Combine Talk | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Combine Talk

Holy ****, David Johnson is built like a tank.

And I rarely drop players based on combine, but I have to drop Abdullah's rank as much as it hurts.

Holy ****, David Johnson is built like a tank.

And I rarely drop players based on combine, but I have to drop Abdullah's rank as much as it hurts.

Abdullah is quick...he may not have home run speed but that dude is extremely hard to tackle. Tough running style.

David Johnson is another excellent receiver out of the backfield...his upright running style is a concern though. Not sure how long he lasts in the NFL before he gets injured. That's why I like Cobb so much...runs behind his pads...has a great lean when he runs and he really delivers the blow.

Abdullah is quick...he may not have home run speed but that dude is extremely hard to tackle. Tough running style.

Agreed, I've had Abdullah as my #3 back, but that combine time is concerning for a guy his size who relies on making guys miss and cuts back so often. You watch his tape, and look at his combine #, have to wonder if a lot of those missed tackles become tackles in the NFL.

David Johnson is another excellent receiver out of the backfield...his upright running style is a concern though. Not sure how long he lasts in the NFL before he gets injured. That's why I like Cobb so much...runs behind his pads...has a great lean when he runs and he really delivers the blow.

Johnson is a lot more than just a RB, he's elite at catching out of the backfield. One of the best I've ever seen, and at 6'3 you can really keep teams guessing. Just so much you can do with him.

And I don't worry about up right running style rbs. He's 6'3, he's not going to get small no matter what he does, as for injuries, there completely unpredictable, many of my favorite rbs of all time ran upright.

I've never understood this, but why don't they run in pads? It makes No sense.

I always have to remind myself, there not in pads, and 40 times don't come close to doing justice for fast pad guys like Gordon or Duke Johnson.

I've never understood this, but why don't they run in pads? It makes No sense.

I always have to remind myself, there not in pads, and 40 times don't come close to doing justice for fast pad guys like Gordon or Duke Johnson.
I agree...A lot of these guys drop the pads and become all world...I do not like it 1 bit

“@JoshNorris: Notable DL/EDGE Bench Press:
Vic Beasley 35 (most)
Shelton 34
Jarrett 30
Gregory 24
Armstead 24
Preston Smith 24
Fowler 19”

Really good bench work by Beasley and Gregory - two guys who people have questioned in that regard.

Chris Conley broke the combine. WTF!? I can say that I've never focused on Conley, but I've seen a lot of Georgia games, and he's smooth, reliable, and they go to him in big situations. Wow, talk about making yourself some money. Without going back, I don't know if that athleticism didn't come through, because of the situation or if it's because he tests more athletic than he plays, but he did look good every time I noticed him.

I just didn't expect him to come out and do this.

gMS8dtG.png

uzKULWK.png

Dawson's size reminds me a lot of Jenkins which I think either could play MLB. Size isn't everything IMO Zach Thomas was a good illustration. A good MLB needs instincts to the ball and an ability to stay off blocks and able to tackle.

problem with staying off blocks is you cant run around them in the NFL or the RB is bye you... you gotta be able to get into them and get off quick... Dawson lacks that ability from what I have seen, he rounds around the blocks too much... he needs work in that aspect

Dawson's size reminds me a lot of Jenkins which I think either could play MLB. Size isn't everything IMO Zach Thomas was a good illustration. A good MLB needs instincts to the ball and an ability to stay off blocks and able to tackle.

Zach Thomas had Tim Bowens and Daryl Gardener in front of him keeping him clean so he could make plays. If we had that I bet Misi would have been more effective too.

OK guys please help me out..... I just got home and a lot of catching up to do with todays combine.... I am looking at WRs basically first and am trying to catch up on watching 40 times and checking those out.... seems like a lot of speed everywhere.

My guys I like a lot Kevin White I see ran great and destroyed in drills from what I heard... great showing, and I think he showed that he may have a slight edge on Cooper. (yes?)

Justin Hardy and trey McBride ran very well as well.... and these kids i like a lot.... Hardy and his route running and footwork I love on film too.... how were they in the gauntlet and drills?

Seems like this Funchess love people started getting has turned to cooties... hopefully they heard the pounding of his feet while he ran his 40 time, and hopefully htey re-evaluate his film and see why I say definitely NO to draft this guy...... how did he do in drills and gauntlet?

Ty Montgomery and Vince Mayle also I have had on definite NO drafts... and they seemed to be proving it at least in the 40 times too. Nelson Agholor I knew could run straight but lacks footwork and lateral ability... how did he do in drills and gauntlet, cone time?

Is there anywhere I can watch replays of the gauntlet and WR drills??? please help me out.... or at least give me information on how the WRs basically did. I really appreciate the help!!!

OK guys please help me out..... I just got home and a lot of catching up to do with todays combine.... I am looking at WRs basically first and am trying to catch up on watching 40 times and checking those out.... seems like a lot of speed everywhere.

My guys I like a lot Kevin White I see ran great and destroyed in drills from what I heard... great showing, and I think he showed that he may have a slight edge on Cooper. (yes?)

Justin Hardy and trey McBride ran very well as well.... and these kids i like a lot.... Hardy and his route running and footwork I love on film too.... how were they in the gauntlet and drills?

Seems like this Funchess love people started getting has turned to cooties... hopefully they heard the pounding of his feet while he ran his 40 time, and hopefully htey re-evaluate his film and see why I say definitely NO to draft this guy...... how did he do in drills and gauntlet?

Ty Montgomery and Vince Mayle also I have had on definite NO drafts... and they seemed to be proving it at least in the 40 times too. Nelson Agholor I knew could run straight but lacks footwork and lateral ability... how did he do in drills and gauntlet, cone time?

Is there anywhere I can watch replays of the gauntlet and WR drills??? please help me out.... or at least give me information on how the WRs basically did. I really appreciate the help!!!

I'd say it's 50/50 on teams rating White ahead of Cooper. For me, Cooper is still #1 on my board. He was the smoothest route runner in the drills, just so fluid in and out of breaks...he loses no speed when changing direction. He's just an exceptional WR.

Justin Hardy (4.56) ran about what I expected...looked really good in drills with his routes, hands and body control. I think he's a slot WR personally but he looked solid in all the drills. McBride (4.41) looked really good as well. I mentioned before that he's the type of WR the Packers would take on day 2. He affirmed what he showed in his game tape.

Was never high on Funchess...he also had some drops in drills and the gauntlet.

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

what rd is conley projected?

Conley was projected to go undrafted.

Back
Top Bottom