best basketball arena in the country for this crap? Not only are they losing, but the brand of basketball is horrendously boring? Sometimes I feel like I'm watching a Big 10 team. I would almost rather have a root canal.

If you would have told me in 2001 when he was hired that 11 years later he would have only 1 Final Four, no NCs, multiple NCAA first or second round exits, and an embarrassing off the court scandal, I would have slapped the taste out of your mouth and called you crazy. Oh and it's never his fault. It's always the players. That's why this city LOVES Charlie Strong. He tells it like it is. If it's the kid's fault he'll say, but if it's his or the coaching staff's fault then he'll say that too.

I like Pitino a lot but it might be time for him to hang it up. I'm also surprised that u guys haven't won a national championship since he arrived there.

I like Pitino a lot but it might be time for him to hang it up. I'm also surprised that u guys haven't won a national championship since he arrived there.

It all comes down to recruiting. I read that since he's been here he's had 70 players come through the program. That's alot. He's had alot of kids transfer. They come in here, aren't any good, and then transfer out. For every Francisco Garcia (drafted by the Kings) there's a Jonathan Huffman, Chad Millard, and Sebastian Telfair. They all either transferred or in Telfair's case, never made it to campus.

It all comes down to recruiting. I read that since he's been here he's had 70 players come through the program. That's alot. He's had alot of kids transfer. They come in here, aren't any good, and then transfer out. For every Francisco Garcia (drafted by the Kings) there's a Jonathan Huffman, Chad Millard, and Sebastian Telfair. They all either transferred or in Telfair's case, never made it to campus.

Transfering happen everywhere. He has recruited some character issue guys like derrick character and so on but what coach hasn't? God knows Calhoun has brought in some real altar boys over the years. I think the problem is chemistry issues. You need that to be successful. Telfair was a punk and listened to his family instead of going to college and learning how to develope a jump shot. I put everything on Rick. He is still a hall of fame coach imo.

Back
Top Bottom