***Combine Update Thread*** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Combine Update Thread***

ckparrothead said:
I sort of view that as a negative. He looked ripped at 201 pounds...does that mean he doesn't have the frame to be able to add weight without losing speed?

I'm not high on Bush, personally.

I agree 100%, I'm very interested to see what kind of role he is used in.

ckparrothead said:
I sort of view that as a negative. He looked ripped at 201 pounds...does that mean he doesn't have the frame to be able to add weight without losing speed?

I definitly don't think he does have the frame, but I dont think he needs the wieght.

I think if Bush gets up to 205 he will be fine.
He has a very solid body and has been injury free, as long as whomever gets him doesn't use him like Gruden - Cadillac, he should be fine.

He'll get some injuries like every back but his versatility will go a long way and I think he can avoid the big hits. Blocking at his size will be an issue for him though with 250-260 lb rush backers coming at him.

t2thejz said:
I definitly don't think he does have the frame, but I dont think he needs the wieght.

Good point, either you think he can be successful at this weight or you do not...

ckparrothead said:
Good point, either you think he can be successful at this weight or you do not...

CK, he also measured at 5' 10". I dont think he has the height to add much more weight and not lose speed and agility. Agree that he is what he is and will succeed or fail based on that.

I think he will be himself and could even dominate for 10-12 games but its games 13 - 16 that the "weight" of the season may takes its toll. Especially in the first year.

I too am not high on him from a Texans perspective. I just think Ferguson would be the better acquistion. Whether thats at #1 overall or a trade down to the #3 or #4 I dont know.

I will be very surprised if when all said and done RB is actually a Texan and not DF.

My sources tell me Jay Cutler just scored a 3 in the wonderlic test and has left the draft entirely in a fit of anger and frustration.

Okay, so that didn't really happen.

Bush could run a 5 second 40 and still go first overall. It doesn't really matter for him anyway....and he's not even working out until pro days.

ckparrothead said:

I love Bush. trimmed preferably.

HysterikiLL said:
Bush could run a 5 second 40 and still go first overall. It doesn't really matter for him anyway....and he's not even working out until pro days.

I agree mostly with that.
I mean everyone has seen him burn college defenses and that electrifying speed, it's also been floating around that he is faster in pads.

But on the other hand it would be great to watch and see what his time is at the combine.

Dolphins_SR66 said:
CK, he also measured at 5' 10". I dont think he has the height to add much more weight and not lose speed and agility. Agree that he is what he is and will succeed or fail based on that.

I think he will be himself and could even dominate for 10-12 games but its games 13 - 16 that the "weight" of the season may takes its toll. Especially in the first year.

I too am not high on him from a Texans perspective. I just think Ferguson would be the better acquistion. Whether thats at #1 overall or a trade down to the #3 or #4 I dont know.

I will be very surprised if when all said and done RB is actually a Texan and not DF.
I thought he measured a bit over 5'11". Either way, I do agree with you that he won't go to the texans, Especially with D'Brick bulking up to 312 (I was drooling when I heard that).

Until then, Bush -- whose numbers Thursday from the scale and tape measure session list him as 5-foot-11 3/4 and 201 pounds -- will focus on putting a few pounds on his compact frame. And getting his head straight for what's to come.

he came in practically 6 foot

Most reports said Bush was 5'11¾", 201 lbs.

NFL Total Access said he was 5'10 7/8", but I think it was a misprint.

Also, this past Monday, Peter King said something like "Most people don't know this, but Reggie Bush is 207 lbs. right now".

So much for that inside info, Peter.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom