Culpepper maybe going to KC | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Culpepper maybe going to KC

hellsapoppin

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
I heard this morning that KC has gotten in touch with Culpepper and may bring him in for a try-out. We play KC at the end of the season so it looks like the Dolphins may get one more shot at playing against him. I kinda of think that there may be some revenge to that game especially the way Culpepper mocked the fans and players durning that Oakland game. This could be one of those "What goes around comes Around"...

I heard this morning that KC has gotten in touch with Culpepper and may bring him in for a try-out. We play KC at the end of the season so it looks like the Dolphins may get one more shot at playing against him. I kinda of think that there may be some revenge to that game especially the way Culpepper mocked the fans and players durning that Oakland game. This could be one of those "What goes around comes Around"...

Maybe I missed something but I dont remember Culpepper mocking any fans. He pointed at his leg and said it was fine. For any dolphin fan to hold any grudge aagainst Daunte seems silly and illinformed. The dolphin front office made a mess of a situation and we make Daunte the bad guy, I guess people dont remember that Cam was an idiot. Culpepper has already been somewhat given a perception around the league which has already hurt his value. Trent Green is no better a qb yet he got a 3 million dollar contract while Daunte was being offered the minimum.

I really like the guy and i wish he had worked out here. Cameron/ mueller made another mistake in releasing him and bringing in green. Personally im kind of glad he crushed us last year, it puts it in cams face. I hope he does sign with kc, but we need to at least win that game anyway

I really like the guy and i wish he had worked out here. Cameron/ mueller made another mistake in releasing him and bringing in green. Personally im kind of glad he crushed us last year, it puts it in cams face. I hope he does sign with kc, but we need to at least win that game anyway
:foundout:

Releasing him was the best thing they did. Bringing in Green was just another stupid shot at winning now with a broken down QB.

:foundout:

Releasing him was the best thing they did. Bringing in Green was just another stupid shot at winning now with a broken down QB.

i dont agree. How were we any better by releasing him. He was the starting Qb in 3 of Oakland's wins last year which is like 2 more than we had as a team. The way our staff handled the Culpepper situation set the tone for a bad season.

i dont agree. How were we any better by releasing him. He was the starting Qb in 3 of Oakland's wins last year which is like 2 more than we had as a team. The way our staff handled the Culpepper situation set the tone for a bad season.
There was so much bad blood built up with Culpepper and the (then) new regime that keeping him and Green on the same team would have been a nightmare. He's such a crybaby, can you imagine if we kept him and he had to back up Green?

Did he have a fair shot? Maybe, maybe not, I couldn't care less anymore, we should have pulled the trigger on Brees in the first place instead of wasting money, time and a draft pick on that big idiot. I was rooting for him, as I do for any member of our team, but my opinion soured sack after sack after sack after...you get the picture.

Like me and Stan, he's retired now and should stay that way.

There was so much bad blood built up with Culpepper and the (then) new regime that keeping him and Green on the same team would have been a nightmare. He's such a crybaby, can you imagine if we kept him and he had to back up Green?

Did he have a fair shot? Maybe, maybe not, I couldn't care less anymore, we should have pulled the trigger on Brees in the first place instead of wasting money, time and a draft pick on that big idiot. I was rooting for him, as I do for any member of our team, but my opinion soured sack after sack after sack after...you get the picture.

Like me and Stan, he's retired now and should stay that way.

I see no reason for Culpepper to retire with Brad Johnson actually starting for the Cowboys last week. The only reason Culpepper retired is because teams showed so little interest and money. Hell if Trent green can get three million a year Im sure he is worth the same at least. I would not give either player that much right now but Culpepper was far from awful last year in Oakland. Our line sucked as well so they also had a big part in all those sacks. In fact we now have a solid oline and guess what, only one guy remains from that line and he has been moved to his true position RT.

I will say one key thing. With how bad Qb has been in KC, how could trying out Culepper be a bad thing. I mean who is he keeping you from developing.

I see no reason for Culpepper to retire with Brad Johnson actually starting for the Cowboys last week. The only reason Culpepper retired is because teams showed so little interest and money. Hell if Trent green can get three million a year Im sure he is worth the same at least. I would not give either player that much right now but Culpepper was far from awful last year in Oakland. Our line sucked as well so they also had a big part in all those sacks. In fact we now have a solid oline and guess what, only one guy remains from that line and he has been moved to his true position RT.
I think the fact that he represents himself as an agent and has a seriously inflated opinion of his monetary value might have something to do with the lack of interest. I never watched too much of him with the Vikings, and saw way too much of him in Miami, esp in Silver and Black :oldman: KC would be better off luring Elvis Grbac out of retirement and leaving this Pepper alone.

I think the fact that he represents himself as an agent and has a seriously inflated opinion of his monetary value might have something to do with the lack of interest. I never watched too much of him with the Vikings, and saw way too much of him in Miami, esp in Silver and Black :oldman: KC would be better off luring Elvis Grbac out of retirement and leaving this Pepper alone.

I think your hate for him leads more to that last statement, because he was ok in Oakland last year.

I dont think he has an inflated value I think the league has blackballed him to a degree because he did not quitely let the Phins or Vikings do whatever they wanted with him. like I said before if going value for trent green is 3 million than Daunte is worth the same at the least.

KC couldn't get any worse with the QB situation there...so compared to Huard and Croyle...he's somewhat of an upgrade.

I think it's between them and the 9ers to see who gets Matt Stafford with the 1st pick next season.

KC couldn't get any worse with the QB situation there...so compared to Huard and Croyle...he's somewhat of an upgrade.

I think it's between them and the 9ers to see who gets Matt Stafford with the 1st pick next season.

Which if if he is an upgrade over the Qb that took the job from Green he is definately not worse than Green lol.

We can only hope.

Like facing Tyler Thigpen would be a more difficult challenge. I remember many licking thier chops last year when we played Oakland and he outplayed the guy we replaced him with.

didnt see dc sighn a contract with sears and is in eligble to play in the nfl now?

Back
Top Bottom