Combine Talk | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Combine Talk

I'd say it's 50/50 on teams rating White ahead of Cooper. For me, Cooper is still #1 on my board. He was the smoothest route runner in the drills, just so fluid in and out of breaks...he loses no speed when changing direction. He's just an exceptional WR.

Justin Hardy (4.56) ran about what I expected...looked really good in drills with his routes, hands and body control. I think he's a slot WR personally but he looked solid in all the drills. McBride (4.41) looked really good as well. I mentioned before that he's the type of WR the Packers would take on day 2. He affirmed what he showed in his game tape.

Was never high on Funchess...he also had some drops in drills and the gauntlet.

agreed on Cooper and White... there really isnt much seperating them... basically the both are #1 WRs.... I just like White by .0001 more... :tongue:

just saw DeVante Parker whom I havent been liking as much with film all in all, and he has slowly got me thinking less of him... watched him in the drills,and i even think lesser of him more now too... didnt display exactly what I been worried on... not great footwork in and out of breaks, rounded routes more, decent hands.... but worst of all... LACK OF HUSTLE

Tre McBride in the 2nd round.... really??? oh my... i was hoping for him like rounds 5-6.... oh god... but I like him a lot.

Justin Hardy too!!!

thanks for the help.... please any more info on any other WRs too please please give me... i cant find many replays of the gauntlet and drills. i missed it all today sadly

Vic Beasley with 35 reps is real nice for him. He's not that big but good lord he's powerful and explosive

People have been sleeping a bit on Kenny Bell. I think he's a straight deep threat early, but he's a legit deep threat, and a good athlete who can make contested catches; however, he is weak. Still, if you can get those tools in the later rounds, he's worth a look. Might not be the best fit for Miami, if we keep Wallace, but I think he'll be able to contribute somewhere as a rookie. I think Kenny Stills is a solid comp for Bell.

Btw, I was just reading Lance Zierlein's profile on Kenny Bell, and I think it's pretty spot on. I prefer him to the last guy at NFL.com.

Nelson Agholor also ran well. Quickness isn't an issue with Agholor. Speed was the question. He's a legit option in the 2nd RD with that speed. He'd be like a faster, not as tough (though still tough), Jarvis Landry.

People have been sleeping a bit on Kenny Bell. I think he's a straight deep threat early, but he's a legit deep threat, and a good athlete who can make contested catches; however, he is weak. Still, if you can get those tools in the later rounds, he's worth a look. Might not be the best fit for Miami, if we keep Wallace, but I think he'll be able to contribute somewhere as a rookie. I think Kenny Stills is a solid comp for Bell.

Btw, I was just reading Lance Zierlein's profile on Kenny Bell, and I think it's pretty spot on. I prefer him to the last guy at NFL.com.

Nelson Agholor also ran well. Quickness isn't an issue with Agholor. Speed was the question. He's a legit option in the 2nd RD with that speed. He'd be like a faster, not as tough (though still tough), Jarvis Landry.

I think Antwan Goodley might be a bit underrated. Tracked the ball extremely well on the deep throws, showed a lot more speed than expected...looked good in the other drills. I thought he looked really good in the senior bowl workouts.

I think Antwan Goodley might be a bit underrated. Tracked the ball extremely well on the deep throws, showed a lot more speed than expected...looked good in the other drills. I thought he looked really good in the senior bowl workouts.

i didnt see once again... how was his feet and breaks.... i just worry on him on his overall quickness, hips, as well as routes in and out of breaks, he basically is used to long running routes to get in holes and space more in the offensive system he is coming from... just checking what he really showed.

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

no no.... Nelson Agholor was known for his speed.... he has great straight line speed, his big question marks is his agility and lateral quickness, especially with his needing to get his acceleration back after his lateral movements... but when he is able to run straight in space he flies. he isnt a great route runner and does struggle with his footwork laterally.... i am not big with his game film all in all.

how was Kenny Bell in gauntlet and drills, footwork and in and out of breaks? i gotta watch his film more now too i guess..... impressive combine?

I agree. I like Goodley a lot. He's unorthodox, so you kind of question how he'll do, but he's very strong and athletic. Great RAC ability, even good running the ball out of the backfield. I think you have to be a little creative with him, though. A more WR-centric Percy Harvin role, and I think that's work well within Lazor's offense.

Im with J-Off on Agholor. I think long speed was his question and he answered that. He has plenty of wiggle…and is quick twitch with very good RAC ability. One of the best fits in our offense IMO.

Saw where Ifo said docs were expecting him to be back on the field by September. So you're probably looking at IR designated to return (if a team wants to do that with him) or just keeping him inactive for several weeks. Missing TC and preseason hurts…but Id still take him in the 3rd. Too good of a player.

Dr. Andrews also said Gurley was roughly 6 weeks ahead of schedule already...

Saw where Ifo said docs were expecting him to be back on the field by September. So you're probably looking at IR designated to return (if a team wants to do that with him) or just keeping him inactive for several weeks. Missing TC and preseason hurts…but Id still take him in the 3rd. Too good of a player.

Dr. Andrews also said Gurley was roughly 6 weeks ahead of schedule already...

yeah i saw that too a bit ago on Ifo.... he'll hopefully have his brain ready i guess. stinks for a draft pick you would want to have ready to start for your team.

yeah i saw that too a bit ago on Ifo.... he'll hopefully have his brain ready i guess. stinks for a draft pick you would want to have ready to start for your team.

Yeah I agree but if you're getting a 1st round talent in the 3rd round I think its worth it. I mean even if he barely plays I think its worth it. Most teams aren't finding day 1 starters in the 1st round anyways

Yeah I agree but if you're getting a 1st round talent in the 3rd round I think its worth it. I mean even if he barely plays I think its worth it. Most teams aren't finding day 1 starters in the 1st round anyways

true... and he does seem like a worker and has a motor.... so if he is falling in the draft like that would be nice

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

do you have any info though on how many of the WRs did in the gauntlet and other WR drills???? i missed it all today and cant find film on it anywhere

Back
Top Bottom