Congrats to Louisville | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Congrats to Louisville

Its the truth, did you not see white and slaton run all over the UoL defense in the first half?

Motion said:
And a weak defense.
:yeahthat:

if they could actually manage a stop after WVU marched down the field each time for a TD, it would've been different.

but...louisville is the #1 offense for a reason.

WestVirginiaFan said:
Im not talking about a defense as a whole, im talking about 1 certain part. Our D-line isint bad, our linebackers arent bad. Our secondary is terrible

You have to admit saying:
Its not our defense thats weak. Our secondary is God-Awlful

Is kinda backwards.

I'm glad I was rooting for Louisville. I'm also glad I haven't seen anyone complain about the game, by citing Slaton's injury mid-way through.

slaton's injury didn't stop their offense at all. they marched 92 yards down the field and scored a TD.

UF Fin Kat said:
slaton's injury didn't stop their offense at all. they marched 92 yards down the field and scored a TD.

I know it didn't, but you often see people reference something like an injury as the reason for thier loss. I was just glad to see no one blamed it on that.

OSUDauby said:
That was the WORST display of defense that I have EVER seen in a Top 10 match up. Sure, it was a good game, but all of both teams flaws were displayed in the spotlight.

Louisville was only a Top 10 defense coming into this game due to their weak schedule and we obviously saw waht happened to WVU's national championship hopes. And I don't mean to pour salt into an open wound. Plain and simple, losing is not fun. But, you have to give credit where credit is due.

Louisville's defense needs to make some MAJOR adjustments if they want to "try" and hang with Ohio State/Michigan. I mean I don't know where to begin with them. I know they average 4.5 sacks a game, but it had to be because of their weak schedule. Louisville's front 7 were non existant. Their DB's were exposed on several instances. My friend who has most likekly never watched an enitre game of football sat there with me and said many times that he coulnd't believe how bad both teams were on defense.

If Louisville should win out and play a team such as Ohio State/Michigan may the good Lord bless their souls. After that game last night, I have NO doubt in my mind that the Ohio State vs Michigan game on Nov. 18th is your National Championship game regardless of the fact that one of those two teams will go on to walk all over Louisville in a so-called "National Championship" game.

Sorry we didn't please you bro. I'd like to see OSU's defense try and stop WVU. It is the most unique offense in college football, and it would give both OSU and Michigan fits. As far as D-line being "non existant", that's a by product of the offense WVU runs. With the speed they possess, it doesn't take a gapping hole for Slaton to run through. Its up to the LBs and safties to make plays. I'd venture to say that OSU's defense would only do marginally better than U of L's. U of L would be able to hang with the conventional offense that OSU/Michigan run. And I doubt OSU's defense would be able to consistently stop U of L's offense...maybe last year's OSU defense, but not this years. So if U of L makes to the NC game and OSU beats Michigan (which I'm not sure they will), we'll see what happens, but I doubt it will be "walk over" by OSU.:rolleyes:

Congrats to the Cards. Good hunting, and represent the Big East well.

WestVirginiaFan said:
Im not talking about a defense as a whole, im talking about 1 certain part. Our D-line isint bad, our linebackers arent bad. Our secondary is terrible
Maybe not bad, but definitely not very good. UL dominated the line of scrimmage. You just don't win big games by losing that battle so badly.

Entertaining game between two extremely talented football teams. As a Big East fan, this game was a nice middle finger at the ACC, after supposely leaving us for dead by raiding the "top teams" in the conference..

The Big East is alive and well, and far superior to that of the ACC. It's a beautiful thing, really.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Entertaining game between two extremely talented football teams. As a Big East fan, this game was a nice middle finger at the ACC, after supposely leaving us for dead by raiding the "top teams" in the conference..

The Big East is alive and well, and far superior to that of the ACC. It's a beautiful thing, really.

So true, this year anyway.

look at all the great coaching in the Big East compared to the ACC. that's got to do with it as much as anything.

also, when they showed the lineups for WVU, i noticed not a single starter was actually from west virginia. lots of guys from florida and other states. really good recruiting for rich rodriguez. i think 3 or 4 starters on louisville are from kentucky.

LouPhinFan said:
Sorry we didn't please you bro. I'd like to see OSU's defense try and stop WVU. It is the most unique offense in college football, and it would give both OSU and Michigan fits. As far as D-line being "non existant", that's a by product of the offense WVU runs. With the speed they possess, it doesn't take a gapping hole for Slaton to run through. Its up to the LBs and safties to make plays. I'd venture to say that OSU's defense would only do marginally better than U of L's. U of L would be able to hang with the conventional offense that OSU/Michigan run. And I doubt OSU's defense would be able to consistently stop U of L's offense...maybe last year's OSU defense, but not this years. So if U of L makes to the NC game and OSU beats Michigan (which I'm not sure they will), we'll see what happens, but I doubt it will be "walk over" by OSU.:rolleyes:

Sorry to break it to you, but tO$U and Michigan are way more talented on defense (especially Michigan) than any team that Louisville has played all year. Have you even watched tO$U play this year? Good lord, I have a hard time believing the Cards could beat UM, tO$U, or Texas. The Big East is not a football conference and WV and Louisville would not be undefeated if they played in the Big 10, SEC, or Big 12. You can take that one to the bank!!!

UF Fin Kat said:
look at all the great coaching in the Big East compared to the ACC. that's got to do with it as much as anything.

also, when they showed the lineups for WVU, i noticed not a single starter was actually from west virginia. lots of guys from florida and other states. really good recruiting for rich rodriguez. i think 3 or 4 starters on louisville are from kentucky.

You aint kidding on the coaches. You got Robinson and Wanny who can flash Super Bowl BLING. You got Petirno who is one of the hottest coaches in the country every offseason for every job opening. Now you have Schiano and Rodriguez who are the new hot coaches up for jobs in Miami, UNC...etc.

Back
Top Bottom