consolidated rankings from our in-house experts of Dolphins 2017 draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

consolidated rankings from our in-house experts of Dolphins 2017 draft

This statement makes zero sense. Anyone cut and placed on a practice squad can be stolen. Drafted vs. signed as a UDFA has nothing to do with it.

This makes no sense?

They should have chosen the LB Chase Allen with the 7th pick so nobody can steal him from the practice squad.

Which part...tell me again?

Here's the thing on Harris, and this is what may very well make him worth it in the end:

He IS a one trick pony. But it's a really good trick.

DPhinz, anyone placed on the practice squad can be poached. Doesn't matter if they were drafted or undrafted....

They should have chosen the LB Chase Allen with the 7th pick so nobody can steal him from the practice squad.

If we drafted Chase Allen with the 7th round pick, as opposed to him being on the practice squad, as he is now, are you telling me that a team can steal him...under contract???

If we drafted Chase Allen with the 7th round pick, as opposed to him being on the practice squad, as he is now, are you telling me that a team can steal him...under contract???

He's not on the practice squad right now. He's a full fledged member of the Miami dolphins. Practice squad assignments won't be made until after training camp cuts.

giphy.gif

sorry I still cant get behind the Harris pick. Looked horrible against some lower tier OT's in college. If he doesn't get past you right away, hes not getting past you period. Now, can Wake mentor him up into something good? Possibly. But I saw all the tapes, he still doesn't intrigue me

I was like probably most Dolphins fans and had visions of Laremy Tunsil falling to us last year, dreaming of drafting Reuben Foster at #22. Then we drafted Charles Harris.

Then, I started doing some homeowork on Charles Harris. Like others have posted, it's hard not to love just about everything you read about the man. As for looking horrible against lower tier OT's, Myles Garrett had 8 1/2 sacks last season out of all of the defensive plays that were ran. Everyone gets blocked many times every game. Mr. Harris has some seriously sweet pass rushing moves/skills, and learning from Cam Wake and practicing against Laremy Tunsil sounds like a fantastic recipe for succes to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bruh, there is no practice squad right now. That doesn't kick in until after teams make their final cuts to get down to 53.....

I think someone needs to review how the UDFA process works. When we sign an undrafted free agent its just like signing a veteran FA. Most sign 2-3 year contract and can not be poached since they are signed to a contract. The practice squad does not come into play until the season starts.

I was a little forward by assuming that Allen won't make the 53...in the event he doesn't make the final cut and is placed on the practice squad then this rule applies:

"A practice squad player can be signed by another team, as long as the signing team adds the player to the 53-man roster. A practice squad player cannot be signed to another team’s practice squad."

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/3/12773904/nfl-practice-squad-players-roster-rules-eligibility-primer

I was a little forward by assuming that Allen won't make the 53...in the event he doesn't make the final cut and is placed on the practice squad then this rule applies:

"A practice squad player can be signed by another team, as long as the signing team adds the player to the 53-man roster. A practice squad player cannot be signed to another team’s practice squad."

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/3/12773904/nfl-practice-squad-players-roster-rules-eligibility-primer

Correct. So, the fact that Chase went undrafted and not in the spot where we took Ford really has no bearing at this point. As is, we have both players under contract. If neither makes the final cut to 53, they would first have to clear waivers before being added to our practice squad. Assuming that we would be interested in them at that time....

Correct. So, the fact that he went undrafted and not in the spot where we took Ford really has no bearing at this point. As is, we have both players under contract. If neither makes the final cut to 53, they would first have to clear waivers before being added to our practice squad. Assuming that we would be interested in them at that time....

What are the chances that Allen, who we had on one of our visits, doesn't make the final cut and decides to throw his lot in with another teams practice squad as opposed to ours once he clears waivers?

Back
Top Bottom