consolidated rankings from our in-house experts of Dolphins 2017 draft | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

consolidated rankings from our in-house experts of Dolphins 2017 draft

What are the chances that Allen, who we had on one of our visits, doesn't make the final cut and decides to throw his lot in with another teams practice squad as opposed to ours once he clears waivers?

If he doesn't make our final 53, he has the right to sign to another team's PS, that would be true even if he was drafted and didn't make the final 53.

If he doesn't make our final 53, he has the right to sign to another team's PS, that would be true even if he was drafted and didn't make the final 53.

I didn't say he didn't have the right...

I asked what are the chances he doesn't sign with us?

I didn't say he didn't have the right...

I asked what are the chances he doesn't sign with us?

There is probably a very good chance he would sign with our practice squad since he would be familiar with the coaches and the scheme. Players don't usually hop around to other teams practice squads after camp. They usually sign with the team they trained with or get signed to the 53 man roster of another team. If he's something spectacular then it won't be a worry since he would stick on the roster. If not he would be another in a long list of udfa lbs on practice squads around the NFL

What are the chances that Allen, who we had on one of our visits, doesn't make the final cut and decides to throw his lot in with another teams practice squad as opposed to ours once he clears waivers?

Well first, I think he would have to show us something that would make us still be interested. Second, what other players would be available from the cuts made by other teams who might be better options than Chase? Third, he would have to weigh his options based on the interest being exhibited, or lack thereof, by other teams. Which team would he feel is the best fit for him (defensive system, potential to be added to the 53, location, etc.)? Same goes for Ford.

I don't know much about either player and I truly hope that each of them comes into camp raising the level of competition at their respective positions. I'm fairly positive that Ford will not challenge our top three WR spots. He could push those fighting for those last two to three spots on the roster depending on how many receivers we decide to keep.....

[video=youtube_share;Lv-oA8qQu9Y]http://youtu.be/Lv-oA8qQu9Y[/video]

There are quite a few videos of Ford available but less for Chase.

[video=youtube_share;7ZYxtERpO90]http://youtu.be/7ZYxtERpO90[/video]

Here's the thing on Harris, and this is what may very well make him worth it in the end:

He IS a one trick pony. But it's a really good trick.

No, Harris is absolutely NOT a one trick pony. He has more than one pass rush move and his sacks speak to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't tbink we needed another WR (Carroo, Scott, Grant) which is why I preferred Allen as the 7th rounder, especially since we spent a visit on him. Either way, the Allen situation could possibly be another feather in our draft hat if he were to go the route of Hewitt.

I had Taylor 136 overall and Godchaux 144.

Asiata 134, Ford 81, McMillan 40, and Tankersley 57. So, after the 1st, I think Miami was consistent in getting good value. After all the time spent leading up to the draft, I needed to take a break to spend some time with the family, but I plan to rank every team's draft. That should be in the Draft Forum this week, and Miami should stack up pretty well.

That's the 5th we traded away

I think this confusion stems from the NFL.com. When Miami moved up it took them forever to update the compensation that Miami gave up and I think the Gerry pick was in before they updated the site. I know it confused me in Chat which is why I kept saying "we have three 5th round picks" and couldn't figure out what Miami traded so I thought it was a 2018 pick to move up.

I wonder if Grier reevaluates his past drafts and asks himself and staff how things could have gone better? I get the sense very little of that happens. Is there even an analytics department?

They drafted Charles Harris 35 spots higher than I had him graded, and I mentioned that even where I had him graded was probably too high. I raked them over the coals for that pick from the moment it was announced. Inexcusable. Especially with T.J. Watt and Tre’Davious White still available that I clearly had graded much higher.

I think the style of play in the Big-10 4-5 years ago compared to the wide open style the NFL had become is just too much for a kid like McMillan to transition. The contrast has just continued to get more noticeable. He was a great player in the Big-10 for that style of play. Missing out on his rookie year with a knee injury certainly didn’t help. He’s still better at dealing with RB’s in the hole than Jerome Baker. Unfortunately for McMillan, the NFL is willing to give teams some of that now.

Tankersley is another guy that just seemed to get derailed early from injury after playing decent early. Ultimately, still probably just not quite good enough.

Just a pitiful draft considering what they passed up.

Speaking of j-doll, haven’t seen him around in a few months. I sent him a message to check in on him but haven’t heard back. Hope everything is ok.

Back
Top Bottom