***Combine Update Thread*** | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Combine Update Thread***

Juan Cribbs said:
he's very ****y. i like it. some notes:

- talked about his mobility. says the league likes guys who can move around ini the pocket, not guys who take off with the ball and run (says it just doesn't work). says he ran option his first two years and had a good mixture of his yards gained from designed plays and from just scrambling.

- said he didn't see any reason why he wouldn't do eveything at the combine. was disappointed he didn't have the other top QBs to compete with.

- when asked if the tennessee game opened some eyes, he said no, that he pretty much solidified himself with his play before that.

- said he'll go to new york for the draft if invited.

Awesome, calling out Young and Leinart. I love it.

wow, deangelo williams is going to be a great interview in the NFL. very articulate and smart. didn't say any P.C. things. he's definitely got the right attitude.

LIQUID24 said:
Most reports said Bush was 5'11¾", 201 lbs.

NFL Total Access said he was 5'10 7/8", but I think it was a misprint.

Also, this past Monday, Peter King said something like "Most people don't know this, but Reggie Bush is 207 lbs. right now".

So much for that inside info, Peter.:lol:

Well, I would like some credible source to finally post the correct height of him then. NFL Network keeps listing him as 5' 10 7/8". But if he is 5' 11 3/4" that could equal another 10-15 lbs easily without perhaps losing one single step or agility.

It seems silly talking about 7/8" of an inch, but 1 inch in height means alot for carrying additonal body weight successfully and not fatiguing, etc.

But he did look totally ripped....anyone know what his body fat % measured?

Culter did more Bench press reps than any of the other running backs. He did 23! Thats impressive

t2thejz said:
Culter did more Bench press reps than any of the other running backs. He did 23! Thats impressive

Yeah, he is very athletic by the sounds of it.

He also looks compact at 6-2 225.

Dolphins_SR66 said:
Well, I would like some credible source to finally post the correct height of him then. NFL Network keeps listing him as 5' 10 7/8". But if he is 5' 11 3/4" that could equal another 10-15 lbs easily without perhaps losing one single step or agility.

It seems silly talking about 7/8" of an inch, but 1 inch in height means alot for carry additonal body weight successfully and not fatiguing, etc.

But he did look totally ripped....anyone know what his body fat % measured?
No prob, I found 3:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9261805
Bush has been measured here at 5-foot-11¾ and 201 pounds. He has made a conscious effort to add some bulk to his frame because he knows that is an area of concern for some NFL teams. He is determined to make it less of an issue.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9261706
Those doubts arise because Bush measured in at 5-11¾ and weighed just 201 pounds, light for an every down back.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Scouting+Combine/2006/notebk022306.htm
QB Matt Leinart, Bush’s No. 1 partner-in-crime at USC, has basked in the limelight a lot more recently than the fleet-footed back who tipped the Combine scales at 201 with a height of 5-11¾.

Yeah he looked VERY ripped, he had nothing less than an 8-pack. Keep in mind he's gotten a little bigger and stronger every single year he's been at USC, without losing any speed or agility. I think he can handle about 210-215 lbs on his frame without losing too much explosiveness. But he'll gain that weight gradually, not right away.

I don't expect him to dominate as a rookie, he'll contribute big plays here and there, but I'm guessing he'll probably only get 15-17 touches as his body matures.

But by his 3rd year, when his body is filled out, he should be able to handle 25+ touches a game (say 20 carries + 5 catches). By then I think he'll prove to have been worthy of the hype.

Juan Cribbs said:
he's very ****y. i like it. some notes:

- talked about his mobility. says the league likes guys who can move around ini the pocket, not guys who take off with the ball and run (says it just doesn't work). says he ran option his first two years and had a good mixture of his yards gained from designed plays and from just scrambling.

- said he didn't see any reason why he wouldn't do eveything at the combine. was disappointed he didn't have the other top QBs to compete with.

- when asked if the tennessee game opened some eyes, he said no, that he pretty much solidified himself with his play before that.

- said he'll go to new york for the draft if invited.

Jay Cutler is not ****ing around. I like his "I'm gonna get mine" attitude. He's not afraid of any fellow QB. He doesn't care if he wasn't featured in a bowl game. He knows he got skills. Cutler, keep on doing what you doing.

SpeedRush99 said:
Awesome, calling out Young and Leinart. I love it.

I know you Cutler lovers will like his attitude, but I am here to tell you right now, that is a bit much of a mouth when you havent done anything in college let alone the pros to even talk like that.

How do you talk about mobility and then put down running with the ball? I dont know people.........the ****iness is not a good thing. Trust me, the NFL is going to wipe that ****iness right out of his brain.

You dont hear championship QB's like VY and Leinert talk like that. Im glad we dont have a chance at him now.

Silverphin said:
Jay Cutler is not ****ing around. I like his "I'm gonna get mine" attitude. He's not afraid of any fellow QB. He doesn't care if he wasn't featured in a bowl game. He knows he got skills. Cutler, keep on doing what you doing.

this is the combine for crying out loud. :confused:

finfan54 said:
I know you Cutler lovers will like his attitude, but I am here to tell you right now, that is a bit much of a mouth when you havent done anything in college let alone the pros to even talk like that.

How do you talk about mobility and then put down running with the ball? I dont know people.........the ****iness is not a good thing. Trust me, the NFL is going to wipe that ****iness right out of his brain.

You dont hear championship QB's like VY and Leinert talk like that. Im glad we dont have a chance at him now.

Simple.

Big Ben of the Steelers is mobile. He's shown that. Does he run with it unless it's a designed play? Nope.

I think that is what Jay Cutler is getting at.

As for the him being ****y? Well, maybe he is being ****y. But Jay Cutler's the underdog. Maybe he's trying to let his Draft rivals know he is not going to lie down.

finfan54 said:

Personally I think your making a mountain out of a mole hill. I see nothing wrong with his confidence. You want a QB that has confidence. Confidence is a key aspect of a leader and QB's need to be leaders right?

No one knows which QB prospect will have the NFL "wipe that ****iness right out of their brains" but at least you know he has confidence. The ones that make it in the NFL will carry themselves through the transition of QB'ing in the NFL by holding onto that type of confidence.

Cutler, Leinart, Young, all or none of them may make it big in the NFL and I don't see any way you can see Cutler's confidence as a negative clue to his future sucess in the league. If anything it's a positive.

Not to mention that he was right on with his comments on the running QB's.

www.nfl.com has video highlights of Day 1 and Day 2 posted (approx. 2 hr recaps of each day). Day 2 is Sabans in studio interview.

Also, if this year is like last year, I expect LIVE streaming video/audio to be available starting at 11am today.

I know the NFL Network TV will have it live, but the website did as well last year:

Saturday, Feb. 25
11 a.m. ET -- Workouts: Offensive linemen and running backs (LIVE) (re-airs 8 PM ET/PT)
2 p.m. ET -- NFL Scouting Combine press conferences (LIVE)
7 p.m. ET/PT -- NFL Total Access from the Scouting Combine
Sunday, Feb. 26
11 a.m. -- Workouts: Quarterbacks, wide receivers, running backs (LIVE) (re-airs 8 PM ET/PT)
2 p.m. ET -- NFL Scouting Combine press conferences (LIVE)
7 p.m. ET/PT -- NFL Total Access from the Scouting Combine

finfan54 said:

And you Cutler haters will say anything to knock him. Get over it, confidence is a good thing.

finfan54 said:
the ****iness is not a good thing. Trust me, the NFL is going to wipe that ****iness right out of his brain.

You dont hear championship QB's like VY and Leinert talk like that.
ben roethlisberger disagrees. he's as ****y as you'll find in the NFL.

and young is ****y, too. so is leinart. they're all ****y, just not as vocal about it as cutler.

Back
Top Bottom