Combine Talk | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Combine Talk

I'm rewatching the WRs...I like the possibility of getting Tyler Lockett...ran 4.40 and his tape looks good. Excellent route runner, great hands, quick and fast. I would definitely take a flyer on him in the 3rd. Him or Dorsett.

I'm rewatching the WRs...I like the possibility of getting Tyler Lockett...ran 4.40 and his tape looks good. Excellent route runner, great hands, quick and fast. I would definitely take a flyer on him in the 3rd. Him or Dorsett.

IM JEALOUS..... how are you re-watching???

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Im with J-Off on Agholor. I think long speed was his question and he answered that. He has plenty of wiggle…and is quick twitch with very good RAC ability. One of the best fits in our offense IMO.

i watched some film again on him... i still think the same... and he didnt even run the 3 cone or shuttle... he not showing footwork, or lateral... burst? how was he in the gauntlet and other WR drills???

IM JEALOUS..... how are you re-watching???

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

i watched some film again on him... i still think the same... and he didnt even run the 3 cone or shuttle... he not showing footwork, or lateral... burst? how was he in the gauntlet and other WR drills???

He injured his finger.

Yeah, I expected Lockett to be more like a 4.5 guy. He'd be solid value in the 3rd, but I think Lockett has to play the slot, so in three WR sets, what do you do? I guess you can put Landry outside, but it doesn't seem ideal. Still, I agree, good player and worth consideration in the 3rd. Chip Kelly favors bigger WR's. It'll be interesting to see if Miami does the same with Lazor as OC.

Yeah, I expected Lockett to be more like a 4.5 guy. He'd be solid value in the 3rd, but I think Lockett has to play the slot, so in three WR sets, what do you do? I guess you can put Landry outside, but it doesn't seem ideal. Still, I agree, good player and worth consideration in the 3rd. Chip Kelly favors bigger WR's. It'll be interesting to see if Miami does the same with Lazor as OC.

i like Lockett too... but Dorsett a little more. Both i think fine for slot, but Dorsett adds more versatility i think able to run wide out as well... .can mix up him and Landry more.

Lockett did and can run out wide, but i think for NFL he is just to thin framed to do so.... great feet off the line and in and out of breaks, uses his hands well in routes too... quick burst as well (as shown in cone and shuttle times too solid), very nice kid who works... his hands are solid but not a great catcher, needs work on hands a bit and tucking ball after catch. but i do like him a lot!!!

now out of the three slot types, these two here then Jamison Crowder... who i am seeing fall more in the draft personally. I watched more film and see him more or less getting pushed around a bit too easy, a little off balanced too, but still quick nice feet in and out of breaks but way out muscled.... just had a poor showing in the combine too actually.

Last edited by a moderator:
More stuff to like about Conley:

bijHpz9.png

http://www.wctv.tv/sports/headlines...-Community-Spirit-Award-at-ASA-290705011.html

I haven't seen much of Conley to be honest so Im curious what you guys come up with. Explosive athlete but his shuttle and cone times weren't great.

On the contrary Abdullah put up some ridiculous cone and shuttle times

And now I am totally STUMPED on Chris Conley.... I cant find any game film.... i guess he basically became their main target as their top WR went down with an injury this year, and he had like 40 something catches 600 something yards and 4 TDs... did maybe half of that if last season.

Nobody really has words on him either.... that Star Wars thing i posted above is his like only video spoken of besides a one handed grab in the endzone

He seems to fly, and have acceleration in his legs... all i can see. But my main scouting on him right now is basically he is a very well spoken kid, seems to strive on the knowledge of the game, and leadership on himself and others, seems to be a GREAT kid. Not sure if he is a hard worker but definitely portrays that within himself and also seems to be one to keep others working hard as well. great personality willing to work with all other personalities, especially seems to understand how to work and communicate with every ones differences.

And now I am totally STUMPED on Chris Conley.... I cant find any game film.... i guess he basically became their main target as their top WR went down with an injury this year, and he had like 40 something catches 600 something yards and 4 TDs... did maybe half of that if last season.

Nobody really has words on him either.... that Star Wars thing i posted above is his like only video spoken of besides a one handed grab in the endzone

He seems to fly, and have acceleration in his legs... all i can see. But my main scouting on him right now is basically he is a very well spoken kid, seems to strive on the knowledge of the game, and leadership on himself and others, seems to be a GREAT kid. Not sure if he is a hard worker but definitely portrays that within himself and also seems to be one to keep others working hard as well. great personality willing to work with all other personalities, especially seems to understand how to work and communicate with every ones differences.

Check out Aaron Murray's 2013 game against LSU.

If you have access to ESPN3/WatchESPN you can replay Georgia games from this past season.

I watched a couple of Georgia games to check out Conley today after his combine performance I plan to watch more later but here's what I watched so far with times marked at when the ball was thrown to him.

[video=youtube;GPSFceJ4XKM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPSFceJ4XKM[/video]

8:26 Completed pass
17:03 Completed pass
17:37 Completed pass
50:31 Completed pass
52:43 Incomplete ball badly under thrown

[video=youtube;IYlYHEXGGw0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYlYHEXGGw0[/video]

8:40 high pass ball goes off his hands Incomplete
19:38 Bad pass by QB interception
26:48 Completed pass
43:25 Completed pass
52:36 Completed pass
53:09 Completed pass
1:27:44 Completed pass
1:29:02 Completed pass
1:46:20 Completed pass

I plan to watch more of his game tomorrow 2 games is enough for me tonight

Noticed I can't post the video of the 2nd game so here's the link to it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYlYHEXGGw0

Check out Aaron Murray's 2013 game against LSU.

here is game film i could watch on Chris Conley... mind you this is his 2013 season where he was like the #4 or #5 WR (target).... ind you al lthe film wasnt always him on the field either, its what I could see. mind you its also with an awful RT, an o-line that couldnt pick up twists and stunts half the time, an untrustworthy LT at times, and Aaron Murray decision making and inconsistencies throughout... frustrating!!!

LSU: he doesnt have great fire off the line, doesnt get in and out of breaks well, doesnt use his hands well in routes or his body... doesnt come back to ball with hands well. did have a nice back shoulder catch against Jalen Collins, but he locked him down all game.... they attacked on that one deeper throw to him against that other kid, but there really wasnt much separation though... great throw!!!

Auburn: not too much to watch... but same type of stuff as LSU game... let a ball get into his body for a catch, mostly seems like in his routes he just goes through motions more instead of turning the CB and getting the CB moving... no separation... had a nice quick out from the slant though. In routes though slower footwork though.... i want to see that combine numbers. But showed he is a willing hard working blocker!!!

Clemson: had a nice short route, finally coming back to the ball more and nice soft catch with hands away from body and broke tackles nicely after for some YAC, then I thought I saw his whole career end with an ugly horse collar. doesnt display overall quickest hands to the ball still though... has a nice catch though later away from body in a dig pattern. still footwork and routes very raw. kid seems to work and play hard through the whistle though!!!

Tennessee: Had an awesome feet and move off the line to the outside up top first play (then i realized aw crap, it wasnt him).... but then he had his great big one handed highlight catch to the outside (but the route, body angling, wasnt run well to make it easier for him). he seems to not really have the knowledge or awareness out there or in his routes. ball then gets into body a bit after on catches. has a great nice slant route with his feet, first time i really see him stall and turn a CB, nice hands catching away from body. OOOOOH.... more awareness problems, didnt keep a route alive by rolling up... gotta help the QB... knowledge??? this game he did show nicer feet, fire and quickness off the line though!!!

North Texas: OOOOH, nice speed to the outside, separation, with a great focused catch that was a little low!!! later another nice catch away from body, soft hands but just easy out route. simple curl with CB way off, nice catch with hands. UH OH, had an EASY stop and go set up, ball over shoulder to hands and dropped. LOL... later a T-out route that he doesnt really sell (or turn the CB) but the CB didnt make a good play on the ball, deflects it and it falls into Conley's hands for a TD.... well, he caught it in hands away from frame!!! stil lsome eh footwork in routes and in and out of breaks... jsut soft coverage and easy to beat secondary here.

WR- Chris Conley: decent hands, not great footwork and doesnt use hands well in routes, route running isnt great, seems to get open mostly on crossing routes when time develops, doesnt show knowledge or awareness in routes, body positioning, etc. fires decently off the line and can have light feet. Seems to be hard worker, willing blocker though not strong, plays through the whistle. He has that combine athleticism in him, but I didnt see it on the field, even in breaking tackles on short routes.

from interviews, and from seeing him talk, and on practice field a little: he is a very well spoken kid, seems to strive on the knowledge of the game, and leadership on himself and others, seems to be a GREAT kid........ i said this but didnt see the knowledge in his game play really. but he does seem to be a leader who works hard and cares. seems to be able to relate to all personalities and understands how to work with all personalities as well once again. Very nice kid!!!

*** going to add this now too at 1:36 am: just saw a little of him at the combine running and catching... you can tell he doesnt have that footwork and rounds out a lot. i think what i saw in tapes of last year is what he brings.... but obviously cant be 100% right now.

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

If you have access to ESPN3/WatchESPN you can replay Georgia games from this past season.

are you serious???? lol.... i wish i saw this before i spent like 2 hours working through other game film that wasnt the easiest of 2013!!! :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom