Comparing the 2023 and 2024 schedules with predictions | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Comparing the 2023 and 2024 schedules with predictions

I don’t believe this team will be less talented next year. Grier is going all in again. DT might be a downgrade from Wilkins but other than that I don’t see any loses that can’t result in a talent upgrade.

i like mostert and achane out running defenders, but i love seeing csonka when he sees a defender and he puts his head down to run through them, it's like he's saying you might get me down, but you're gonna feel it as much as i am if not more
Payton and Earl Campbell made you pay as well!

The Dolphins had Csonka, Kiick, and Mercury Morris in the same backfield. Unreal.

AFC East 2023 - 4-2

AFC East 2024 prediction - 3-3 - I dont think we will sweep the Jets and Patriots again. Rodgers will probably return and the Pats will probably have a much better QB and they have a lot of cap space. I will be optimistic and say we are due to beat the Bills so I have us splitting with everybody in the division.

AFC West 2023 - 3-1

AFC South 2024 prediction - 2-2 - I think we will beat the Jags and Titans at home but lose to the Texans and Colts on the road.

AFC North and South 2023 - 0-2

AFC North and West 2024 prediction - 1-1 - I think we will beat the Raiders at home and lose to the Browns on the road.

NFC East 2023 - 3-1

NFC West 2024 prediction - 1-3 - I think we will beat the Cardinals and lose to the 49ers at home and lose to the Rams and Seahawks on the road.

NFC South 2023 - 1-0

NFC North 2024 prediction - 0-1 - I think we will lose to the Packers on the road.

So based on all of that I think we will go from 11-6 in 2023 to 7-10 in 2024.
Last year when schedule came out I saw losses at buffalo, at chiefs, at eagles and at ravens and probably home to buffalo because we never beat them and I won't count that as win or even chance at win to we start beating them more So I saw 5 automatic losses when schedule came out

Then I saw at chargers, home to dallas, and at new england second game of year as swing games I was pretty much right. I missed titans game.

This year I don't see any automatic losses except at bills and home to bills.
Niners game is tough but that is at home so we have good shot. So schedule is a lot easier. Just more swing games but at rams and colts and houston are not automatic losses. We in good shape.

The window has closed, I definitely expect regression.
Phins have a long history of going through windows they're not supposed to
1999 Metal Universe Football Card #224 Cecil Collins Rookie Miami Dolphins  | eBay

So in watching the 48-20 debacle I have the following observations. one critical fumble, one critical interception, four sacks one of these sacks was between right between the right guard and tackle and pancaked the Humuhumunukunukuapua'a.

So it took Austin J, four years to become a good-very good tackle, Hunt is a good guard, but think how long it will take to build a better line, for a tight end to fit in etc. I see a bad moon arising.

The Ever Humu Triggers Are Tough But they Ain't No BullShark VIPER

PS Fangios D does not work, proof points against

Last year when schedule came out I saw losses at buffalo, at chiefs, at eagles and at ravens and probably home to buffalo because we never beat them and I won't count that as win or even chance at win to we start beating them more So I saw 5 automatic losses when schedule came out

Then I saw at chargers, home to dallas, and at new england second game of year as swing games I was pretty much right. I missed titans game.

Niners game is tough but that is at home so we have good shot. So schedule is a lot easier. Just more swing games but at rams and colts and houston are not automatic losses. We in good shape.
If the schedule ends up being easier that would really be something. We feasted this year on Jets (2), Pats (2), Panthers, Giants, Chargers, Broncos, Commanders, Raiders. That's 10 of our 11 wins last year, all very bad teams. If 1/2 our schedule next year ends up bottom of the league like this past year then I'll be quite surprised but happy to take it. 6 of 9 road games are at playoff teams.

If the schedule ends up being easier that would really be something. We feasted this year on Jets (2), Pats (2), Panthers, Giants, Chargers, Broncos, Commanders, Raiders. That's 10 of our 11 wins last year, all very bad teams. If 1/2 our schedule next year ends up bottom of the league like this past year then I'll be quite surprised but happy to take it. 6 of 9 road games are at playoff teams.
last year it was the same. We had second hardest schedule going into the year according to the previous records in 2022. Chargers were a playoff team, giants were a playoff team,ravens were a playoff team,bills were a playoff team, eagles were a playoff team, chiefs were playoff team.

I mean are we scared of the rams or colts? They are decent but my point is last year I saw def losses that I marked in pencil with chiefs ravens bills eagles. I don;t see that next year unless you want to count the bills because we never beat them. This year we played bad teams and great teams. Next year we have no great teams except niners and bills. But we have a lot of mid teams and less bad teams.

I agree with you. The schedule looks easier. I'm a huge proponent of how good are you, now how good are you playing. Next year we face some teams that played good but aren't really that good. We avoid unquestionably good teams like Baltimore and Kansas City.

I mentioned immediately when the schedule came out that lots of our road games are against teams that improved by 3+ victories this season. That is ideal. We're catching them in regression likelihood.

Besides, it all comes down to scoring points. If we continue to score points like this season, the details don't really matter. Most of those teams simply can't reach 24-27 or beyond. I thought Aaron Rodgers looked slow and old in the handful of plays before he got hurt.

Like I said, if we can get 10 patsies again next year like we had in 2023 I'm all for it. We'll need the Jets and Pats to remain bad though to get to that figure.

Back
Top Bottom