Comparing the 2023 and 2024 schedules with predictions | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Comparing the 2023 and 2024 schedules with predictions

AFC East

Bills 0-2, until Miami proves otherwise, Allen owns the Phins.....
NYJ 1-1, really will depend on when they face off, may have Phillips and Chubbs back for both games but as stated here from others, this matchup will be more challenging with Rodgers at QB.
NE 2-0, Not buying the Main Medias hopium on the new coaching staff, don't believe the hype, Foxborro is an absolute dumpster fire (Watching it burn with a smile).
3-3

2nd place schedule will be tough and going into the season w/o Chubb and Phillips hurts. Not a capologist but have read enough here there will be significant decisions that will take away some of the talent. So will go closer to .500, as the team works to get under the cap and not many draft picks.
Anywhere 6-5/7-4

I based my predictions on the fact that we are likely to have a far less talented team in 2024 based on the salary cap mess we are in and not having much faith in whatever Grier's draft will look like.
We have very little idea what our team will look like in September......let alone the other teams

I based my predictions on the fact that we are likely to have a far less talented team in 2024 based on the salary cap mess we are in and not having much faith in whatever Grier's draft will look like.
Excuses, excuses. - LOL

Key variable. How will the new DC do? who will be on OL? Will Mcd get a real OC or will he grow? I'm pessimistic on either. Chubb and JP? Which FAs will return? How will the draft turn out?
Those are just some of the questions. I agree with E30 and others. Too early

I agree, but there is just one little thing RONG, "variable" should be plural.
You, of all posters, should know this. - LOL

And if they figure out the Cap stuff and the team is just as talented maybe more after the draft then what ?

Try again after the draft and free agency is over when you can actually speak of facts not negative possibilities
Facts, or potential.
We should have plenty of both. - LOL

AFC East

Bills 0-2, until Miami proves otherwise, Allen owns the Phins.....
NYJ 1-1, really will depend on when they face off, may have Phillips and Chubbs back for both games but as stated here from others, this matchup will be more challenging with Rodgers at QB.
NE 2-0, Not buying the Main Medias hopium on the new coaching staff, don't believe the hype, Foxborro is an absolute dumpster fire (Watching it burn with a smile).
3-3

2nd place schedule will be tough and going into the season w/o Chubb and Phillips hurts. Not a capologist but have read enough here there will be significant decisions that will take away some of the talent. So will go closer to .500, as the team works to get under the cap and not many draft picks.
Anywhere 6-5/7-4
Did you get your 1st sentence right in the beginning and then immediately disagree with it? - LOL

Like I said, if we can get 10 patsies again next year like we had in 2023 I'm all for it. We'll need the Jets and Pats to remain bad though to get to that figure.
Some teams couldnā€™t even beat those teams you call patsies

Interesting thread. Itā€™s fun to think about.

Bit early to make my predictions since I donā€™t know what our team will look, let alone the shape on other teams. After draft and FA, Iā€™d love to revisit this.
Have to wait until injuries takeover too lol

I predict the Dolphins will go 17-0 during the 2024 regular season and then go on to win the SB. Making them the 2nd team in NFL history to go through a season undefeated.

I figure if we are now projecting the Dolphins record before we even know all the players that will be on the roster next season. I might as well go for the gold, because no one will even remember this projection once the Dolphins actually start playing games in the 2024 regular season.

Unless of course I end up being correct in my prediction and in that case, I will point out that I told you so. šŸ˜œ

I personally think the schedule will be more difficult next year, and as some others have said, I think we'll have less wins due to our issues at several positions and the improvement of other teams. I hope I'm wrong.

But as many say, it's far too early to know what the future looks like.
season 20 episode 13 GIF

Last edited:
I predict the Dolphins will go 17-0 during the 2024 regular season and then go on to win the SB. Making them the 2nd team in NFL history to go through a season undefeated.

I figure if we are now projecting the Dolphins record before we even know all the players that will be on the roster next season. I might as well go for the gold, because no one will even remember this projection once the Dolphins actually start playing games in the 2024 regular season.

Unless of course I end up being correct in my prediction and in that case, I will point out that I told you so. šŸ˜œ
Book this. Along with Drua.

Very hard to guess or feel comfortable with a prediction at this point. Next year's schedule doesn't look any harder than any other season, its still the NFL. There will be teams that improve and teams that decline, just like every other year. Two AFC teams we know (at least at a high rate of reliability) that will be good (KC and Balt) we don't play. Aside from them and possibly the Niners and Bills, there's nobody there that you KNOW will be a very good team, on the schedule...lots of games that could go either way. Lots to see yet.

Back
Top Bottom