***Combine Update Thread*** | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Combine Update Thread***

Just read an article in BFS magazine(bigger faster stronger) it was an interview with USC strength coach, Carlisle is his last name. He stated that when Bush came to Usc he was 180lbs, and ran a 4.5-40, over his carrer there he put on 20 lbs of muscle, and ran an electronicly time 4.28-40. He went on tho state same of the lfits and weight Bush does. Benchpress 425 lbs, Squat 550lbs, power clean 330 lbs. That is EXTREMELY impressive for a guy that runs a 4.3 40, and only weighs 201 lbs.

GRAPEAPE said:
Just read an article in BFS magazine(bigger faster stronger) it was an interview with USC strength coach, Carlisle is his last name. He stated that when Bush came to Usc he was 180lbs, and ran a 4.5-40, over his carrer there he put on 20 lbs of muscle, and ran an electronicly time 4.28-40. He went on tho state same of the lfits and weight Bush does. Benchpress 425 lbs, Squat 550lbs, power clean 330 lbs. That is EXTREMELY impressive for a guy that runs a 4.3 40, and only weighs 201 lbs.

:eek: Very impressive

Juan Cribbs said:
saban is coming up guys to do an interview with the NFL network guys. should be fun.

Awesome, keep us updated!

SpeedRush99 said:
:eek: Very impressive
He is easly lb for lb the strongest guy on USC roster. That is 100% explosive power. There are O-lineman in the nfl that can't touch that power clean weight. Can you imagine Bush as a DB, a freaking bullet streaking across the field, and then whacking someone. I was blown away when I read that.

ps. I finally made it to the draft lounge:wink:

saban interview:

- he's saying he's happy with frerotte, but THE MAIN PRIORITY is to get a QB of the future. the 2nd priority is for o-line and d-line.
- schecter asking "what do you want in a QB?" saban giving typical "a guy who gets the job done" answer. frerotte is the QB for right now he says, and he'll look for the QB of the future. asked about culpepper, just said he won't talk of a player under contract, but said culpepper and brees are good pro bowl players and they're someone you would be interested in if they were available.
- won't comment on the ricky williams deal. says he's supportive of him. says he's a great guy and hard worker.
- "what do you want to do this season?" #1 thing is to improve, not worried about super bowl window, etc etc. he did say that the goal is DEFINITELY the playoffs.

Saban said he backs Ricky 100%...he had nothing but good things to say about Ricky.

GRAPEAPE said:
He is easly lb for lb the strongest guy on USC roster. That is 100% explosive power. There are O-lineman in the nfl that can't touch that power clean weight. Can you imagine Bush as a DB, a freaking bullet streaking across the field, and then whacking someone. I was blown away when I read that.

ps. I finally made it to the draft lounge:wink:

No kidding!

Welcome! :wink:

Juan Cribbs said:
saban interview:

- he's saying he's happy with frerotte, but THE MAIN PRIORITY is to get a QB of the future. the 2nd priority is for o-line and d-line.
- schecter asking "what do you want in a QB?" saban giving typical "a guy who gets the job done" answer. frerotte is the QB for right now he says, and he'll look for the QB of the future. asked about culpepper, just said he won't talk of a player under contract, but said culpepper and brees are good pro bowl players and they're someone you would be interested in if they were available.
- won't comment on the ricky williams deal. says he's supportive of him. says he's a great guy and hard worker.
- "what do you want to do this season?" #1 thing is to improve, not worried about super bowl window, etc etc. he did say that the goal is DEFINITELY the playoffs.

Sweet!!!! :dolphins:

GRAPEAPE said:

Thats a bit too unbelievable. They'd have to send out video of him doing that.

SpeedRush99 said:
Glad I'm recording all this.
he's very ****y. i like it. some notes:

- talked about his mobility. says the league likes guys who can move around ini the pocket, not guys who take off with the ball and run (says it just doesn't work). says he ran option his first two years and had a good mixture of his yards gained from designed plays and from just scrambling.

- said he didn't see any reason why he wouldn't do eveything at the combine. was disappointed he didn't have the other top QBs to compete with.

- when asked if the tennessee game opened some eyes, he said no, that he pretty much solidified himself with his play before that.

- said he'll go to new york for the draft if invited.

Back
Top Bottom