Comparing the 2023 and 2024 schedules with predictions | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Comparing the 2023 and 2024 schedules with predictions

VAFinsfan72

Club Member
Reaction score
AFC East 2023 - 4-2

AFC East 2024 prediction - 3-3 - I dont think we will sweep the Jets and Patriots again. Rodgers will probably return and the Pats will probably have a much better QB and they have a lot of cap space. I will be optimistic and say we are due to beat the Bills so I have us splitting with everybody in the division.

AFC West 2023 - 3-1

AFC South 2024 prediction - 2-2 - I think we will beat the Jags and Titans at home but lose to the Texans and Colts on the road.

AFC North and South 2023 - 0-2

AFC North and West 2024 prediction - 1-1 - I think we will beat the Raiders at home and lose to the Browns on the road.

NFC East 2023 - 3-1

NFC West 2024 prediction - 1-3 - I think we will beat the Cardinals and lose to the 49ers at home and lose to the Rams and Seahawks on the road.

NFC South 2023 - 1-0

NFC North 2024 prediction - 0-1 - I think we will lose to the Packers on the road.

So based on all of that I think we will go from 11-6 in 2023 to 7-10 in 2024.

Interesting thread. It’s fun to think about.

Bit early to make my predictions since I don’t know what our team will look, let alone the shape on other teams. After draft and FA, I’d love to revisit this.

Bit early to make my predictions since I don’t know what our team will look, let alone the shape on other teams. After draft and FA, I’d love to revisit this.
I based my predictions on the fact that we are likely to have a far less talented team in 2024 based on the salary cap mess we are in and not having much faith in whatever Grier's draft will look like.

At this point I do think the schedule looks much more difficult next year. For starters we have 9 road games and 8 home games. Then a lot of the road games are against playoff teams before even looking at our division (GB, Browns, Seattle, Rams, Texans and Colts). That's going to be a tough road to hoe.

Home schedule looks much softer but we do still have to deal with the 49'ers, Jags and then those Titans again.

I agree our roster will likely not be as strong as this past year on paper. We will need significant internal improvement from McD/Tua on offense and then young players stepping up in spots, talking to you Cam Smith.

How this all shakes out who knows but at this point with limited draft picks and FA money, I'd certainly bet we don't reach 11 wins again. Hopefully things aren't as bad as your 7 win estimate, if they are I would rather just tank and get a top draft pick for the next regime to get busy with.

I'm sure VAFinsFan72 knows the SUPERBOWL is this Sunday...is aware free agency has started...and the draft is two months away. The post was interesting and informative. It's a projection in early Feb., nothing more, nothing less. If you're upset with it, keep scrolling if you know how.

I based my predictions on the fact that we are likely to have a far less talented team in 2024 based on the salary cap mess we are in and not having much faith in whatever Grier's draft will look like.
Yeah but hear me out..... it's almost like it's possible that some of those 2024 opponents will look different compared to their 2023 teams as well.. maybe? 🤔

This is a pointless thread.

AFC East 2023 - 4-2

AFC East 2024 prediction - 3-3 - I dont think we will sweep the Jets and Patriots again. Rodgers will probably return and the Pats will probably have a much better QB and they have a lot of cap space. I will be optimistic and say we are due to beat the Bills so I have us splitting with everybody in the division.

AFC West 2023 - 3-1

AFC South 2024 prediction - 2-2 - I think we will beat the Jags and Titans at home but lose to the Texans and Colts on the road.

AFC North and South 2023 - 0-2

AFC North and West 2024 prediction - 1-1 - I think we will beat the Raiders at home and lose to the Browns on the road.

NFC East 2023 - 3-1

NFC West 2024 prediction - 1-3 - I think we will beat the Cardinals and lose to the 49ers at home and lose to the Rams and Seahawks on the road.

NFC South 2023 - 1-0

NFC North 2024 prediction - 0-1 - I think we will lose to the Packers on the road.

So based on all of that I think we will go from 11-6 in 2023 to 7-10 in 2024.

Looking at the AFC East before the Draft and FA, I have to disagree.

Patriots:
The Pats with Belichick at least still had a mastermind defensively, and we swept them, doubt with Jerod Mayo who after only 4 years of coaching experience, will be doing his first stint as a HC.

Mayo seems to be a good defensive coach, but will still not be as good as Belichick, will not have the strategic mind to take away key players of Opponants like Belichick did, and will find getting anything on Offense as the HC will be a struggle.

Dolphins 2-0 against the Pats.

Jets:

Though I think Miami is a more complete team ( Even after they get rid of dead expensive weight for Cap reasons, and have some player coming back from serious injury), the Jets Defense is so good, with a Aaron Rodgers on Offense, these two games may be far more competitive then last year, and may go as far to say this might be the more dangerous team from the East then Bills and Patriots.

Dolphins split with Jets 1-1

Bills:

I really think Miami is a higher class of team then the Bills, but injury and new coaching philosophy made it tough to compete with the Bills.

Though I would love to say I believe Miami could sweep the Bills in 2024, as I believe, Miami still needs to prove they can consistently beat them at least once, so I will still say Miami loses in Buffalo, but wins in Miami.

Dolphuns and Bills split 1-1

That's 4-2 at the worst in my opinion.

Last edited:

Key variable. How will the new DC do? who will be on OL? Will Mcd get a real OC or will he grow? I'm pessimistic on either. Chubb and JP? Which FAs will return? How will the draft turn out?
Those are just some of the questions. I agree with E30 and others. Too early

And if they figure out the Cap stuff and the team is just as talented maybe more after the draft then what ?

Try again after the draft and free agency is over when you can actually speak of facts not negative possibilities

Back
Top Bottom