Cutler agrees to sign for fins | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutler agrees to sign for fins

To be honest we draft way better in the back half, than we do in the top third. Just look in the last 10 years or so, we have drafted a punt and kick returner at number 9. A 2nd sting college RB, that had his best year as a gimmick QB at second overall. A LT that could of had a HOF carrier at the number 1 overall if the injurys didn't do him in. And the worse pick in Dolphins history, a DE at 3rd overall that had what 3 sacks and a punt block.
YAY!!!......and keep us from going anywhere in the playoffs and put us again at the bottom third of draft order......what a great bargain!

I don't understand why so many are apoplectic about this. This would not be the 1st time a team loses its projected starter and signs an older veteran on a short term deal. The phins don't have the luxury of a young promising backup on the roster and Moore has never been viable as a multi game starter.

Who's fault is that? We could have had Dak and Foles on the roster. It seemed like the biggest no brainer in the world for a new coach to add a young QB with potential in his first season.

This reminds me of when Pennington fell into our laps in 2008. Get ready for the ride friends.

Who's fault is that? We could have had Dak and Foles on the roster. It seemed like the biggest no brainer in the world for a new coach to add a young QB with potential in his first season.
instead we got a starting LT and a starting boundary CB, what were we thinking

I would rather have Tanny playing on one leg

Last edited:
I hate to be a downer but chances are you've seen the last of Tannehill in Miami. He's a marginal qb at best and they are not going to keep him now that he's injury prone. In steps Cutler who's here for nothing more than a paycheck, regardless of how much he likes Gase. So this season will be somewhere in the 5 to 7 win range which will neccesitate us trading up for hopefully the next great Dolphin Qb.

I do feel a little sorry for those of you who thought this year Tannehill would jump up to an elite level, but really if he had the goods he would have shown them by now. The main problem is that this team is still hampered by the idiots at the top, who have no clue what they are doing. Bringing in Cutler? Not already signing your best player in Landry?Stupid. Matt Moore is the same qb at half the cost. Losing Landry to replace him with who? Devante " ain't done ****" Parker?A smart Organization would have found a younger guy who could come in behind Moore should he struggle. Is there really a difference between 5-11 and 7-9? The team isn't good enough to compete for more than a wildcard beating at best, So why not continue building a good defense, and continue to build for the future?

nothing that someone says before the word "but" really counts

I mean this fact is truly inarguable. Then again I felt this way in 2013 as well. Starter/dependable backup/young QB with potential . . . . instead we put all of our eggs in the Tannehill basket and settled for Matt Moore as a guy who can come in and salvage a few games if there is an injury but no upside to be a longterm starter. . . . and just a bunch of practice squad UDFAs to throw the ball around in camp.

Organization screwed the pooch there, no question.

"Last season was a nightmare for Cutler, with just five games played due to injury, with four touchdowns and five interceptions. The last time Cutler played all 16 games in a season? 2009"

Who do we get to start if Cutler gets hurt? Manning?

Phins should start looking now.

Something to consider here is that Cutler might not start on opening day. I know Cutler knows the offense but he still needs to get in football shape plus he needs to get on the same page with his WR's and TE's. Starting Moore early on might not be the worst thing, specially since that's the easiest part of our schedule. I don't believe Moore can lead us to the playoffs but he's more than capable to help us win one or two games early on. Why put Cutler out there if he's not ready when we do have a good(not great) back up that knows the offense and his team mates? Of course if we start Moore and win, do you pull him out before we lose a game?

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom