Cowherd "fins most underrated team in NFL" | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cowherd "fins most underrated team in NFL"

Cutler is better for this team at this point then Tannehill.

I am not a Tannehill hater or basher - I actually have supported him quite a bit...

That said, Cutler's pocket presence is light years ahead of Tannehill's.

Cutler also is likely to be much better in a few areas - hurry up, improvisation on extended plays, exploiting other teams.

Tannehill plays a bit stiff - and his pocket presence or lack there of is his big weakness and always has been.

Cutler will win a game or two that Tannehill likely would not of. We will be faced with a big fat dilemma at QB when this season ends...

Based on his past history, Cutler will also lose a game or two that Tannehill would've likely managed well and given the rest of the team a chance to win, and so it may be a wash in the end. We'll have to wait and see as the season plays out.

Couldn't disagree with you more. The only dilemma at QB when this season ends is who is going to back up tannehill in 2018.
Your're going to be surprised. Tannehill is a good qb, but when you can upgrade a good qb you do it..

If Cutler plays better then you keep him as a starter, trade RT for a 1st round pick and use that one to draft a young future qb to back-up Cutler.

Your're going to be surprised. Tannehill is a good qb, but when you can upgrade a good qb you do it..

If Cutler plays better then you keep him as a starter, trade RT for a 1st round pick and use that one to draft a young future qb to back-up Cutler.
I'm not sure that makes any sense. You want to trade Tannehill and then draft another QB to take his place but we don't know if that QB you want us to draft would be as good as Tannehill who's just about to hit his prime. The only thing to gain would be a rookie contract but how much longer can Cutler actually play? And then we're back to square one at QB.

Ozzy rules!!

I'm not sure that makes any sense. You want to trade Tannehill and then draft another QB to take his place but we don't know if that QB you want us to draft would be as good as Tannehill who's just about to hit his prime. The only thing to gain would be a rookie contract but how much longer can Cutler actually play? And then we're back to square one at QB.

Ozzy rules!!
Tannehill hasn't proven anything yet to worth keeping off an injury at 30..

Ozzy rules!!
There's 3 in this draft who all have more potential than Tannehill..

If Gase is so good then he can make a young talented guy to be as good as Cutler and Tannehill.

He settled in very well in the last half of the season once the set technique changes sunk in for him.
For me, this is the optimistic view of James. It is definitely true that once he gelled with the technique changes later in the season he looked much better.

I am still worried about James though. One thing he has shown a lot of is inconsistency. Sure, some of that is injuries, and then some isn't. The I juries themselves worry me. The inconsistencies even when healthy though, drives me nuts. I just can't trust this guy.

Hopefully, he has _finally_ turned the corner, 'gets it' and can stay healthy long enough to give us consistently solid play. He has had some moments in the run game, but that needs to improve. His pass pro just needs to get more consistent.

Fingers crossed.

Cowherd was the only national commentator that was positive when Dolphins signed Cutler. Others like Steven A Smith were all written off Cutler. I am not surprised Cowherd given us props.
Actually, on NFL Network several of them were calling it an upgrade to Tannehill and spoke quite positively about Cutler.

They couldn't go into much detail though, because the 5 second Dolphin update was pushing up against the 30 minute Patriots hype train and delaying the 20 minute Cowboys update .. and those 5 seconds had to come at the expense of the 10 minutes per hour devoted to the rest of the NFL, so the LA teams were pissed.

I respect Colin when back when we almost went 0-16 he called it in the preseason. He was giving his predictions on his radio show and called the Fins going 0-16. I was livid at him and thought he was crazy. Guess he saw what I couldn't.

You seriously think Cutler is a better QB than Tannehill?
Good evening bro. I think Ryan has the edge. What will be interesting is how Jay plays through out the year. If he plays well does he want to play another couple of years? What does Jay playing well mean to Ryan if anything?

Back
Top Bottom